Hi Any single parents from Australia?

Old August 17th 04, 07:12 AM
Ms Louise Clayton

Default Hi Any single parents from Australia?

Hi
I just joined the group and wondered are there any singles from Australia?
I live in NSW Australia with teenage kids.
Like to learn more about life for singles in other countries as well.
Chloe

Old August 17th 04, 09:13 PM
CME

"Ms Louise Clayton" wrote in message
Hi
I just joined the group and wondered are there any singles from Australia?
I live in NSW Australia with teenage kids.
Like to learn more about life for singles in other countries as well.
Chloe

Welcome to the group. I know a single mother in Melbourne I believe, she's
not in this group... but I should introduce it to her... geez what was I
thinking, and why haven't I done it sooner? lol

Christine

Old August 20th 04, 03:31 PM
NIC

"CME" wrote in message

"Ms Louise Clayton" wrote in message
Hi
I just joined the group and wondered are there any singles from

Australia?
I live in NSW Australia with teenage kids.
Like to learn more about life for singles in other countries as well.
Chloe

Welcome to the group. I know a single mother in Melbourne I believe,

she's
not in this group... but I should introduce it to her... geez what was I
thinking, and why haven't I done it sooner? lol

Christine

That would be me

Hey there all. Single mother to Thomas (7 months) & Full Time carer to my
Father who suffers from multiple sclerosis.

Know of any more aussie posters?

Old August 21st 04, 02:31 AM
lm

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:31:18 +1000, "NIC" .. wrote:

"CME" wrote in message

"Ms Louise Clayton" wrote in message
Hi
I just joined the group and wondered are there any singles from

Australia?
I live in NSW Australia with teenage kids.
Like to learn more about life for singles in other countries as well.
Chloe

Welcome to the group. I know a single mother in Melbourne I believe,

she's
not in this group... but I should introduce it to her... geez what was I
thinking, and why haven't I done it sooner? lol

Christine

That would be me

Hey there all. Single mother to Thomas (7 months) & Full Time carer to my
Father who suffers from multiple sclerosis.

Know of any more aussie posters?

Hullo nic, and welcome. I'm a former single parent, happily married
now to an aussie who came to the u.s. to be with my boys and me. Boys
are 10 and 8. That's a lot of caring you're doing for others -- I hope
you're finding enough time to care for yourself a bit too.

lm

Old August 21st 04, 03:09 PM
NIC

"CME" wrote in message

[...]

Good for you lm! It's so nice to hear that there are men out there
willing to take on the whole package!!

I'm sure Christine will let you all know that I do indeed take time out for
myself. With a few online games we tend to terrorize together and a few
forum/message boards we seem to have a great liking to spam (go girl flame
on!!). Aside from my release here on the pc, I do occasionally get to spend
a day to myself... Hairdresser, Catch up on chores (i'm a clean freak, yes
it's a novelty for me to do this), SLEEEEEEEEEEEEP!.

As for the level of caring I do..... Wouldn't you? My daddy is my daddy and
my son is my life..... What more can I say?

Old August 22nd 04, 06:22 AM
CME

"NIC" .. wrote in message
om.au...

"CME" wrote in message

[...]

You and I are alot alike Nic (I had to consciously type that and not EQ.
lol) Anyways, we tend to give and give until we wear ourselves out. I am
actually thinking of hitting a spa in the next week, I've never been. Yeah
yeah I'm deprived. lol But I've been on a bit of a shopping spree this
week, got some extra money on the go so I bought a new down duvet, a hair
straightner, lingerie etc (I'm trying to pretty up for next month. lol)

Christine

Old August 17th 04, 10:08 PM
denanson

"Ms Louise Clayton" wrote in message

Hi
I just joined the group and wondered are there any singles from Australia?
I live in NSW Australia with teenage kids.
Like to learn more about life for singles in other countries as well.
Chloe

Greetings from Ireland
Dennis

Old August 23rd 04, 01:46 AM
Ms Louise Clayton

Hi Dennis
What part of Ireland are you in?
Thanks for the words of greeting.
How many kids do you have?
What is it like to be a single parent in Ireland?
Are there lots of services available or not?
I look forward to hearing about your single parent life and what life is
like for you.
I live in a rural inland community of 600, but I have never seen more than
10 people on any given day.
I am originally from the city.
I find life tiring as I live with my 3 teenage kids but have no parents or
siblings so no one other than social workers to share my problems and ideas
with.
Be interesting to get feed back from parents overseas.
Louise

Old August 27th 04, 06:32 PM
denanson

"Ms Louise Clayton" wrote in message

Hi Dennis

Hi Louise!

What part of Ireland are you in?

The middle

Thanks for the words of greeting.

My pleasure

How many kids do you have?

Three

What is it like to be a single parent in Ireland?

Same as anywhere else

Are there lots of services available or not?

none

I look forward to hearing about your single parent life and what life is
like for you.

Watch this space

I live in a rural inland community of 600, but I have never seen more than
10 people on any given day.

About half that in my village

I am originally from the city.

Don't like cities much

I find life tiring as I live with my 3 teenage kids but have no parents or
siblings so no one other than social workers to share my problems and

ideas
with.

Social workers would be the last people on earth I would share a problem
with.
They tend to blow them upout of all proportion as a way of justifying their
existence.

Be interesting to get feed back from parents overseas.

Watch this space some more.

Dennis

Old September 4th 04, 05:16 PM
Sid

"Ms Louise Clayton" wrote in message
Hi
I just joined the group and wondered are there any singles from Australia?
I live in NSW Australia with teenage kids.
Like to learn more about life for singles in other countries as well.
Chloe

Hi, i just found this group as well. I have recently become a single parent,
my wife passed away 6 weeks ago from cancer barstard of a disease. We
have been offered help by councellors from the kids high school but so far i
don't think we have needed it. The kids, 2 girls and a boy, 13, 12 and 10
are doing really well, better than me i think. I draw most of my strength
from them.
It's going to be very different bringing up teenage kids as a single parent
i'd imagine but it seems looking around this group that plenty of people do
it.
Sid.