follow up to "Tips to decrease nighttime nursing?"

Old August 25th 07, 03:56 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default follow up to "Tips to decrease nighttime nursing?"

I just noticed a new post, a couple of weeks after I thought this thread
was done with. I spotted something very interesting....

"In
addition, I had the worst ever case of engorgement with 2 kids, and
every tiny little baby noise made me let down during the night AND my
breasts absolutely refuse to leak even when they are about to burst.
(It's due to a genetic mutation I have--Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome--and
all but 1 BFing EDSer said that they had the exact same problem, which
I could never find in any published material)"

This describes precisely, I also have EDS and barely ever leaked - I
bought reusable breastpads, but never had to wash them! The only time I
would ever leak was if one breast didn't get used for at least 12 hours.
This led to supply problems with my first one, in the exact opposite way
that mothers who leak very easily get sent the sign that all that milk
is needed, my body got sent the sign that it didn't need it and thus
didn't produce it. It never even occurred to me to look for any
breastfeeding things that relate to EDS - the only thing that I would
have thought of would be that EDSers would likely be more vunerable to
back problems and the like related to feeding postions - whilst my first
was a baby my left shoulder kept popping out due to the weight and he
was a very tiny baby.

Cheers
Anne