Two things...

Old August 22nd 03, 08:53 PM
Shunaari

Default Two things...

I know what you are all saying is right about my mother taking over
and trying to be the MUM for my son.

Well, this is what happened.... He hadnt pooed for 24 hours and I was
getting VERY worried. I didnt want to take him to the doctor as I knew
she would tell me off for giving him the banana. Anyway, I gave him
lots of water to drink and most of today he was constatnly crying and
I knew he was constipating. He wouldnt take the breast and that
worried me the most as my son loves breast milk.

Just about an hour ago, he pooed alot! That made me really happy. I
did give my mother a good old telling off about feeding him solids and
NO WAY am I going to let anyone do that to my son ever again! But one
thing that looks strange is that his poo looks yellowey brown, with
black/dark green stringy bits in it. What are these stringy bits? Do
you think they are the banana remains?
Old August 22nd 03, 08:56 PM
H Schinske

But one
thing that looks strange is that his poo looks yellowey brown, with
black/dark green stringy bits in it. What are these stringy bits? Do
you think they are the banana remains?

Yes, it's just like those little thready bits you see in banana bread.

--Helen
Old August 22nd 03, 11:01 PM
Jenn

In article , Shunaari
writes

Just about an hour ago, he pooed alot! That made me really happy. I
did give my mother a good old telling off about feeding him solids and
NO WAY am I going to let anyone do that to my son ever again! But one
thing that looks strange is that his poo looks yellowey brown, with
black/dark green stringy bits in it. What are these stringy bits? Do
you think they are the banana remains?

Almost certainly - think about how a banana goes if left unpeeled for a
while, do the bits look like that?

Banana often caused this sort of trouble for both my boys (once they
were old enough for solids that is), so I stopped giving them it.

Tell your mum EXACTLY what happened, and next time she pushed you,
remind both her and yourself what happened this time and how you felt!
--
Jenn
UK
Old August 23rd 03, 02:57 AM
A&G&K

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message

snip

This whole thread is bringing up really nasty stuff for me.
My mom is like this.
The only way I managed to get her NOT to slip DS some solids was by

letting HER
be the first to feed him.
When I was still holding him off wheat, eggs, dairy,e tc, she was bloody

awful.
Confronting me over meals when I refused to offer him something, grilling

me
about DS's dad's family (I'm a single mom) history of allergies. Acted

like I
was doing it to be difficult or different. I never fully trust her not to

do
something I have specifically asked her NOT to do when I leave DS with

her.
This whole issue stopped me moving near them for family support and

childcare.

Even now she's told other people that my sister just walks in and feeds DS
whatver she wants, whether I agree or not, which is SO not true...my

sister has
been fabulous about respecting what I've asked her to avoid.

And when one day, after she had told me when to nurse, what to offer,

where to
put him to sleep, on and on, and I said "you know, sometimes it's hard to

tell
who this baby belongs to" and she said, with considerable venom "he

belongs to
ALL of us"......brrrrr. creepy, now that I think about it.

It's really awful. And any time I confront her, she just turns the blame

to me
mistreating her, and misinterpreting that she just wants to help. I've

never
seen her in such clarity as I have this year. I don't like what I see,

quite
often. It's upsetting.

Dawn :'-(

I can see why you are upset - how awful. It must be sad knowing that you
cannot leave your DS with your Mum in case she deliberately defies you and
feeds him something you don't want her to. Good thing you seem like such a
strong person to stand up for yourself and your DS.
Amanda

Old August 23rd 03, 03:02 AM
A&G&K

"Nikki" wrote in message news:3f452d59_4@newsfeed...
Shunaari wrote:
[...]

I'm glad he feels better. Solids do strange things to poo. Just so you
know it is not uncommon for breaastfed babies to go 5 days or so without a
bowel movement. Your daughter is reaching an age where she may stop going
every day. Also, breastmilk sort of works like a laxative so water

probably
isn't necessary and at 2 months old the water might displace to much
breastmilk and that could make her feel hungry even though her stomach was
just filled with water. However, it doesn't sound like you'll have to

worry
about it again for another 4 months when you start solids ;-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

I agree with Nikki - don't worry too much about the poo (you'll see plenty
of truly strange-looking ones when your DS starts solids). Keep offering
the breast as too much water might displace the breast milk.
I would remind your Mum of this experience if she ever tries this on you
again.
Cheers
Amanda

Old August 24th 03, 11:27 AM
Shunaari

I dont give him water at all - just gave it to him because he was
constipating. I wont give him anything else until he is about 4-5
months.

Another thing that drives me round the bend is when my son is asleep
or is falling asleep - someone goes and decised to wake him up!
AARRGGHH! This morning my mother did that to him and I told her not to
do it. She got in a right old huff and puff, got up and left the room
and I knew she was crying. She told me off and lectured me that she
raised more kids than me etc etc etc. I felt like packing my bags and
leaving her house. Why do people do that? I know they are being nice,
but there is a tme and a moment for being nice to babies.
Old September 1st 03, 05:59 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Shunaari wrote:

*AARRGGHH! This morning my mother did that to him and I told her not to
*do it. She got in a right old huff and puff, got up and left the room
*and I knew she was crying. She told me off and lectured me that she
*raised more kids than me etc etc etc. I felt like packing my bags and
*leaving her house.

ding ding ding.
I think you have the solution!
Do you have somewhere else to go??