Keeping military recruiters away from your children in high school

Old October 17th 06, 05:26 PM posted to misc.kids
Rhonda

Default Keeping military recruiters away from your children in high school

If you think you are risking your life for me, don't. I don't want you
to, I don't care if you do, and if you want to do ME a favor, take that
****ing dickhead president (and I use that term loosely) of YOURS out
of the whitehouse - the who has done MORE to erode my rights in his
last years of service than ANY other dictator, country, governement or
"enemy" has, in the last 100 years..

Assholes - every single one of you.

-L.

One question for you.....why do you live in America??
You obviously don't like the way you are living here. Whether you like
it or not, our troops ARE risking their lives for you and everyone else
in the U.S.. Quit being selfish and self centered. If you don't agree
with the military, than don't join. Just as you have stated your
opinion (and since we live in America, we can do that!!) others have
their own opinions. It just looks like can voice our opinion without
having to back it up with **** every chance we get. Is that your
intimidation to get us all to believe what you say...because you use
"adult" language? Not a good choice. Definately doesn't make you sound
very smart.

Rhonda

Old October 17th 06, 06:43 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Jeff wrote:

For a lot of poor people, the military offers a chance to get out of the
ghetto.

That's right. Bush and his cronies have no problem sending poor, black
kids to do their dirty work for them.

We *should* have a minimum age for the military. It should be 45. How about
an income limit? You can only be in the military if you are over 45 and
make/have a boat load of money. How many more creative solutions to these
crisis would we be coming up with then do you think?

In addition, the military offers some a chance to go to college who
normally wouldn't get to go to college.

...if they don't come back in a body bag.

And the military can offer some
people structure.

For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly,
the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

Especially if you value free thinking, creativity and your life...

-L.

Well to be fair, many people who go into the military are hedging their bets
that perhaps we can stay out of trouble long enough to get them through
college.

Old October 17th 06, 11:39 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"Catherine Woodgold" wrote in message
"Jeff" ) writes:
For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly,
the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

For each and every person who goes into the
military, their act of going
into the military is not "good" from the point of view
of some people, for example those being killed or to
be killed in the future by that same military.
(whichever country you're in.)

The military does wonderful things, like help keep the peace in kosovo and
afghanistan, keep the North Koreans out of South Korea (we have never signed
a peace treaty with North Korea), rescue people lost at sea, help people at
times of need, like after flooding, protect US embassies around the world,
and keep people feeling safe at Pennsylvania Station in Midtown, NYC.

The military is a necessary evil and does some good things. And lots of bad
things.

Jeff

Old October 17th 06, 11:42 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"deja.blues" wrote in message
newss3Zg.950$cQ5.60@trndny06...

"-L." wrote in message
ps.com...

deja.blues wrote:

For each person going into military service for their country, there
are
many more that did not choose to serve, or shirked duty when they were
drafted. Those people's rights and freedom are protected by those that

chose
to serve,

Oh give me a ****ing break. Is this all you military automatons have

Dude, no one in my family has served in the military since the Civil War.

My father and two uncles were in the Army during WWII (one uncle got a
purple heart after he was KIA), one uncle was in the Korean War, one uncle
was on active duty in the reserves for 20 years (got a great pension, too),
one cousin was in the Army and Navy medical corps as a physician and one
cousin was in the Marines. Of course, most of my family was not in the
military. None now are interested in joining.

Jeff

Old October 17th 06, 11:45 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Jeff wrote:

For a lot of poor people, the military offers a chance to get out of the
ghetto.

That's right. Bush and his cronies have no problem sending poor, black
kids to do their dirty work for them.

It's not just poor black people who join the military. Many middle class
white people join and some immigrants (not even US citizens) join. However,
there is a higher percentage of black people in the military than there is
in the general population.

In addition, the military offers some a chance to go to college who
normally wouldn't get to go to college.

...if they don't come back in a body bag.

And poor black people in the ghetto never end up in body bags.

And the military can offer some
people structure.

For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly,
the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

Especially if you value free thinking, creativity and your life...

Actually, a lot of people learn free thinking, creativity and living life
more fully in the military.

jeff

-L.

Old October 17th 06, 11:58 PM posted to misc.kids
BarbL

deja.blues wrote:
"stonej" wrote in message
ps.com...
I found out that you have to renew the "do not contact" form every year
and they will still
send your kid junk mail anyway.

I was perturbed at first when we started getting mail from the various
branches of the military, but it doesn't bother me now. If you don't
respond, they leave you alone, and the service *is* a viable choice for many
young people.

I think they just send them out. We thought it was pretty
funny when other branches of the military kept trying to
contact our daughter long after she was already gone in the
Navy.

This could be a YMMV thing, though, as I know she took an
aptitude test that included the military, and they were
impressed with her scores. She knowingly gave them
permission to try to snag her, along with the colleges that
she gave permission to.

Barb L - proud Navy Mom (and proud mom to 2 others, also)
Old October 18th 06, 12:01 AM posted to misc.kids
BarbL

Catherine Woodgold wrote:
"Jeff" ) writes:
For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly, the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

For each and every person who goes into the
military, their act of going
into the military is not "good" from the point of view
of some people, for example those being killed or to
be killed in the future by that same military.
(whichever country you're in.)

That's just plain obnoxious. People join the military for
various reasons. You might not agree with them, but you have
no place to define how "good" it is for anyone other than
yourself. Your example is very ignorant and narrow-minded.

BarbL - proud Navy Mom (and proud mom to 2 others)
Old October 18th 06, 12:09 AM posted to misc.kids
BarbL

-L. wrote:
Jeff wrote:
For a lot of poor people, the military offers a chance to get out of the
ghetto.

That's right. Bush and his cronies have no problem sending poor, black
kids to do their dirty work for them.

We have a total volunteer military. There is no draft.
Nobody is being sent to do the dirty work.

In addition, the military offers some a chance to go to college who
normally wouldn't get to go to college.

....if they don't come back in a body bag.

Hmm, and that's statistically unlikely to happen. In fact,
if you look at the numbers, in total we have lost less
military members that we lost in some previous wars. So,
this kind of reasoning is only a scare tactic used by the
ignorant (usually the Bush-bashers. Hmm)

And the military can offer some
people structure.

For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly, the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

Especially if you value free thinking, creativity and your life...

Wow, another ignorant statement. Obviously you've had no
contact with any military members.

Drop the propaganda, and pay attention.

BarbL - proud Navy Mom (and proud mom to 2 others)
Old October 18th 06, 02:06 AM posted to misc.kids
Catherine Woodgold

BarbL ) writes:
Catherine Woodgold wrote:
"Jeff" ) writes:
For a lot of people, the military is a good career choice. I some family
members who had an excellent experience in the military. But, certainly, the
military isn't the right choice for everyone.

For each and every person who goes into the
military, their act of going
into the military is not "good" from the point of view
of some people, for example those being killed or to
be killed in the future by that same military.
(whichever country you're in.)

That's just plain obnoxious. People join the military for
various reasons. You might not agree with them, but you have
no place to define how "good" it is for anyone other than
yourself. Your example is very ignorant and narrow-minded.

BarbL - proud Navy Mom (and proud mom to 2 others)

I think it's pretty obvious that if someone is actually
killed, it isn't "good"from their point of view.

We don need no steenkin' CPS. 0:-> Spanking 223 July 19th 06 07:32 AM
A test Mark Probert Kids Health 0 January 13th 06 03:51 PM
Parent-Child Negotiations Nathan A. Barclay Spanking 623 January 28th 05 04:24 AM
Trying to understand - some personal issues based on experience Stuart Magpie Spanking 4 August 4th 04 11:15 AM