5 more days to go

Old November 2nd 06, 11:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April & Stewart

Default 5 more days to go

and then my daughter starts coming home. Had final supervised contact today,
was a good session and the contact worker said some nice things at the end
such as "you deserve this" and then she got really tearful and then I got
tears in my eyes although i'm mega happy about it being the last time ever
to be at a contact centre. I got really silly last night and panicked with
questions like OMG am I going to be a good mum, I dont want to be like my
mother and seriously screw my baby girl up, hubby reasurred me by saying
i'de never be like my mother and I'm a super mummy and i'll be fine. I then
told him I felt really weired because next week we'll be able to do stuff
like take Joanna out in the buggy without having to ask for permission and I
felt a little bit lost about that idea and he said he was feeling like that
to. I felt a massive pressure lift from me after i'd spoken to him about how
I was feeling but i'm still ****ting myself because I just don't want to
screw up as being a mum again. I love my little baby cakes to pieces but i'm
so scared of turning out like my mother. Anyway wanted to share the fact
that their's only 5 days to go until she steps into our house for her 1st
time but not the final time and that we're also now allowed to go and pick
her up from foster carer and drop her of ourselfs where as before it was a
vol driver.

April

Old November 3rd 06, 04:06 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

April & Stewart wrote:
[...]

Yay! Congrats! You'll do fine. :-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old November 3rd 06, 08:45 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

That's brilliant news April, I'm *so* pleased for you. I'm sure you'll
be a brilliant mum to your little baby cakes. If it helps - my gran,
although she has some good qualities, is not in my book a good mum.
However my mum is fantastic and I couldn't have asked for a better one,
so please don't worry that you will turn out like yours. My mum is
nothing ike my gran.

Good luck to all of you and have a lovely Christmas together!

Jeni

Old November 3rd 06, 12:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"April & Stewart" wrote in message
[...]

Finally getting there!
Don't worry about being a good mum. I guess most of us worry about it.
There'll be bad days when you feel like you've failed-we all have those. And
good days when you feel terrific!
She's going to be really proud of you when she's older and hears how much
you went through to keep her.
Debbie

Old November 3rd 06, 02:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Leslie

I think it's very natural that you would be nervous! Just remember
that it's going to be gradual and that will help with your confidence.
Also, you've had way more preparation and education and training for
being a good mother at this point than most of the rest of us had
before we brought our babies home! You're going to do great.

Leslie

Old November 5th 06, 05:44 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
rangitotogirl

[...]

Awww, I'm my so happy for you, it just about brought tears to my eyes
reading your post. I had to stop reading it part way through.
Congratulations!!!