10 ways to be a better father

Old November 23rd 03, 08:18 AM
Joni Rathbun

Default 10 ways to be a better father

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, P. Tierney wrote:

"Andre Lieven" wrote:

Perhaps you boys aren't playing with a full deck.

Translation: " Anyone who disagrees with me is mentally ill. I
learned this from the former Soviet Union, where they believed the
same thing.

And how have you been characterizing those in this thread who
disagree with you?

Shhhhh, Mr. T. The mirror is cracked.

Old November 23rd 03, 04:36 PM
Andre Lieven

"P. Tierney" ) writes:
"Andre Lieven" wrote:

Perhaps you boys aren't playing with a full deck.

Translation: " Anyone who disagrees with me is mentally ill. I
learned this from the former Soviet Union, where they believed the
same thing.

And how have you been characterizing those in this thread who
disagree with you?

Translation: " Have you stopped beating your wife ? "

If you have a claim to make, well, *make it*. And, *back it up*.

Since you apparently CAN'T do that, you have NO point.

yawn

Andre

--
" I'm a man... But, I can change... If I have to... I guess. "
The Man Prayer, Red Green.
Old November 23rd 03, 05:23 PM
P. Tierney

"Andre Lieven" wrote in message
"P. Tierney" ) writes:
"Andre Lieven" wrote:

Perhaps you boys aren't playing with a full deck.

Translation: " Anyone who disagrees with me is mentally ill. I
learned this from the former Soviet Union, where they believed the
same thing.

And how have you been characterizing those in this thread who
disagree with you?

Translation: " Have you stopped beating your wife ? "

No, my question doesn't need any translation. It's a simple
question. Why can't you answer it?

P. Tierney

Old November 23rd 03, 05:59 PM
Banty

In article _16wb.216579$ao4.765040@attbi_s51, P. Tierney says...

"P. Tierney" ) writes:
"Andre Lieven" wrote:

Perhaps you boys aren't playing with a full deck.

Translation: " Anyone who disagrees with me is mentally ill. I
learned this from the former Soviet Union, where they believed the
same thing.

And how have you been characterizing those in this thread who
disagree with you?

Translation: " Have you stopped beating your wife ? "

No, my question doesn't need any translation. It's a simple
question. Why can't you answer it?

P. Tierney

Well - it *is* a loaded question.

But a rhetorical one - pointing out that Andre has been indulging in
mischaracterizations and insults from the beginning.

Banty

Old November 23rd 03, 09:56 PM
P. Tierney

"P. Tierney" ) writes:
"Andre Lieven" wrote:

Perhaps you boys aren't playing with a full deck.

Translation: " Anyone who disagrees with me is mentally ill. I
learned this from the former Soviet Union, where they believed the
same thing.

And how have you been characterizing those in this thread who
disagree with you?

Translation: " Have you stopped beating your wife ? "

No, my question doesn't need any translation. It's a simple
question. Why can't you answer it?

Well - it *is* a loaded question.

But a rhetorical one - pointing out that Andre has been indulging in
mischaracterizations and insults from the beginning.

Well, the answer *could* be "I've been respectful and courteous
towards people who disagree with me." He might actually think that.
I've seen it before, so that's why I asked.

P. Tierney

Old November 24th 03, 03:09 AM
Andre Lieven

"P. Tierney" ) writes:
"Andre Lieven" wrote:

Look up, "evading the question", "attacking the speaker instead
of the message", "refusing to presume honesty of people, instead
preferring to practice amateur mindreading", "turning his failure as a
father
and husband in an outward rage toward anyone who comes his way",
and "tools anyway endless on men's newsgroup thinking that he's actually
accomplishing something in this world when he can't point to a single
tangible
accomplishment (except for wasted bandwidth) that he's made in the
area that he claims to care so much about."

Go ahead. Look them up.

IOW, you were UNABLE to face my point, so you resorted to
obscfusion.

Yes, that's exactly what I did.

So you admit to being a *troll*. So be it.

Since you've done that with
nearly every post that I sent out,

More *empty* assertions, made by the one who *snipped out* the
" evidence " of his claims...

You ever work for Nixon ?

I thought I'd try doing things your way for a change.

Ah, so when you *complained* about my so-called " way ", and said
that it was bad, I guess that that only meant me, but for *you to
do that is OK*.

Can you spell H Y P O C R I S Y ? laughs

But that doesn't make you happy either.

Well, you're consistant.... Consistantly *wrong*.

Thanks for, once again, showing that *you had to abandon the
topic*, and resort to ad homs, *because you were UNABLE to
refute my actual points*.

Your surrender accepted. Next !

Andre

Old November 24th 03, 03:50 AM
P. Tierney

"Andre Lieven" wrote:

Thanks for, once again, showing that *you had to abandon the
topic*, and resort to ad homs, *because you were UNABLE to
refute my actual points*.

Your surrender accepted. Next !

Claiming fictional victories in fictional battles is a great way
to spend your life. It sure is a lot easier then actually working
towards the ends that you claim are so important. No work,
no results, just Internet talk.

P. Tierney

Old November 24th 03, 09:43 PM
toto

On 24 Nov 2003 05:14:13 GMT, (Andre Lieven)
wrote:

toto ) writes:
On 24 Nov 2003 03:33:26 GMT,
(Andre Lieven)
wrote:

That's hardly coming from a man that ever loved a child, even
when they thought the child to be their bio-child.

So, when a woman ( 70-91% of the time ) " throws the ******* ( Her
husband ) out ", that proves that *she never loved him* ?

There is a difference between loving an adult and loving a child.

Not outside of eros love, no, there isn't. If one can be so
suddenly broken off, with nary a comment about the " emotional
damage " arising from that, then the other isn't an issue of
" life or death ".

That's because to a child, it is life or death in terms of his
emotional well-being.

I have seen the effects of the traumas of separation in children
far too often. Even when the circumstances make it totally
necessary, the child suffers much injury from it.

You, as do most of your view's advocates, over-dramatise
the issue.

But, of course, you have to, in order to *deny men any right to
choose* their lives.

Except that I don't deny them the right to choose. They can
choose to walk away, but I advocate to educate on the effects
that will inevitably have on an innocent child. I would not use
the law to stop them from doing whatever they wanted to do.
But I think it should be an informed choice based on more
than their own emotional state at the time.

Children need unconditional love and this child didn't even do
anything that warrants your throwing him away.

Aside from not *being* " mine "....

But he can't help that. He didn't bring that about. Can you
see that you are blaming him for not being yours?

I'll take you a bit more seriously, when *you* volunteer to
support, including with $$, children who aren't related to
you, on a *long term* basis...

I am not divorced, but if I was and had a step-child whom
I had raised from birth, I could never walk away from him.

IOW, do what you preach for *others*...

Andre

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old November 25th 03, 01:15 AM
toto

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:17:23 -0800, Rauni
wrote:

Some men act like shellfish children. So do some women.

giggle

Does that mean they are oysters?

--
Dorothy