and where are you from?..

Old March 14th 04, 10:14 PM
Welches

Default and where are you from?..

melizabeth wrote in message
"Tatjana Farkin" wrote in message
Germany, with plans to relocate to England in 2005.

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for close to 3 years

Are you with the military? I was in Germany and moved to the UK last

July.

I'm slightly amused that US are writing states etc. (most of which I don't
recognise!) But you're just writing Germany (or UK, but Germany's bigger)
I'm Surrey, UK. Just to confuse those who don't know counties! Where are you
stationed? (I'm assuming you're military)
Debbie

Old March 14th 04, 10:15 PM
Iuil

Default Request for US members

"A&G&K" wrote

I'm puzzled by all the abbreviations too.
I wonder if anybody other than the Aussies or Kiwis would know where I was
if I said I was in FNQ, ... or Qld, or NSW, or Vic for that matter
Amanda

I know Qld (Queensland), NSW (New South Wales) and Vic (Victoria). I also
know ACT, NT, WA, SA and Tas but FNQ has me totally stumped!

Jean

Old March 14th 04, 10:31 PM
hr

Thank you for saying it!!!!!! Not everyone on the net is from the USA,
but you can always tell an American... they assume that you are American
too and know what they are talking about.

just my 2 cents

Old March 14th 04, 11:26 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Leanne wrote:
The post about european posters got me thinking.

Where are you all from??

Washington, DC (USA) metro area.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 14th 04, 11:33 PM
naffi

"Leanne" wrote in message
The post about european posters got me thinking.

Where are you all from??

I'm from Alice Springs, Australia.

Next??

Leanne
edd: 23rd April 2004

country Victoria, Australia

naffi

Old March 15th 04, 12:16 AM
little one

fl=florida usa...
sorry guys, having never been out of the states it is hard to type usa
and remember that there are lots fo people here who do not know our
states.

melanie

Old March 15th 04, 12:27 AM
Daye

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:15:21 -0000, "Iuil" wrote:

I know Qld (Queensland), NSW (New South Wales) and Vic (Victoria). I also
know ACT, NT, WA, SA and Tas but FNQ has me totally stumped!

FNQ = Far North Queensland

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
Old March 15th 04, 12:27 AM
Daye

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:31:32 -0700, hr wrote:

but you can always tell an American... they assume that you are American
too and know what they are talking about.

What an offensive stereotype. I am an American, and I always spell
out state names, and I know that not everyone on the 'net is from the
US.

I may not always be able to tell an American, but I do know a jerk
when I read one.

Old March 15th 04, 12:36 AM
Leanne

Thank you for saying it!!!!!! Not everyone on the net is from the USA,
but you can always tell an American... they assume that you are American
too and know what they are talking about.

just my 2 cents

I think that comment is rather out of line, while they may forget sometimes
that people dont know what the states abbreviations mean, doesnt mean they
think everyone if from the US... I'm from Aus and I could work out which
states they were talking about... even the ones in canada

Old March 15th 04, 01:25 AM
Auntie Bubbles

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
link.net...
Small world, eh? I spent many weekends in Novato at the Renaissance

Faire,
dressed as a wench, working for beer money. Ahhh, those carefree days of

my
"yout."

I went to that Renaissance Faire several times! It must have been fun to be
a wench! It was in a cool place amongst the scrub oak and in the hills as I
recall, right? Ahh, the good old days....
Alexis