Hi all!

Old May 9th 04, 03:30 AM
Heywood Floyd

Default Hi all!

"V" wrote in message

"Heywood Floyd" wrote in message
news
"Joelle" wrote in message
I ain't goin nowhere if they don't speak English

Oh dear, I suppose that rules Jesus out....

Uh, He speaks English. I talk to Him daily. One Day we can talk
together......
I also have a Greek NT to study in the original language. It is

helpful
to learn Greek to know if you are being preached the Word or someone's

idea
of it.....
Bob

::disoriented look::
I think she was referring to the original language of the son of God.
=)
I think submersion into an environment is the best way to learn anything.

like to be thrown to the wolves myself.
I have no idea what this thread is about, but saw Joelle's comment and had

laugh at what a wit she can be.

Submersion is good; I'm already forgetting the Spanish I used when I
worked last year. German too. I doubt Christ will experience any language
problems!

Old May 9th 04, 01:55 PM
Tiffany

"Heywood Floyd" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Joelle" wrote in message
Please forgive me for not measuring up to your standards

Nobody said anything about standards, we made an observation about how

you
are
being perceived based on your posting. This is a support group for

parents,
we aren't used to hearing about how you notice every pretty girl that

passes
your way.

based on what
very little I have written. It must be easy to be so judgemental of

someone
you know so little about.

On a ng, you get judged by what you post. That's how it works.

Understood.
I generally assume that any given ng is full of people who are fun and
friendly

You should never make assumptions. (I just know Paul has something to

say
about
that : P ) It's full of people period. Some are fun. Some are your

idea
of
fun and friendly, some are someone else's idea of fun and friendly. One

thing
this ng is - painfully honest. It takes some getting used to but I find

that
much more helpful than the hand holding some peope call support.

I went through the cancer support group when she (and my mom) were
dying. I lost both of them in 20 months. It has been a nightmare.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm having doubts

Stick around and get a feel for the place.

No problema, senorita.
Or maybe Paul is right, I am paranoid?! You tell me?

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean we aren't out to get you.

Hee-hee! I just watched the Matrix! eg I'm running for the nearest
phone booth!
find out how old a kid has to be before they get the "sex talk",

5

My 7 yr old daughter was sexually assaulted by a 69 yr old family

member
2 yrs back, so it's a touchy subject. They are learning with breeding

their
pets; they have guinea pigs. I assume my 12 year old knows about
intercourse, not so sure about the 10 yr old. =I= didn't find out the

actual
mechanics of the thing til I was 12. Read it in the Readers Digest Home
Medical Encyclopedia. They made it sound like the most boring thing ever
invented...... LOL!!!

If the 7 yer old was assaulted then you REALLY need to be talking to her.
Actually, professional help might be best. You have no idea what she is
going through, unless you have been through it. I hope that breeding pets
isn't what you consider sex ed. It is right to assume ALL your kids know
about sex in some degree, the question is what do they know is right or
wrong? There is alot of misinformation out there and if they learn about sex
from someone else, they might think if they have sex upside down, they won't
get pregnant. You may have not found out about it until 12 but kids much
younger then that are already doing it.

how late
they can go ou

My then 13 year old daughter's friends came looking for her at 9 pm last

summer
and sent them home with a lecture that they ought to be home. Obviously

their
parents had a different idea than I did.

What I find here is that so many parents work so hard to be able to
afford to live here, that I'm the only parent some of these kids see! If I
forgot to say, I am retired. These kids are running wild at all hours;
bonfires on the beach, wild drunken parties with 12 yr old girls getting
raped by 19 yr olds...... My kids want to know why they can't do what

their
friends do and I hate to tell them that it is because I care about what
happens to my kids, while the other parents apparently don't!

You are not the other parents, why say they don't care. Not a Christian
thing to say. Maybe they think their kid is at a sleep over at so and so's
house. Kids are very sneaky and some parents way to trusting. That doesn't
mean they don't care. It might mean they are dumb though.

when they get their own
phone

I bought another cell phone because my daughter went to a skating

competion
without me - when she calls it "her" phone I correct her "this is the

phone I'm
letting you use"

My oldest boy used to be a video game freak to the exclusion of all
else. I told him I'd destroy the machine if he didn't behave. He called my
bluff; I said "I bought it, and I can blow it up." I tossed it out into

the
yard and shot it with my Beretta .380

Again, you and this gun thing. What the hell?

He learned that it was =my= machine. This batch of kids, from my late
wife, they're not like he was. They're good kids but we've all been

through
hell......
hat kind of chores they do

I'm a bad one to ask about that, as you may have read

Nope. I didn't get the bit about Jesus and speaking English, though.
what allowance they have

$20 a month.

I give my kids $1 a week for each grade they're in; ie, the 6th grader
gets $6.
what do you
tell them about drugs,

We make jokes about the stupid DARE program at school. A month ago they

had an
anti drug assembly with a corny wrangler show. "Oh good," I told my

kids,
"NOw
that you've seen the wrangling, I KNOW you will never touch drugs"

LOL!!! I told them I used to do drugs a lot and that if they ever

wanted
to know anything about them, to ask me first. =One= thing my children know
is that I have =never= lied to them. Tonight while watching the Matrix, my
son asked me what the guy was talking about when he mentioned mescaline. I
just told him it was the same as acid, and a big waste of time.

Acid is not a waste of time, far from it. Kids find it very interesting. I
know I did. Not that I will tell my kid that, instead I will tell her what
can physically happen from doing drugs. I don't know..... after she has seen
what drugs did to her Dad, she might be less prone to do them. Maybe. I just
don't think its as simple as telling a kid.... its a waste of time. Again,
they are going to hear stories, those stories will be intriguing. They need
to know the dangers of these drugs.

When my wife died, it ended our Ozzie and Harriet existence. I was

the
hard-working breadwinner who came home to a house presided over by a

loving
wife who had things under control

Yea, I know, I was the breadwinner and my husband kept the house

running.
felt pretty helpless at first. I had to buy a new broom because I had

no
idea
where he kept it.

I've done the same! I have a two year supply of toilet paper! My house
is fairly big and where she stuffed some things is still a mystery to me.
Tonight I found her stash of crayons for the kids; 500 crayons.
All I ask is for some =SUPPORT

Have you checked the FAQ as to how we define support?

I wasn't aware there was one. I just got here. Got a link? or post it,
please?!

It is posted once a month...... it is there for the looking.

Old May 10th 04, 08:16 PM

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Well probably not, but his original language was not english...
I think that was the point. Yes, submersion rules!