Hooray for T!!!!! Good News!!! Shameless brag!!!!

Old April 22nd 04, 01:18 AM
Cele

Default Hooray for T!!!!! Good News!!! Shameless brag!!!!

Oh, you guys, I'm just...beside myself with delight. I'm just so
darned happy.

I mentioned yesterday that T had had the misfortune to hear some
pretty unprofessional remarks that hurt her, by a teacher. Well, this
morning, I left a message for the teacher to call back and I also
talked with the counsellor. T is waitlisted for a residential
intensive treatment programme at the Children's Hospital, to help her
with the eating disorder. It's optional and she's choosing to do it.
So we don't know when she'll get in, but it's going to be close to the
end of the school year in one direction or another, so I needed to
fill the counsellors in on that and on the fall, and how we'd liaise
with the school until she's back home. So while we were doing that, I
of course asked how she was doing.....

At home, she's generally sad and angry. So I sure didn't have my hopes
up. But of course, at home they give you what they can't dump anywhere
else.

So. She's.....she's passing everything. She has ***eighty one
percent*** in English. My dyslexic daughter, who's studying Macbeth,
has EIGHTY ONE PERCENT!!!! I flippin' near died. Made him double
check. When I told her, she was sure it had to be some other kid with
her name.

Then we reviewed her behaviour marks. There are four. She got three
"goods" and a "satisfactory."

Holy cow.

Then he said there were no problems with her, and he admires her for
facing her problems with strength, and that of course the school will
liaise with the hospital, and whenever she gets in, there should be no
problem at this late stage with her getting through her courses.

So I'm just....stunned.

And then, the teacher with the mike calls back. He's a keener, and he
immediately launched into how Thad heard him make some very
unprofessional remarks over the mike, and that he regretted it very
much, and as soon as he'd finished teaching the class he'd gone
straight to his principal and told him what had happened and said he'd
"definitely crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed," and apologised.
Then he told me he'd actually been talking about a completely
different situation than what T thought, and that the concern in fact
is that there are several girls, whom he very appropriately didn't
identify, but T's not one of them, who are behaving very rudely and
very badly in class, and are quite resistant to strategies to address
this, and he's frustrated because he has four kids who are in Learning
Assistance (of whom T is one) in there whose "opportunity to learn is
suffering because of these girls." But the parents of several of these
kids (there are six of the kids, it seems) are on the PAC and
powerful, and think their darlings can do no wrong, so he's having a
hard time. Anyway, it turned out he'd already called T and apologised
and explained that what she'd understood was different from what his
concerns were, and both of them were now fine, which T later
confirmed. So I then went into professional mode and pretty much did a
little consultation on this problem, and I think he's going to take my
main suggestion to heart which will definitely help the problem. But
THEN, he said, in discussing how T's doing, that she's a "model
student" and earing her marks and doing well.

A "model student". My girl, who last year, they couldn't tell me often
enough what a pain and a problem she was, and who, once they saw a
real trauma rage, they figured just *had* to be on drugs because,
well, yeah, that's pretty much what trauma rage looks like to the
uninitiated....

My girl is a model student, with 81% in English.

She's got her problems, but she's on 'em. And she's gonna make it. She
really is.

Hooray!!!!!

Cele

Old April 22nd 04, 02:03 AM
Tiffany

"Cele" wrote in message
Oh, you guys, I'm just...beside myself with delight. I'm just so
darned happy.

Awesome! Good news around here is always a nice relief!

Old April 22nd 04, 05:00 AM
Cele

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:51:54 -0500, 'Kate wrote:

My girl is a model student, with 81% in English.

She's got her problems, but she's on 'em. And she's gonna make it. She
really is.

Hooray!!!!!

Cele

Wow.. that's awesome. You guys have come so far in such a short time.
Congratulations to T on her wonderful grade! That's a major
accomplishment. I hope she continues to build on her success.

'Kate

Thanks, Kate, my friend. :-)

She will, 'cause she's really, really DETERMINED.

Take care.

Cele
Old April 22nd 04, 05:04 AM
Cele

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:03:56 -0400, "Tiffany"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
Oh, you guys, I'm just...beside myself with delight. I'm just so
darned happy.

Awesome! Good news around here is always a nice relief!

Around here, too. ;-) Thanks.

Cele
Old April 22nd 04, 10:29 AM
Joelle

Glad things are looking better.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old April 22nd 04, 03:01 PM
Cele

On 22 Apr 2004 09:29:27 GMT, oaway (Joelle) wrote:

Glad things are looking better.

Thanks. :-)

Cele
Old April 22nd 04, 05:32 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Cele" wrote in message

snip

My girl is a model student, with 81% in English.

She's got her problems, but she's on 'em. And she's gonna make it. She
really is.

Excellent news, something else I'm very glad to be reading in here.

Hooray!!!!!

At least. :-))

Old April 23rd 04, 05:12 AM
Cele

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:32:41 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .

snip

My girl is a model student, with 81% in English.

She's got her problems, but she's on 'em. And she's gonna make it. She
really is.

Excellent news, something else I'm very glad to be reading in here.

Hooray!!!!!

At least. :-))

Thanks! :-)

Cele
Old April 29th 04, 06:36 AM

"Cele" wrote in message
Oh, you guys, I'm just...beside myself with delight. I'm just so
darned happy.

ssnip

She's got her problems, but she's on 'em. And she's gonna make it. She
really is.

Hooray!!!!!

Cele

Cele, it is so good!