doll house

Old December 19th 05, 08:36 PM posted to misc.kids

Default doll house

Would a doll house be fun for a 2yo for a Christmas present? DD plays with
toys that the toysrus.com label as 3yo toys, for what that is worth. Can
anyone recommend a rugged and fun doll house? I want a kind of traditional
one, not the Dora the Explorer one. For better or worse, it's a very
southern style house and we live in VT.

Thanks

Stephanie

Old December 19th 05, 08:46 PM posted to misc.kids

I don't know that this will be helpful to you, but my parents just got
my DD (who is also 2) a Fischer Price Little People doll house for
Christmas. Of course she hasn't seen it yet, but my guess is that she
will just love it. She really loves her other Little People toys and
books so I would bet that she will feel the same about this. I guess
its not really a "traditional" dollhouse, but their stuff certainly is
sturdy.

Sarah

Old December 19th 05, 09:02 PM posted to misc.kids

"Stephanie" wrote in message
Would a doll house be fun for a 2yo for a Christmas present? DD plays with
toys that the toysrus.com label as 3yo toys, for what that is worth. Can
anyone recommend a rugged and fun doll house? I want a kind of traditional
one, not the Dora the Explorer one. For better or worse, it's a very
southern style house and we live in VT.

Thanks

Stephanie

There are lots on the market, but you would need one geared for a young
child to reduce choking hazards.

Old December 19th 05, 09:10 PM posted to misc.kids

My girls loved the doll house that we got. It was actually given to DD1 for
Christmas when she was around 2-3 yrs old. It was the Playskool one.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 19th 05, 09:31 PM posted to misc.kids

Stephanie wrote:
Would a doll house be fun for a 2yo for a Christmas present? DD plays with
toys that the toysrus.com label as 3yo toys, for what that is worth. Can
anyone recommend a rugged and fun doll house? I want a kind of traditional
one, not the Dora the Explorer one. For better or worse, it's a very
southern style house and we live in VT.

My 2.5yo DD is getting one of the Plan Toys (Brio)
dollhouses for Christmas. They have one in the nursery at
church that she likes to play with. Watch out for toys that
are too small and pose a choking hazard, since most of
these are geared towards 3+yos. I think these sorts of
dollhouses are probably the most rugged for small kids.
Whether it's fun for her or not is debatable. Some
2yos like playing with this sort of stuff and others
don't.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old December 20th 05, 02:16 AM posted to misc.kids

wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know that this will be helpful to you, but my parents just got
my DD (who is also 2) a Fischer Price Little People doll house for
Christmas. Of course she hasn't seen it yet, but my guess is that she
will just love it. She really loves her other Little People toys and
books so I would bet that she will feel the same about this. I guess
its not really a "traditional" dollhouse, but their stuff certainly is
sturdy.

I second this. It's very age appropriate. DD10 got one
for her 2nd birthday. We have her on tape jumping up
and down with excitement when she got it! You can
get a wooden fancier one when she's older.

Bizby

Old December 20th 05, 06:02 PM posted to misc.kids

"bizby40" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know that this will be helpful to you, but my parents just got
my DD (who is also 2) a Fischer Price Little People doll house for
Christmas. Of course she hasn't seen it yet, but my guess is that she
will just love it. She really loves her other Little People toys and
books so I would bet that she will feel the same about this. I guess
its not really a "traditional" dollhouse, but their stuff certainly is
sturdy.

I second this. It's very age appropriate. DD10 got one
for her 2nd birthday. We have her on tape jumping up
and down with excitement when she got it! You can
get a wooden fancier one when she's older.

My 6yo daughter got the Fisher Price house when she was around 2yo as well.
She's still playing with it, although she has a number of other plastic doll
houses as well.

Perhaps in another year or two, I will get a fancier wooden dollhouse with
all the wonderful furniture for her (or, to be completely honest, for me--I
always wanted one as a child), but with a 4yo still in the house, I think
it's a bit dangerous to invest in something that potentially fragile and
expensive.

But really, for a 2yo, the FP model is perfect!
--
Be well, Barbara

Old December 23rd 05, 10:43 PM posted to misc.kids

"Stephanie" wrote in message
Would a doll house be fun for a 2yo for a Christmas present? DD plays with
toys that the toysrus.com label as 3yo toys, for what that is worth. Can
anyone recommend a rugged and fun doll house? I want a kind of traditional
one, not the Dora the Explorer one. For better or worse, it's a very
southern style house and we live in VT.

Thanks

Stephanie

I know this is an older thread .. I don't get a chance to read this NG ofte,
but I thought I would let you know that Pottery Barn Kids has a VERY nice
soft doll house for $50, I *think* it comes w/ all the ppl and 'things'
I was just there today and if my DD didn't aready have a doll house, I would
have picked this one.