Wedding ahhaha not mine, just to clarify.

Old July 15th 04, 05:16 PM
Lisa

Default Wedding ahhaha not mine, just to clarify.

"lm" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:56:22 -0400, "P.Fritz"
wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:33:38 -0400, "P. Fritz"
wrote:

It is not a good lesson for kids either. WRT to intact

families......it
is obvious that kids do better in them, they learn from the

interaction
of
adults, and adults need and do better with adult

companionship........that
fact that my daughter has missed out on 'that' part of learning is
depressing to me.

I wonder if the lessons we leared watching our parents (if they stayed
married) were the best lessons. Maybe not knowing, and being open to
finding out what makes a good marriage, is better than having an
example that just looks right but in which neither partner is truely
happy?

'Kate

I wouldn't know......my parents were married 52 years when my dad died,

and
the first thing my mom said, when realixing he has dead was......."What

am I
going to do....he was my whole life"

That's very sweet.

lm

Isn't it
Bless her.

Lisa

Old July 15th 04, 05:19 PM
Lisa

"CME" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

snip

I found myself feeling similar not just at weddings, but amusement

parks,
and other outings where there were lots of 'intact' families

Yeah no kidding. I got choked up when all my uncles took my sons across

the
street to teach them to ride their bikes. They've been petrified to do

it,
well still are but we're working on at least TRYING. Anyways, I was so
upset to see all the men in the family rally together to teach them. Man
it's been a rough year for me and having no man around, I don't know why

it
makes me so sad lately. Bleh

Christine

Summer time is tough when you're single. People are outside more, and it's
right there in front of you.

I recall one spring,,,,several years ago.....driving along and everywhere I
looked. couples. blech. Pigeons were on top of each other, cows were
getting it, lol..............even farm animals were beginning to **** me
off.

Lisa

Old July 18th 04, 01:56 PM

"CME" wrote in message
I danced with one of my sons at my cousin's wedding on Sat night. I got
pretty choked up considering he's 8 and a half and well it's the first time
I've ever danced with the lil man. Geez they're growing up too fast.

On another note though, I find weddings so damn depressing, everyone around
me is happy for the new couple, and here I am, thinking about myself and how
I'm alone. Sorry to vent but it felt awful and I had to drag myself there
knowing I'd feel that way for a couple hours. Bleh.

Christine

The right one will come along when you least expect it.
I am still waiting too Christine...lol...
but hopeful.
HUGS,

Old July 20th 04, 02:40 AM
CME

"Lisa" wrote in message
. ..

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:56:22 -0400, "P.Fritz"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Indeed. Can you imagine being someone's whole life? I feel like that
would be a tremendous weight to shoulder even if one is perfectly
willing to fill that role.

I found that to be a positive thing between two happily married people.

suppose these days people aren't as prone to make another such a big

part
of
their lives.

Which brings me to another question....or series of questions (who
knows?)

What is a good marriage? Is there such a thing as being too
dependent? How much of ones' self is individually defined?

'Kate

It is all based on the self. You may not be happy being dependent on

another
in to many ways while another female might just LOVE it! I don't think

there
is a specific way to gauge happiness. I think only you or I or him or

her
can say what makes them happy. We are all different.

My parents were each other's best friend. It was not uncommon to see them
holding hands while walking along. Yes, dad was completely lost after Mom
died. A good marriage is the most important part of a good life. I will

be
the first to admit that I have not been married before because there truly
hasn't been anyone that could share that I could share the same calibre of
relationship.......until now that is.

Lisa

Yeah I agree. I hope one day I meet a man that loves me no matter what, and
just makes me so happy to be with him. I look at my parents marriage
sometimes and shake my head, I remember as a kid wondering why the hell they
even stayed together. Now I see they're best friends, lovers (ack get that
image out of my head) and they also fight but they are meant for eachother.
So I'm a lil more hopeful for myself as I grow older, because I'm starting
to know what I want and want I definitely do not want. I'm actually glad I
didn't get married 4 years ago, it just wasn't time.

Christine

Old July 20th 04, 02:47 AM
CME

"Lisa" wrote in message
. ..

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

[...]

LMAO Yep, it's kinda how I feel. But I just started dating this remarkable
man, and it has promise, it's an odd feeling to think that so soon, but we
both communicate so well with eachother that I can't NOT see it working.
Who knows, maybe the sex will suck, I dunno yet. If that's the case though
I'll just have to train him well. lol

Christine