Micronor and supply?

Old September 3rd 03, 05:18 AM
Laurie

Default Micronor and supply?

I know they say that micronor doesn't decrease supply, but has anyone had a
different experience? About a week or two after I started it, when my son
was 10 weeks old, I did notice a little change; I had been dealing with
major overactive letdown, which tapered off. I know that can taper off
around then anyway, so I figured it was just that. But now, at 4.5 months,
I don't get as much when I pump as I used too; I could get 5 or 6 oz in 5
minutes before, now I get about 4 oz in 10 minutes, I don;'t continue to
pump after that because nothing else comes out. Is this an issue?
Christopher is growing and happy, is 16 lbs 10 oz (9 lbs 6 oz at birth) so
I'm not worried that he's not getting enough, but is there anything I should
do to ensure that he continues to get enough? Is it normal to get *less*
during pumping as time goes on? Could it be related to the micronor, or is
it likely coincidence?

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

Old September 3rd 03, 02:33 PM
iphigenia

Laurie wrote:
But now, at 4.5 months, I don't get as much when I pump as I
used too; I could get 5 or 6 oz in 5 minutes before, now I get about
4 oz in 10 minutes, I don;'t continue to pump after that because
nothing else comes out.

I'd actually expect this to be related to production coming fully under
autocrine control. You're at the right time for it.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old September 3rd 03, 08:26 PM
Nikki

Laurie wrote:

But now, at 4.5 months, I don't get as much when I pump as I
used too; I could get 5 or 6 oz in 5 minutes before, now I get about
4 oz in 10 minutes, I don;'t continue to pump after that because
nothing else comes out. Is this an issue? Christopher is growing and
happy, is 16 lbs 10 oz (9 lbs 6 oz at birth) so I'm not worried that
he's not getting enough, but is there anything I should do to ensure
that he continues to get enough? Is it normal to get *less* during
pumping as time goes on?

Yes it can be normal. This happened with Luke and I. My pump output
started going slowly down at 4 months and his bottle intake went slowly up.
There was never an issue for him nursing directly. He always had enough
there and I never had to supplement when we were together. The only issue
for us was that when my freezer stock dissappeared at 6 months I had to
start supplementing with formula. I chose this. I could have pumped on the
weekend, middle of the night, morning before work, etc. or not allow him as
much milk during the day and added more solids or juice or something but I
didn't want to do any of those things so went with the formula. I have no
experience with micronor - sorry.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old September 4th 03, 04:01 PM
Irrational Number

Laurie wrote:
I know they say that micronor doesn't decrease supply, but has anyone had a
different experience? About a week or two after I started it, when my son
was 10 weeks old, I did notice a little change; I had been dealing with
major overactive letdown, which tapered off. I know that can taper off
around then anyway, so I figured it was just that. But now, at 4.5 months,
I don't get as much when I pump as I used too; [...]

I started Micronor at 6 weeks and it's now 11 weeks
and I haven't noticed a difference...

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE