Vaccinations & SIDS ... on ongoing concern

Old September 7th 07, 12:45 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
TheGuffster

Default Vaccinations & SIDS ... on ongoing concern

On Sep 6, 7:24 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:
Note from Ilena Rosenthal:
The Vaccination Machine is revving up full tilt boogie in Australia,
the US of A, and Canada etc. to vaccinate as many pre-sexual females
as possible as school is starting.

Little girls as young as 9 years old are being targeted, and every
denial and trick in the Quackwatch Propaganda Campaign is being drug
out of the closet.

"Simple math." is Gardasil Defender, Myrl Jeffcoat's trivialization of
a vast multilevel international issue ... where long term benefits and
risks are far from simple.

I see the same Vac Propagandists are claiming to have decided there is
no link between some SIDS deaths and vaccinations.

Not so fast ...

http://www.thinktwice.com/sids.htm

In another study of 103 children who died of SIDS, Dr. William Torch,
of the University of Nevada School of Medicine at Reno, found that
more than two-thirds had been vaccinated with DPT prior to death. Of
these, 6.5 percent died within 12 hours of vaccination; 13 percent
within 24 hours; 26 percent within three days; and 37, 61, and 70
percent within one, two, and three weeks, respectively (see the
diagram below). He also found that SIDS frequencies have a
bimodal-peak occurrence at two and four months -- the same ages when
initial doses of DPT are administered to infants.(4)

Yes it is an ongoing concern. Studies have found that children that
are unvaccinated have (up to) a 6.5 times likely hood of dying from
SIDS compared to an unvaccinated child.

Marie R. Griffin, Wayne A. Ray, John R. Livengood, and William
Schaffner, "Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome after Immunization
with the Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis Vaccine." NEJM 319:10 [Sept. 8,
1988], 618-622.

"The mortality rate of non-immunized infants was 6.5 times that of
immunized infants of the same age."

Old September 7th 07, 02:44 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
[email protected]

On Sep 6, 7:45 pm, TheGuffster wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:24 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:

Yes it is an ongoing concern. Studies have found that children that are unvaccinated have (up to) a 6.5 times likely hood of dying from
SIDS compared to an unvaccinated child.

Marie R. Griffin, Wayne A. Ray, John R. Livengood, and William
Schaffner, "Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome after Immunization
with the Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis Vaccine." NEJM 319:10 [Sept. 8,
1988], 618-622.

"The mortality rate of non-immunized infants was 6.5 times that of
immunized infants of the same age."- Hide quoted text -

uhh, excuse me, but just what are you saying?

If you are telling us that non-immunized infants died 6.5 times more
often than immunized infants, I would like to see your data and the
source of it.

What I have seen, and the data supports the conclusion, is that SIDS
does not occur during the first 2 months of life. After the first 2
months the incidence of SIDS peaks at 2 mn, 4 mn, 6mn, and 12 mn.
This just happens to coincide with the "well baby" program of
immunization for infants.

Would you care to correct your mis-information?

DrCee
Not a member of the church of modern medicine.

Old September 8th 07, 04:00 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
SanHolo

On Sep 7, 3:44 am, wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:45 pm, TheGuffster wrote:

On Sep 6, 7:24 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:

Yes it is an ongoing concern. Studies have found that children that are unvaccinated have (up to) a 6.5 times likely hood of dying from
SIDS compared to an unvaccinated child.

Marie R. Griffin, Wayne A. Ray, John R. Livengood, and William
Schaffner, "Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome after Immunization
with the Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis Vaccine." NEJM 319:10 [Sept. 8,
1988], 618-622.

"The mortality rate of non-immunized infants was 6.5 times that of
immunized infants of the same age."- Hide quoted text -

uhh, excuse me, but just what are you saying?

If you are telling us that non-immunized infants died 6.5 times more
often than immunized infants, I would like to see your data and the
source of it.

Just search Pubmed.org, easy as that.

What I have seen, and the data supports the conclusion, is that SIDS
does not occur during the first 2 months of life. After the first 2
months the incidence of SIDS peaks at 2 mn, 4 mn, 6mn, and 12 mn.
This just happens to coincide with the "well baby" program of
immunization for infants.

Hahaha, who told you that?

Would you care to correct your mis-information?

Yes, please do correct YOURS, MrCee.

Old September 9th 07, 01:51 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
TheGuffster

On Sep 6, 9:44 pm, wrote:

uhh, excuse me, but just what are you saying?

If you are telling us that non-immunized infants died 6.5 times more
often than immunized infants, I would like to see your data and the
source of it.

Are you stupid? That information has already been provided....I'll
restate it below

Marie R. Griffin, Wayne A. Ray, John R. Livengood, and William
Schaffner, "Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome after Immunization
with the Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis Vaccine." NEJM 319:10 [Sept. 8,
1988], 618-622.

NEJM is the New England Journal of Medicine. Go out and purchase a
back copy and leaf through it.

What I have seen, and the data supports the conclusion, is that SIDS
does not occur during the first 2 months of life. After the first 2
months the incidence of SIDS peaks at 2 mn, 4 mn, 6mn, and 12 mn.
This just happens to coincide with the "well baby" program of
immunization for infants.

Would you care to correct your mis-information?

I'll have to correct yours, as mine is completely correct.

http://healthgate.partners.org/brows...ndrome%20(SIDS)

"The occurrence of SIDS is rare during the first month of life, peaks
at 2-4 months of age, then gradually decreases."

http://www.firstcandle.org/expectant...reduce_qa.html
"Regular Health Care. Parents should take their babies to their
health care provider for regular well baby checkups, and should make
sure that their babies receive their immunizations on schedule."

http://www.sids.org/rsearch/news.htm
"The most reasonable conclusion to be drawn from current scientific
literature is that the risk of SIDS is not influenced by
vaccinations."

So, the data does not support that SIDS does not occur before 2 months
of age, it is just rare.
It does peak between 2 and 4 months.
It does not peak at 6 or 12 months.

SIDS does happen before the first month and declines after the sixth
month. 90% of all SIDS cases happen before 6 months.

The occurrences of SIDS do not coincide with well baby checkups.
There is no evidence whatsoever that SIDS and vaccines have anything
in common.

I hope that no one listens to the crap that you anti vaccine people
spew. If they do, then they will be putting their children and other
peoples children at risk.

Old September 9th 07, 06:06 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
David Wright

In article m,
wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:45 pm, TheGuffster wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:24 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:

Yes it is an ongoing concern. Studies have found that children that
are unvaccinated have (up to) a 6.5 times likely hood of dying from
SIDS compared to a vaccinated child.

[...]

Cee, nobody can even touch you for misinformation except for your
fellow loon Scudamore.

From http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/gen...leep/sids.html

Most deaths due to SIDS occur between 2 and 4 months of age, and
incidence increases during cold weather. African-American infants
are twice as likely and Native American infants are about three
times more likely to die of SIDS than caucasian infants. More boys
than girls fall victim to SIDS.

Note, by the way, that SIDS rates have declined substantially (around
50%, as I recall) over the last decade or so, even though vaccination
rates haven't changed much over that time. Also, consider the little
quotation above -- and remember that black and Native American kids
are more likely to live in poverty, meaning they're also less likely
to be vaccinated, yet they have higher SIDS rates.

As another item that proves how wrong Cee is (as usual): New Zealand
has seen a major decline in SIDS deaths, even as vaccination rates
rose very substantially.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"[Republicans] talk about Reagan the way gay guys talk about
Barbra Streisand." -- Bill Maher

Old September 9th 07, 06:17 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
[email protected]

On Sep 8, 8:51 pm, TheGuffster wrote:
On Sep 6, 9:44 pm, wrote:

uhh, excuse me, but just what are you saying?

If you are telling us that non-immunized infants died 6.5 times more
often than immunized infants, I would like to see your data and the
source of it.

Are you stupid? That information has already been provided....I'll
restate it below

Marie R. Griffin, Wayne A. Ray, John R. Livengood, and William
Schaffner, "Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome after Immunization
with the Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis Vaccine." NEJM 319:10 [Sept. 8,
1988], 618-622.

NEJM is the New England Journal of Medicine. Go out and purchase a
back copy and leaf through it.

This article does not support your contention that non-vaccinated
children die at a rate of 6.5 greater than vaccinated kids. If you
read the article, they only followed vaccinated kids. Of the 204
deaths, 109 were classifed as SIDS.

You will need to learn how to lie better than that.

http://healthgate.partners.org/brows...sp?fileName=11...)

"The occurrence of SIDS is rare during the first month of life, peaks
at 2-4 months of age, then gradually decreases."

This is in agreement with what I said. Check with the LLL. Mothers
who breastfeed and do not vaccinate, have low to no SIDS. Mothers who
breastfeed and vaccinate have a higher rate of SIDS. Mothers who
bottle feed and vaccinate have the highest death rate of SIDS.

Explain that if you will. These are facts, not psuedo-science
results.

http://www.firstcandle.org/expectant...reduce_qa.html
"Regular Health Care. Parents should take their babies to their
health care provider for regular well baby checkups, and should make
sure that their babies receive their immunizations on schedule."

http://www.sids.org/rsearch/news.htm
"The most reasonable conclusion to be drawn from current scientific
literature is that the risk of SIDS is not influenced by
vaccinations."

