MKP Due Date Calendar - 04/12/04

Old April 12th 04, 07:04 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Default MKP Due Date Calendar - 04/12/04

Say "Hello" to:

Isabella Zora born February 12, 2004 to proud mama Brigitte
Grace Batya born February 23, 2004 to proud mama Naomi
Russell born February 24, 2004 to proud mama Carolyn
DD born February 26, 2004 to proud mama Sheila

Scheherazade born (& died) March 2, 2004 to proud mama Emily
Gareth born March 9, 2004 to proud mama Tina
DS born March 11, 2004 to proud mama Taulmaril
Chase born March 12, 2004 to proud mama Christina
Lily Parker born March 13, 2004 to proud mama Jen
Andrew Franklin born March 15, 2004 to proud mama Henrietta
Owen Muhannad born March 17, 2004 to proud mama Michelle
little girl B born March 18, 2004 to proud mama Jennifer
Chloe Gabriella born March 20, 2004 to proud mama Randi
Mia Caroline born March 21, 2004 to proud mama Cara
Alexandra born March 22, 2004 to proud mama Nicky
Morgan born March 24, 2004 to proud mama Carol Ann
DD2 born March 31, 2004 to proud mama Nan
Ashley Lynn born March 31, 2004 to proud mama Kandie

Gwendolyn Beatrice born April 8, 2004 to proud mama Irene
Annicka Ceceil born April 9, 2004 to proud mama Kerry
Logan Scott born April 9, 2004 to proud mama Shena

Future Mamas (and Papas):

March 17, 2004 Lindsay NOW OVERDUE!!!!
March 23, 2004 April NOW OVERDUE!!!!
March 24, 2004 Niki expecting a boy NOW OVERDUE!!!!
March 25, 2004 Sue Ellen NOW OVERDUE!!!!
March 27, 2004 Jyotsna NOW OVERDUE!!!!
March 30, 2004 Shannon NOW OVERDUE!!!!
March 30, 2004 Carola expecting a girl NOW OVERDUE!!!!
March 31, 2004 Elys NOW OVERDUE!!!!
April 2004 Elaine NOW OVERDUE!!!!
April 1, 2004 MRC403 NOW OVERDUE!!!!
April 3, 2004 Deidre NOW OVERDUE!!!!
April 4, 2004 pcb NOW OVERDUE!!!!
April 5, 2004 Joanna expecting a girl NOW OVERDUE!!!!
April 10, 2004 melbgal1 NOW OVERDUE!!!!

April 16, 2004 Hannah
April 21, 2004 Alexis
April 23, 2004 Leanne expecting a boy
April 24, 2004 Karen
April 28, 2004 Maggie
April 28, 2004 Ang

May 6, 2004 Vidya
May 13, 2004 Nancy
May 14, 2004 Carla expecting a boy
May 15, 2004 Angela expecting a boy
May 17, 2004 Camille expecting a boy
May 17, 2004 Jill expecting a girl
May 20, 2004 Gina
May 21, 2004 Christine expecting a girl
May 22, 2004 Liz
May 31, 2004 Cali

June 2004 Honey
June 2004 Di
June 3, 2004 Sandi
June 5, 2004 AnneMarie
June 8, 2004 Holly
June 14, 2004 Kristi expecting a boy
June 14, 2004 Susie
June 15, 2004 Alissa expecting a boy
June 21, 2004 Clare
June 25, 2004 Jenn

July 2004 Denise
July 1, 2004 Elizabeth expecting a boy
July 1, 2004 Jody
July 4, 2004 Sunshine
July 11, 2004 Amy expecting a girl
July 11, 2004 Simone expecting a boy
July 18, 2004 Sophie
July 24, 2004 Mary W.
July 26, 2004 Donna
July 27, 2004 Melissa expecting a boy
July 29, 2004 Threnody
July 31, 2004 Mona

August 6, 2004 Cherie expecting a girl
August 7, 2004 Kim expecting a boy
August 9, 2004 Chan
August 14, 2004 Crystal Dreamer expecting twin boys
August 19, 2004 Amanda
August 24, 2004 Heather
August 24, 2004 Vicki Bilaniuk
August 26, 2004 Jess
August 30, 2004 Carol

September 4, 2004 Vicki S
September 8, 2004 Susan M.
September 8, 2004 Zannah
September 12, 2004 ted
September 20, 2004 Elit
September 28, 2004 Andrea
September 29, 2004 Robin T.

October 1, 2004 Mary S.
October 17, 2004 Tori
October 21, 2004 Amber
October 24, 2004 JennP
October 24, 2004 Heather

November 20, 2004 Sunshine
November 26, 2004 Meagan

December 2004 Cathy
December 2004 JennL
December 1, 2004 Wendy J.

Please email me with any changes or additions.

Drop the obvious Spam blocker of GoAwayWorm.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/isabellazora/

~ Harriet Martineau

Old April 13th 04, 02:14 AM
Auntie Bubbles

AAACCCKK!! Only 9 days left!

Alexis

Old April 13th 04, 04:45 AM
Larry McMahan

Auntie Bubbles writes:
: AAACCCKK!! Only 9 days left!

: Alexis

Think three more weeks!

Larry
Old April 13th 04, 05:09 AM
Karen

Yikes - suddenly, I'm in that first group of people after all the
OVERDUE notices!!! When did that happen?!

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 3/4 and someone due in 12-26 days, as per Larry's
advice!-

Old April 13th 04, 05:39 AM
Auntie Bubbles

"Larry McMahan" wrote in message
Auntie Bubbles writes:
: AAACCCKK!! Only 9 days left!

: Alexis

Think three more weeks!

Larry

I'm emotionally and physically prepared for that, Larry, but I don't know
what my O/B will have to say, as he is concerned about how large this baby
is.
I'll know more on Thursday. DH and I will work together on him about this,
as we both want to avoid induction, but damn, this baby is BIG!
cheers,
Alexis

Old April 13th 04, 01:38 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Auntie Bubbles wrote:

I'm emotionally and physically prepared for that, Larry, but I don't know
what my O/B will have to say, as he is concerned about how large this baby
is.
I'll know more on Thursday. DH and I will work together on him about this,
as we both want to avoid induction, but damn, this baby is BIG!
cheers,

But you know that there's no medical evidence to
support induction for suspected large baby, right? There
are, however, studies that show you're more likely to
end up with a c-section if your doctor *thinks* the baby
is large when matched against a set of controls with
babies of exactly the same size whose caregivers did
*not* know/think the baby was large. In other words, as
soon as they think your baby is big, it affects every
decision, and glasses start to be half empty rather than
half full, and those decisions tend to be based on
self-fulfilling prophecies.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old April 13th 04, 04:32 PM
Auntie Bubbles

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Auntie Bubbles wrote:

[...]

I DO know this, Ericka, thanks to you and Henci Goer. I just don't know how
to tell my Dr. this or if he'll listen or not. I have very little
experience with doctors. Another problem is that I have met him only twice
during this pregnancy. When I ask his staff nurse about his policies, she
doesn't really know how to answer me. She just sort of gives me a blank
look. She is not used to mothers questioning policies.
I have told him at one of our two very brief visits that I wish to avoid
induction, and he just mentioned nipple stimulation. I will grab a better
hold of him at this next visit. I'm already doing pretty well at avoiding
the U/S that they want me to have this week (it's tied up in bureaucratic
red tape, and I'm not doing anything about it).
What do you know about family history and large babies? I was 10 lbs 10 oz,
and my mother delivered me vaginally, and she was only 5'5", and I'm 5'9".
Any suggestions on how to deal with him on Thursday if he advocates
induction? Should I just ask him to let me go an extra week and see how
things are going? I have been having the weekly NST's, which are normal as
far as the office staff indicates.
Thanks for your help, Erika
Cheers,
Alexis

Old April 13th 04, 04:41 PM
Karen

At my appointment last week with the OB (37+ weeks), he asked me to
remind him how big ds had been at birth.

"8 lb 15 oz."
"Did we have any trouble getting him out? Shoulders or anything?"
"No."
"Well, this baby isn't small..."

And that is the first and probably last conversation we'll have about size!

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 3/4 and someone who isn't going to be small due
4/24/04-

Old April 13th 04, 05:59 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Auntie Bubbles wrote:

I DO know this, Ericka, thanks to you and Henci Goer.

Sorry if I offended--I sometimes forget who's
planning what, and while I know you'd been aroudn for
a while, I couldn't remember what your position was on
the issue ;-)

I just don't know how
to tell my Dr. this or if he'll listen or not.

I hear ya--that's the hardest part.

I have very little
experience with doctors. Another problem is that I have met him only twice
during this pregnancy. When I ask his staff nurse about his policies, she
doesn't really know how to answer me. She just sort of gives me a blank
look. She is not used to mothers questioning policies.
I have told him at one of our two very brief visits that I wish to avoid
induction, and he just mentioned nipple stimulation. I will grab a better
hold of him at this next visit. I'm already doing pretty well at avoiding
the U/S that they want me to have this week (it's tied up in bureaucratic
red tape, and I'm not doing anything about it).
What do you know about family history and large babies? I was 10 lbs 10 oz,
and my mother delivered me vaginally, and she was only 5'5", and I'm 5'9".

I really believe that it's not all that common for
women to grow babies bigger than they can birth, particularly
if they retain their mobility during labor and stay more
upright and stay off their butts while pushing. It's no
guarantee, of course, but I think the odds are very much
in your favor. I think having a family history of successful
large births can only help, though it also is no guarantee.

Any suggestions on how to deal with him on Thursday if he advocates
induction? Should I just ask him to let me go an extra week and see how
things are going? I have been having the weekly NST's, which are normal as
far as the office staff indicates.

First things first, just ask. It's surprising how
often you get what you want just by asking. The next step
is to play dumb and just keep asking, "Why?" E.g., "Why
do you think I should be induced? What do you think will
go wrong if I don't? How often does that happen? What
are the risks of induction? Do the risks of not inducing
change much between now and a week from now? Exactly how
much, would you say?" Just keep going on like that as
if you had no idea the notion was controversial or that
you were asking potentially touchy questions ;-) If they
stonewall you, just say something like, "Hmm...would it
be possible for you to check that out and get back to me
on the details? Or could you tell me where I could look
it up?" If it comes down to you putting your foot down,
you can just say, "Thanks for all the information. Based
on what you've said, at this point I feel more comfortable
waiting a bit longer before inducing. I understand that
has some risks, but I am more comfortable with those risks
than with the risks of induction at this point."

Good luck,
Ericka