Introduction - and a question

Old November 29th 03, 02:12 AM
Cathy

Default Introduction - and a question

Hi everyone, I just thought I would introduce myself. I am Cathy, mother
to an adorable nearly-month-old daughter, and I am starting to get seriously
clucky again! So I think we are officially going to TTC again! Last time
was easy - check mucous, try for 2 months - et voila! As yet though I
haven't got AF back - which until now I thought was a bonus!! I am still
breastfeeding, and DD isn't sleeping through, though she is going anywhere
between 6 and 9 hours without a feed at night (between 2 and 5 am). So the
question is, can I ovulate without having AF?

Cathy

Old November 29th 03, 02:25 AM
Mary

Cathy wrote:
Hi everyone, I just thought I would introduce myself. I am Cathy, mother
to an adorable nearly-month-old daughter, and I am starting to get seriously
clucky again! So I think we are officially going to TTC again! Last time
was easy - check mucous, try for 2 months - et voila! As yet though I
haven't got AF back - which until now I thought was a bonus!! I am still
breastfeeding, and DD isn't sleeping through, though she is going anywhere
between 6 and 9 hours without a feed at night (between 2 and 5 am). So the
question is, can I ovulate without having AF?

Yep, you can, although *most* women do get AF before they ovulate again
for the first time. At a month old, and since your daughter is already
sleeping "though the night" (the medical definition of sleeping through
the night is 5 hours, so you've hit it), it's probably a question of
your body not being recovered and ready to ovulate yet.

You'll get AF back when your body is ready; keep nursing, get lots of
sleep, and don't feel too rushed. It takes time to build up your body's
iron and calcium stores back up, probably several months. And its also
important for your baby to have time to be the baby for a little while,
and she deserves her full share of nursing (the baby you have is more
important than the baby you don't).

I really wanted back-to-back children and believe me, I understand the
cluckiness, but you'll get pregnant again when your body and your baby
are ready; no sense pushing it, and even less sense worrying about it
and missing out on the babyhood that's under your nose. You're so lucky
that you have this time now, to cherish your sweet newborn and enoy
motherhood with every bone in your body. Especially the 1-6 months
period, it's a stage you'll never have again, being able to spend this
much time snuggling your infant without other toddlers or preschoolers
needing attention at the same time.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin

Old November 29th 03, 03:52 AM
Cathy

Cathy wrote:
Hi everyone, I just thought I would introduce myself. I am Cathy,
mother to an adorable nearly-month-old daughter, and I am starting to
get seriously clucky again!

Yikes - I missed a vital eleven out! My daughter is nearly 11 months old.
Damn, I should learn to proof read!

Cathy

Old November 29th 03, 03:58 AM
Cathy

Mary wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Hi everyone, I just thought I would introduce myself. I am Cathy,
mother to an adorable nearly-month-old daughter, and I am starting
to get seriously clucky again!

Bugger - that should have read nearly-eleven-month old!

[...]

Thanks for the advice, but as you can see, I made a vital error in my
initial message! I couldn't imagine wanting another baby at 1 month!
Crikey, I was still in major sleep deprivation mode!

For now, we are enjoying our darling daughter - but as I suspect it will
take me a while to get pregnant this time around, we may as well start!

And Mary, I saw the photos you posted of the Sproutkin a while back - she
is just the cutest! I lurked here when i was preg. with no.1, and remember
you from then, and also from mkbf.

Cathy

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin

Old November 29th 03, 09:33 AM
Lucy

"Cathy" wrote in message
So the
question is, can I ovulate without having AF?

Well...since ovulation occurs aprox. 2 weeks *before* af, yes, you could
ovulate without having a period first. From what I have read that isn't all
that common. Usually, (but NOT always) the first af you get (after bf,
weaning etc...), is annovulatory...like a "warning" period.
HTH

Old November 29th 03, 09:39 PM
Daye

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:12:07 +1300, "Cathy"
wrote:

Hi everyone, I just thought I would introduce myself. I am Cathy, mother
to an adorable nearly-month-old daughter, and I am starting to get seriously
clucky again! So I think we are officially going to TTC again!

Welcome and good luck!

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old November 29th 03, 09:47 PM
Daye

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:58:22 +1300, "Cathy"
wrote:

Bugger - that should have read nearly-eleven-month old!

I started trying for #2 when my #1 was only 6 months old. I will have
#2 when #1 is 2.5. It took me 18 months to conceive, and now, I am
glad that it did.

I wish you only the best with TTC.

Old November 29th 03, 10:18 PM
Vicki S

#2 when #1 is 2.5. It took me 18 months to conceive, and now, I am
glad that it did.

DS was 9 months old when we ditched birth control but his sister is
(also) 2.5 years younger. It is turning out to be a very fine age
difference, imo. I hope you find it to be so as well.

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995
Old November 30th 03, 02:18 AM
Cathy

#2 when #1 is 2.5. It took me 18 months to conceive, and now, I am
glad that it did.

I wish you only the best with TTC.

Thanks. I'm not holding my breath that it will be instant! Which is why I
want to start now - just in case.

Cathy

Old November 30th 03, 02:20 AM
Cathy

Vicki S wrote:
Daye wrote:
I started trying for #2 when my #1 was only 6 months old. I will
have #2 when #1 is 2.5. It took me 18 months to conceive, and now,
I am glad that it did.

DS was 9 months old when we ditched birth control but his sister is
(also) 2.5 years younger. It is turning out to be a very fine age
difference, imo. I hope you find it to be so as well.

Thank you. Whatever age gap we get will be the perfect one!

Cathy

Another child killed in kincare Kane General 39 February 12th 04 06:55 PM
Online Interview Introduction M. Luhring General 0 November 14th 03 05:44 PM
Introduction Elly General 6 October 18th 03 05:23 PM
Baby Food Question Ali's Daddie General 33 August 12th 03 02:14 PM
Dumb first time mom question :) Donna General 7 July 28th 03 03:29 PM