I'm finally back!

Old December 4th 03, 05:19 AM
laurie

Default I'm finally back!

After a month of being offline, being homeless and unbeliveably stressed for a
few weeks, and finally settling into our new home, I'm finally back online,
with a brand new computer, new name, the works. Everyone is doing
great..........we're settling into life in the country. The first few weeks
were VERY hard, Jessica had a tough time with the transition because of the
craziness of having to share a house with 4 other people for 2 weeks. She's
doing great now, though, and loves our new house. She loves all the extra
room, and loves the mountains in our backyard. Christopher is also doing great,
he now has 4 teeth, is getting really big, is as cute as can be, and has become
EXTREMELY attached to me in the time that I've been home; He basically has
become used to me being around all the time and we had the family bed thing
going for a few weeks out of necessity, which was just fine with him. (I do
cosleep with him a lot of the time anyway, but now it's more like most of the
time . I started my new job, which is interesting, it's a 25 bed hospital
and not exactly what I'm used to; but it's nice, and clean, and boy, do I put
in a lot of IV's! Hubby starts his job next week, and then I go to nights,
which is going to suck. But it's the plan for now.

So, just wanted to drop a quick update and let you all know I'm back! I've
missed this place!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 7.5 months
Old December 4th 03, 06:31 AM
cara

laurie wrote:

[...]

Yay, welcome back!! I was wondering how things were going. Glad to hear you are
settled in and getting used to the new place, it sounds quite nice. How is the
transition to a new town/place going for you? Are you regretting the decision at
all, or pleased with how its going?

cara

Old December 4th 03, 07:01 AM
Herself

laurie wrote:

So, just wanted to drop a quick update and let you all know I'm back! I've
missed this place!

Glad that everyone is settling in nicely. Enjoy the fresh air :-).
--
'Tis Herself
Old December 4th 03, 12:38 PM
Sue

Hi Laurie,

I'm so glad things have worked out for you and your family. I have been
thinking about you and hoping you were all right. Good luck with the new
job. I never liked midnights, but had to sometimes out of neccessity. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 4th 03, 01:50 PM
laurie

Yay, welcome back!! I was wondering how things were going. Glad to hear you
are
settled in and getting used to the new place, it sounds quite nice. How is
the
transition to a new town/place going for you? Are you regretting the
decision at
all, or pleased with how its going

cara

You know, it's really too soon to say. There have been a few moments where I've
been kind of bummed about the distance to shopping, but that I'll get used to.
The things that bug me the most are silly; no pizza delivery, no water delivery
(like poland springs, sounds dumb but i just loved having a water cooler), the
local satellite channels get New York news instead of Boston or NH news, and we
can't get all the Patriots games because of it! That is a major hardship .
The other thing that I'm honestly not quite sure if I'll get used to is my job;
I love excitement at work, and this place is pretty dull. Though when the sh*t
hits the fan, you're the one in charge, so that's kind of exciting........but
other times there's just nothing to do. But, I knew that going into it, I'm
either going to have to deal with it or have a long commute to work, we'll see
how it goes. We do love our house, though, and the area we're in. The people
are really friendly, and the mountains all around us are SO unbelievably
beautiful. It really is God's country up here.

I think it's going to take some time to settle it, but I think we're going to
like it! My husband already does, I do too but it's more of an adjustment for
me.

THanks for asking cara!

Old December 4th 03, 01:51 PM
laurie

Glad that everyone is settling in nicely. Enjoy the fresh air :-).
--
'Tis Herself

Yes, it is quite fresh up here! We have 3 inches of snow this morning, LOL.

Old December 4th 03, 01:52 PM
laurie

I'm so glad things have worked out for you and your family. I have been
thinking about you and hoping you were all right. Good luck with the new
job. I never liked midnights, but had to sometimes out of neccessity. )

ue (mom to three girls)

Thanks Sue,

They only do 12 hour shifts around here (which are actually really common
elsewhere too, due to short staffing and stuff) and I'm a 3-11 kind of girl.
Unfortunately it's not an option though, and so now I have to do 7pm to 7am.
It's only 2 days a week though, so I'll survive, I think; it's CHristopher I'm
worried about. He still eats at night, and is really dependent on me. We'll see
how it goes next week!

Old December 4th 03, 02:20 PM
JennP

"laurie" wrote in message
After a month of being offline, being homeless and unbeliveably stressed

for a
few weeks, and finally settling into our new home, I'm finally back

online,
with a brand new computer, new name, the works.

I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad to hear you are settled
in. A *month*!!! Any snow up there yet?

Glad to hear everything is settling in finally. You will need to give me the
snow reports for snowmobiling. Dh is going to Pittsburgh, NH this winter for
a long weekend.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old December 4th 03, 02:53 PM
enigma

ospam (laurie) wrote in
:

Yay, welcome back!! I was wondering how things were going.
Glad to hear you are
settled in and getting used to the new place, it sounds
quite nice. How is the
transition to a new town/place going for you? Are you
regretting the decision at
all, or pleased with how its going

cara

You know, it's really too soon to say. There have been a
few moments where I've been kind of bummed about the
distance to shopping, but that I'll get used to. The things
that bug me the most are silly; no pizza delivery, no water
delivery (like poland springs, sounds dumb but i just loved
having a water cooler), the local satellite channels get
New York news instead of Boston or NH news, and we can't
get all the Patriots games because of it! That is a major
hardship .

you *really* aren't missing anything if you can't get the NH
stations. channel 9 & 56 both are, um, less than stellar...
somewhat like TV versions of the Union Leader (which, in all
fairness, i have to say has improved slightly since Nackey
Loeb died)
if you have a well, remember to get it tested annually & get
the mercury & MbTE tests included (those cost around $100
extra, but you need to know if the kids drink the water). both
my wells have trace MbTE now, from the Shell station that was
built last year...
as for the water cooler, Home Depot sells 5 gallon jugs of
water (the Concord store sells Belmont Springs, but it may
vary by store). i have 3 jugs i rotate through, so we pick up
water every 3-4 weeks. not as nice as having delivery, but...
oh, welcome to NH.
lee south of you a bit)
Old December 4th 03, 06:20 PM
JennP

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..

you *really* aren't missing anything if you can't get the NH
stations. channel 9 & 56 both are, um, less than stellar...

Channel 9 has some of the most bizzare news I swear.

We get NECN for somewhat local news and that's on the most basic cable.
--
JennP. (Newfound lake summers)

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply