Got my first prediction of gender from a stranger

Old March 2nd 04, 10:49 PM
Irene

Default Got my first prediction of gender from a stranger

According to the woman at the bagel place, I'm having a boy. Her
hypothesis is based on looking like I'm carrying a basketball, rather
than getting big all over. I am carrying about the same as I did with
Thomas, so who knows...

It's been an annoying day - so I need to post about something
completely trivial! ;-)

Irene
mom to Thomas 7/01
& Marcus or Gwendolyn EDD 4/10/04
Old March 3rd 04, 08:03 PM
Elitsirk

(Irene) wrote in message . com...
According to the woman at the bagel place, I'm having a boy. Her
hypothesis is based on looking like I'm carrying a basketball, rather
than getting big all over. I am carrying about the same as I did with
Thomas, so who knows...

It's been an annoying day - so I need to post about something
completely trivial! ;-)

Irene
mom to Thomas 7/01
& Marcus or Gwendolyn EDD 4/10/04

One of my sisters is convinced I'm having a girl. Of course, I'm only
11 weeks now, and she hasn't actually seen me in person since the
conception. Then again, all of my sisters made comments about buying
dresses for the baby, with an afterthought of "Oh, I guess it could be
a boy, too"--I'm one of 5 sisters and no brothers, so we just
automatically think of babies as girls...

Another friend made a completely arbitrary statement that he thought I
was having a boy. He then suggested that our friends start a poll,
with better odds going against whatever the doctor says we're going to
have. In other words, when we find out (or try to--if the baby
cooperates when we have the chance, we want to know), they they should
bet against what the doctor said. We have some amusing friends....

So far, I seem to refer to the baby as "he", but I don't think that
means anything at all. Probably more a reflection of the fact that
chocolate doesn't sit well with me right now...

Trivial is good
Old March 3rd 04, 08:07 PM
Sophie

"Irene" wrote in message
om...
According to the woman at the bagel place, I'm having a boy. Her
hypothesis is based on looking like I'm carrying a basketball, rather
than getting big all over. I am carrying about the same as I did with
Thomas, so who knows...

It's been an annoying day - so I need to post about something
completely trivial! ;-)

Irene
mom to Thomas 7/01
& Marcus or Gwendolyn EDD 4/10/04

People haven't been guessing for me yet cos I just look chubby I think
the few people who have said "girl" only say it cos *they* think it would be
neat for me to have 2 of each - lol.

Be glad they're saying boy, that's a compliment. If people say girl it
means you look like crap. I got that with Charlotte all the time. And
actually with Lewis. I had an ugly boy pregnancy with him.

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Old March 5th 04, 05:16 PM
Nikki

"Irene"

According to the woman at the bagel place, I'm having a boy. Her
hypothesis is based on looking like I'm carrying a basketball, rather
than getting big all over.

I was big with Hunter and really big with Luke. We knew with Luke so there
was no guessing but Hunter was a surprise. I think people mostly guessed
boy. I was pretty far along before I looked pregnant enough to guess. I
wasn't basketball shaped though, more like a blimp in there ;-)

Sophie wrote:

Be glad they're saying boy, that's a compliment. If people say girl
it means you look like crap.

I've never heard that but it is pretty scary if it is true. I looked like
hell during both my pregnancies...looking even worse would not be good, lol.
--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old March 6th 04, 03:08 AM
Chotii

"melbgal1" wrote in message
t...

Although I will be surprised if I see a doodle...

"Doodle"?

Is that what people are calling them, now?

--angela

When did daycares become "schools"? P. Tierney General 267 November 13th 04 04:13 PM
gender performance online Daisy General 1 May 30th 04 03:35 AM
Old Wives Tales on Baby's Gender... Jill Pregnancy 8 November 25th 03 08:37 PM
Chinese Calendar predicting gender? Jill Pregnancy 15 October 9th 03 09:43 AM
Are chinese gender charts accurate? Karen P General 4 September 2nd 03 01:10 AM