DCSE and Credit Reporting Issues.

Old May 11th 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default DCSE and Credit Reporting Issues.

I pulled my credit report the other day and noticed that Virginia's
DCSE reports only the outstanding balance I "owe" to DCSE...they don't
report what the original arrearage was, nor do they report my monthly
payments.

Anyone know if federal law requires a creditor to accurately report
entries that they put into your credit report?

Old May 11th 07, 07:51 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

wrote in message
ups.com...
I pulled my credit report the other day and noticed that Virginia's
DCSE reports only the outstanding balance I "owe" to DCSE...they don't
report what the original arrearage was, nor do they report my monthly
payments.

Anyone know if federal law requires a creditor to accurately report
entries that they put into your credit report?

See the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

It is surprising to hear your CS payments are not shown on the credit
report. Usually credit reports have a section covering public records like
bankruptcies, foreclosures, and money judgments.

I had the reverse problem - The CS file was established in one county and
then was transferred to a second county for enforcement. That caused
duplicate CS money judgments to appear on my credit report - Once for each
county where money judgments had been recorded. Until Full Satisfactions
were filed in both counties, my credit report showed a doubled up CS
obligation amount which was easy enough to explain.

credit fix Child Support 1 April 19th 05 06:19 PM
Need help with credit reporting issue rederived Child Support 2 April 9th 05 06:22 AM
Pay your CS via credit card The Dave© Child Support 3 November 13th 04 05:53 AM
We delete Bad Credit Steven R. General 1 July 27th 04 12:59 AM
Child tax credit Tamara Single Parents 21 November 22nd 03 12:51 AM