It is also scientifically valid that asbestos does not cause cancer,
and neither does smoking tobacco. Your psuedo science can buy any
conclusion wanted.

So, the data does not support that SIDS does not occur before 2 months
of age, it is just rare.
It does peak between 2 and 4 months.
It does not peak at 6 or 12 months.

SIDS does happen before the first month and declines after the sixth
month. 90% of all SIDS cases happen before 6 months.

The occurrences of SIDS do not coincide with well baby checkups.
There is no evidence whatsoever that SIDS and vaccines have anything
in common.

More psuedo science. Check the facts. Not the bought and paid for
lies.

I hope that no one listens to the crap that you anti vaccine people
spew. If they do, then they will be putting their children and other
peoples children at risk.

How can a non-vaccinated child put a vaccinated child at risk? Surely
the puss poisoned child full of antibodies has nothing to fear from a
non-vaccinated child, even if that non-vaccinated child does become
ill.

Old September 9th 07, 09:53 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
SanHolo

On Sep 6, 9:44 pm, wrote:

[...]

Come on, simply search Pubmed for "SIDS" AND "Immunization" and you
will get plenty of results. Read the abstracts, that's enough to get
an overview, and you will read sentences like "This study provides
further support that immunisations may reduce the risk of SIDS" in
plenty of them.

What I have seen, and the data supports the conclusion, is that SIDS
does not occur during the first 2 months of life. After the first 2
months the incidence of SIDS peaks at 2 mn, 4 mn, 6mn, and 12 mn.
This just happens to coincide with the "well baby" program of
immunization for infants.

Would you care to correct your mis-information?

I'll have to correct yours, as mine is completely correct.

http://healthgate.partners.org/brows...sp?fileName=11...)

"The occurrence of SIDS is rare during the first month of life, peaks
at 2-4 months of age, then gradually decreases."

This is in agreement with what I said.

No, you said that SIDS peaks at 2, 4, 6 and 12 months of age. This is
_not_ in agreement with the above quotation.

It is also scientifically valid that asbestos does not cause cancer,
and neither does smoking tobacco. Your psuedo science can buy any
conclusion wanted.

Who told you that? Of course asbestos-exposure and smoking does
heavily rise your chance to become ill of cancer.

Old September 9th 07, 10:12 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
TheGuffster

On Sep 9, 1:17 pm, wrote:

This article does not support your contention that non-vaccinated
children die at a rate of 6.5 greater than vaccinated kids. If you
read the article, they only followed vaccinated kids. Of the 204
deaths, 109 were classifed as SIDS.

You will need to learn how to lie better than that.

It was a direct quote from the article, you moron.

It is also scientifically valid that asbestos does not cause cancer,
and neither does smoking tobacco. Your psuedo science can buy any
conclusion wanted.

You are dumb as the day is long. So you are actually so stupid as to
believe that asbestos and smoking don't cause cancer? You have no
knowledge of medicine what so ever.

So, the data does not support that SIDS does not occur before 2 months
of age, it is just rare.
It does peak between 2 and 4 months.
It does not peak at 6 or 12 months.

SIDS does happen before the first month and declines after the sixth
month. 90% of all SIDS cases happen before 6 months.

The occurrences of SIDS do not coincide with well baby checkups.
There is no evidence whatsoever that SIDS and vaccines have anything
in common.

More psuedo science. Check the facts. Not the bought and paid for
lies.

Those are facts. The crap you spew has not been backed by one citation
by you yet.

I hope that no one listens to the crap that you anti vaccine people
spew. If they do, then they will be putting their children and other
peoples children at risk.

How can a non-vaccinated child put a vaccinated child at risk? Surely
the puss poisoned child full of antibodies has nothing to fear from a
non-vaccinated child, even if that non-vaccinated child does become
ill.

I did not say an unvaccinated child would put a vaccinated child at
risk. I said " If they do, then they will be putting their children
and other peoples children at risk."

An unvaccinated child can become a reservoir for a disease and die
from that disease. That child could come into contact with someone
that either hasn't been vaccinated or has a compromised immune system
and that child could cause that other person to get ill and possibly
die.
You are a moron, and know nothing about the chain of infection.

Old September 10th 07, 01:06 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
Mark Probert

SanHolo wrote:
On Sep 7, 3:44 am, wrote:
[...]

Remember the old saying...

You can bring a clue to Chuckie, but it will not make him think.
Old September 10th 07, 01:08 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
Mark Probert

TheGuffster wrote:
On Sep 6, 9:44 pm, wrote:
uhh, excuse me, but just what are you saying?

If you are telling us that non-immunized infants died 6.5 times more
often than immunized infants, I would like to see your data and the
source of it.

Are you stupid?

Yes, Chuckie is stupid. If you still have to ask that, you have not
fully comprehended his lack of thought.