pt 3, why I snagged the bag

Old August 13th 05, 02:23 AM
SuperEeyore

Default pt 3, why I snagged the bag

Okay, where I left off yesterday… I just have to make it clear that
this is where my inner evil cranky foul mouthed thoughts took over my
mind when things or people started to annoy me. For the most part I
was in my own little space zoning on the labor when the contractions
came and went. My family pretty much swirled round me here and there
but for the most part stayed in the background. Juliet was holding
strong despite it now going past 1 am without sleep.

The fifteen minutes of walking were wonderful. Good solid contractions
with me ranting and rambling to my peanut gallery who walked with me.
I felt Someone New shoving down lower in my pelvis with even better
position. Contractions while walking and off the monitors were coming
every two to three minutes. It did trigger my blood pressure and pulse
to go up a bit, but for crying out loud, so do the thoughts of being
strapped into the bed from hell again just to have Someone New turn
away from the monitor.

Before walking I was 3 and a half to 4 cm dilated, after I went back
Dr. Coolbeans checked me and I was 4 cm. And this is where I deviated
from my original birth plans. Basically, Dr. Coolbeans mentions how I
am in labor but at a snail’s pace. She couldn’t see admitting me at
that point because she would want to augment labor with pitocin, iv,
breaking the bag of waters, and she recognized that I didn’t want to
go there. She said because it was me, she would let me go because I
knew my body and would know when to come back, blah blah blah.

She was awesome with this conversation, btw. There was no pushing
opinions, just good balanced information for full disclosure. So don’t
go hating on her for my change of mind. I was having good strong
contractions just spread out when stuck in bed, and crazy fast hard
contractions when on my feet. I *knew* that this was the night for
Someone New, and I wasn’t willing to play is she or isn’t she in
bleeping labor anymore. I wanted my own room to labor in, and I wanted
to just move forward with a positive experience. So I asked Dr.
Coolbeans if we would skip the pitocin, the iv and just go for
breaking the waters because it had worked in Juliet’s birth. Dr.
Coolbeans requested I reconsider the iv, but we negotiated that to
just a badly placed heplock that didn’t work when it was needed later.
=oP

It took about an hour told to switch rooms and have the waters broken.
Dr. Coolbeans nicknamed it “snagging the bag” and I had a lot of
fluid. (I was also now 5 cm dilated because of the walk changing
rooms) Then it was requested I stay on the monitor in bed or a little
bit longer to help someone new descend a bit more. I think I lasted
three contractions or maybe four of the super powerful gads get me off
this damn bed type before I demanded Dh to go find out how much longer
of this sillyness.

to be continued... (potty break, transtion and chaos)
--
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02
Old August 13th 05, 11:43 AM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , SuperEeyore
writes
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02
and Serafina 8-9-05

Holy cow!! It just hit me - are you Magicpointeshoe? Crikey, Usenet's
a small world!

Sorry - that was way off the point, wasn't it? _Loving_ the birth story
and thought your summary was brilliant. Just was temporarily distracted
from it by reading the list of your children's names and thinking "Hey,
that looks familiar....."

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.blogspot.com

Old August 14th 05, 06:24 PM
SuperEeyore

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:43:09 +0100, Sarah Vaughan
wrote:

In message , SuperEeyore
writes
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02
and Serafina 8-9-05

Holy cow!! It just hit me - are you Magicpointeshoe? Crikey, Usenet's
a small world!

Yeppers. I wanted a slightly different name on livejournal. ;o)

Sorry - that was way off the point, wasn't it? _Loving_ the birth story
and thought your summary was brilliant. Just was temporarily distracted
from it by reading the list of your children's names and thinking "Hey,
that looks familiar....."

Awww, thanks.

Laurel

All the best,

Sarah

--
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02
Old August 15th 05, 04:33 PM

wrote:

In message , SuperEeyore
writes
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02
and Serafina 8-9-05

Holy cow!! It just hit me - are you Magicpointeshoe? Crikey, Usenet's
a small world!

Yeppers. I wanted a slightly different name on livejournal. ;o)

Blimey! I've seen your name mentioned lots of times on Dawn's journal,
and I followed her link to your story about Bj's birth and adoption.
Awesome story! Never realised until now that you were posting here
under this name.

Congratulations again on the birth of your daughter!

All the best,

Sarah