Hi all!

Old May 7th 04, 02:22 PM
lm

Default Hi all!

On Fri, 07 May 2004 13:18:33 GMT, "Heywood Floyd"
wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 07 May 2004 12:38:03 GMT, "Heywood Floyd"
wrote:

"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"Heywood Floyd" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"Tiffany" wrote in message

Remote island, eh? Welcome to the group. When can we have our

annual
newsgroup gathering on your island? lol

It'd give me a reason to get the boat all spruced up too.

If you could make it out the inlet and into the ocean you'd have to

be a
genius. Even the USCG runs aground.

Ah.

This area is known as "The Graveyard of the Atlantic".

Hmm...

Are we getting any closer to identifying where it is yet, People? ;-)

35*55'N 75*40'W

We're still here, despite Hurricane Isabel!!!

Well, I was going to say SC but Isabel hit farther north so I'd say
you're in Prince of Tides country somewhere.

Roanoke Island; halfway twixt Va Beach, Va and Cape Hatteras NC. This
area in known as "The Outer Banks". Kitty Hawk is just up the road.

That's not REMOTE! Sheesh, me mum has a timeshare in Kitty Hawk. We
used to vacation in Duck. It took me two years to save enough money to
pay for hang gliding lessons when I was 12. Used to see Godspell in
Manteo.

lm, who's now much farther north and happy to be away from the beach
Old May 7th 04, 04:14 PM
Paul Griffiths

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Fri, 07 May 2004 13:18:33 GMT, "Heywood Floyd"

Roanoke Island; halfway twixt Va Beach, Va and Cape Hatteras NC. This
area in known as "The Outer Banks". Kitty Hawk is just up the road.

Pretty area. I was stationed at Ft. Useless for a short time and had
the opportunity to roam the area.

What's it *really* called?

--
Paul Griffiths

Old May 7th 04, 05:13 PM
Tiffany

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Remote island, eh? Welcome to the group. When can we have our

annual
newsgroup gathering on your island? lol

It'd give me a reason to get the boat all spruced up too.

If you could make it out the inlet and into the ocean you'd have to

be a
genius. Even the USCG runs aground.

Ah.

This area is known as "The Graveyard of the Atlantic".

Hmm...

Are we getting any closer to identifying where it is yet, People?

;-)

35*55'N 75*40'W

We're still here, despite Hurricane Isabel!!!

Well, I was going to say SC but Isabel hit farther north so I'd say
you're in Prince of Tides country somewhere.

Roanoke Island; halfway twixt Va Beach, Va and Cape Hatteras NC. This
area in known as "The Outer Banks". Kitty Hawk is just up the road.

Oh hell, that isn't to far from me. I thought you were way South, like
Bahamas or something. I know tons of people who vacation there. I prefer
farther South but that is me. We do go to Cherokee NC, it is so pretty there
in the mountains.

Old May 7th 04, 05:29 PM
P.Fritz

"Tiffany" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah....that is not nearly far enough south for me :-)

Old May 7th 04, 05:49 PM
Heywood Floyd

"Tiffany" wrote
Roanoke Island; halfway twixt Va Beach, Va and Cape Hatteras NC.

This
area in known as "The Outer Banks". Kitty Hawk is just up the road.

Oh hell, that isn't to far from me. I thought you were way South, like
Bahamas or something. I know tons of people who vacation there. I prefer
farther South but that is me. We do go to Cherokee NC, it is so pretty

there
in the mountains.

To me, this is like the Dark Side of the Moon; I'm from New Orleans, a
city of over two million. In ten minutes I can drive to the mainland and be
surrounded by bears, wolves, foxes and alligators. A five minute drive and
it's whales, porpoises, and sharks. I'm used to 250 square miles of houses,
all lined up eight feet apart. And the price of things! EGAD! A tiny little
house like you could buy back home for $80,000 is about $300,000 here and
going up every day.

Old May 7th 04, 05:50 PM
Heywood Floyd

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Fri, 7 May 2004 16:14:26 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
'Kate wrote in message

On Fri, 07 May 2004 13:18:33 GMT, "Heywood Floyd"

Roanoke Island; halfway twixt Va Beach, Va and Cape Hatteras NC.

This
area in known as "The Outer Banks". Kitty Hawk is just up the road.

Pretty area. I was stationed at Ft. Useless for a short time and had
the opportunity to roam the area.

What's it *really* called?

Ya know... I'm not entirely certain. Ft. Eustis comes to mind though.
I only spent 6 months there a LOoooong time ago.

That sounds right. I think that is near Virginia Beach or Norfolk, 100
miles north of here.

Old May 7th 04, 05:54 PM
Heywood Floyd

"P.Fritz" wrote
Yeah....that is not nearly far enough south for me :-)

I ain't goin nowhere if they don't speak English, and I spent 22 years
sweating from every pore 11 months out of the year in Louisiana, so sweat is
something I've had enough of......
Besides, I don't like crowds of strangers. I was involved in a fair
amount of violence growing up and I still like to sit in a corner where I
can keep an eye on what's going on w/o worrying about my backside.
Bob
--
"Revenge is so popular because, while it is
sweet, it is not fattening." - Alfred Hitchcock

Old May 7th 04, 06:01 PM
P.Fritz

"Heywood Floyd" wrote in message
k.net...

"P.Fritz" wrote
Yeah....that is not nearly far enough south for me :-)

I ain't goin nowhere if they don't speak English,

I feel sorry for you that you are that narrow minded. The world and its
people are a wonderful place to experience.

Old May 7th 04, 06:03 PM
Lisa

"Heywood Floyd" wrote in message
.net...

"Tiffany" wrote
[...]

Geography certainly plays a factor in resale, as does demand. I've driven
from Canada down to Virginia Beach a few times, I love playing the gaudy
tourist. And the flora!!! I suffer from zone envy. And by the way, you
southerners do so speak a different language LOL

Lisa

Old May 8th 04, 03:01 AM
Heywood Floyd

"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"Heywood Floyd" wrote in message
k.net...

"P.Fritz" wrote
Yeah....that is not nearly far enough south for me :-)

I ain't goin nowhere if they don't speak English,

I feel sorry for you that you are that narrow minded. The world and its
people are a wonderful place to experience.

I have no problem with travelling to other places, but I am not about to
be =forced= to rely on =my= tiny bits of Spanish, French, German, Latin!, or
Greek. Many lovely places feature a large number of English speakers.
Personally, I'd love to see Iceland and Peru.....
and I spent 22 years
sweating from every pore 11 months out of the year in Louisiana, so

sweat
is
something I've had enough of......
Besides, I don't like crowds of strangers. I was involved in a fair
amount of violence growing up and I still like to sit in a corner where

can keep an eye on what's going on w/o worrying about my backside.
Bob

Also, I am a big pale Anglo-American; I can not disguise myself as an
Arab or native of whatever country I'm in (well maybe England!) and with the
situation with the Islamic militants around the world, and the fact that =I=
can handle =myself= in a fight, but I =can't= protect three little kids
makes certain things unadvisable. Maybe I'm paranoid; the 70's were good to
me. eg
For now, I'm just happy living in an area where 400,000 tourists come
every week for vacation, it is very nice here.... Also, I'm humming Linda
Rondstadt, "Anything you want, we got it right here in the USA!" Heck, I've
never been west of the Rockies, or to Canada.