Paranoid new mom question #4521 - now sleeping too much?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 27th 06, 01:14 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default Paranoid new mom question #4521 - now sleeping too much?

We'll get this all worked out soon.

Since Sunday, DD has been feeding like a maniac. Yesterday she slept 2
1hr stretches, and a few 10-15 minute naps throughout the day.
Otherwise, she was feeding. Plenty of wet diapers and poops were either
green or yellow - equal # of both.

She fed last night at 10, then again at 12, then basically slept til
6am. I know a long stretch is ok, but this was 6 hours! now, she did
wake about 2, but wasn't interested in nursing. I nursed her anyway and
she managed 5 mins before pursing her lips and konking out. The 6am
nursing was kind of the same, but I managed to wake her more and get
another 10 mins out of her (i had pumped a bit due to engorgement, so
hopefully what she got was already hindmilk). and she's sleeping again.

I shouldn't complain (altho it's not like *I* got uninterupted 6 hrs
sleep, my breasts see to that!), but am now worried it's too much.
Could it be she just got so little sleep yesterday she's making up for
it now? She had one wet (but not soaking) diaper and one poopy diaper
since midnight.

Toddler sleeping question Mommy Mommy Pregnancy 2 January 9th 06 08:17 PM
Eigth Strike?....was.....Someone else Flunks The Question...was.... Four lives lost, though one is still living. Kane Spanking 3 July 24th 04 06:14 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Foster Parents 16 December 7th 03 04:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM