Petite Maternity Pants?

Old November 21st 03, 07:46 PM
Jill

Default Petite Maternity Pants?

Does anyone know where (online) I can order maternity pants in a petite
inseam? I want to order some cotton knit maternity pants in at least black
and whatever other colors I can find. I don't want them to look like
sweatpants OR "leggings", but rather something decent that could be worn to
a business casual job, dressier family function etc- nothing fancy just
looking for pants that come in small-medium-large sizing and also
petite/shot length.

When I normally wear this kind of pant I have liked some from Land's End or
J. Jill- sometimes JJill's aren't short enough and run on the baggy side,
but Land's End are pretty good and always come in petite as well. Land's End
has maternity clothes- the problem is, they only offer the pants in
"regular"! I don't want to have to have something hemmed (and also,
sometimes, having something hemmed doesn't look as good as if it had come
that short)...

I am almost to the point where sizing up looks ridiculous, so, it's time to
switch over to maternity soon. I plan to wear these pants over the holidays
with sweaters and long sleeve knit shirts...

Old November 22nd 03, 02:53 PM
Nancy P

"Jill" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know where (online) I can order maternity pants in a petite
inseam? I want to order some cotton knit maternity pants in at least black
and whatever other colors I can find. I don't want them to look like
sweatpants OR "leggings", but rather something decent that could be worn

a business casual job, dressier family function etc- nothing fancy just
looking for pants that come in small-medium-large sizing and also
petite/shot length.

Gap.com offers a 28" inseam. I remember from my last pregnancy that
Motherhood (in store, I didn't shop online, but you could check it) had some
stuff in petite. Mostly, for work clothes I wound up getting a lot of stuff
hemmed.

Nancy

Old November 22nd 03, 07:42 PM
Tracey

Jill wrote:

Does anyone know where (online) I can order maternity pants in a petite
inseam?

Nope. I never had any luck. It seemed to me when I was pregnant that the
makers of maternity clothes must think that all pregnant women are about 6'
tall. :-(

I do think that Lands End might have some now, or perhaps JC Penney. But
your success will depend on what size inseam you need. Personally, the
ONLY place that I have been able to find even regular non maternity pants
in petite that aren't way too long for myself is Lands End (and even then
only the 'custom length' ones. (Of course I need a 25" inseam)

Old November 22nd 03, 11:05 PM
Jill

"Tracey" wrote

Nope. I never had any luck. It seemed to me when I was pregnant that the
makers of maternity clothes must think that all pregnant women are about

6'
tall. :-(

I do think that Lands End might have some now, or perhaps JC Penney. But
your success will depend on what size inseam you need. Personally, the
ONLY place that I have been able to find even regular non maternity pants
in petite that aren't way too long for myself is Lands End (and even then
only the 'custom length' ones. (Of course I need a 25" inseam)

Land's End has maternity but their inseams are 29-30". I am disappointed in
this because all of their other clothing you have a choice. I found some
flimsy but comfy and ok looking maternity pants at Kohl's in petite. But am
still for the most part looking!

Old November 23rd 03, 12:08 AM
Anne Rogers

I can't help, but I do sympathise, in the UK once you are preganant you
are a size 12-18 with a 29 inch inside leg, I'm an 8/10 with a 32 inch
inside leg, I was holding my trousers up with safety pins til the day the
baby was born and displaying my ankles/socks.

Old November 23rd 03, 01:24 AM
Mary W.

Jill wrote:
"Tracey" wrote

Nope. I never had any luck. It seemed to me when I was pregnant that the
makers of maternity clothes must think that all pregnant women are about

6'

tall. :-(

I think they think women ar 5'7". I'm 5'10" and maternity pants are
all too short for me.

I do think that Lands End might have some now, or perhaps JC Penney. But
your success will depend on what size inseam you need. Personally, the
ONLY place that I have been able to find even regular non maternity pants
in petite that aren't way too long for myself is Lands End (and even then
only the 'custom length' ones. (Of course I need a 25" inseam)

Land's End has maternity but their inseams are 29-30". I am disappointed in
this because all of their other clothing you have a choice. I found some
flimsy but comfy and ok looking maternity pants at Kohl's in petite. But am
still for the most part looking!

I need 'tall' pants and I found mine at JC penney. They may carry petite
maternity too...

Mary

Old November 23rd 03, 02:39 AM
Jill

What also bothers me, I was looking at actual PETITE pants in the petite
(non-maternity) section today and decided to buy a pair of velour drawstring
pants to get me through the next couple of months. I sized up a size
thinking since I couldn't find petite maternity it would be better than
nothing and at least petite. I tried them on at home and they were too long
by 2 inches! Hemming wasn't a viable option because not only were they long
but the ankles were very baggy. They looked ridiculous- but were comfy and
soft. Grrr!

Old November 23rd 03, 08:11 AM
Usenet Fan

I bought nearly every pair of maternity pants I have at oldnavy.com
They usually also have free shipping with a minimum purchase. And
their returns are really easy if you get something that doesn't fit or
you don't love. Free shipping on returns and prompt credit back to
your credit card.

They have shorter inseams, which if I remember right were around 28".
The pants with shorter inseams available are marked with a starburst
logo thingy on the pants picture. Or go to the "Bargains" section and
get an even better deal on closeout capris. I bought some cuffed
capris for 12.99 which would be a perfect full-leg length if I
unfolded the cuff. I live in Southern California which has been warm
lately, so I just kept them at capri length...

I don't think you mentioned how far along you are, but based upon
belly size, I found that in the earlier stages of pregnancy, I liked
the low-rise belly panel. But as I got bigger, I actually liked the
full elastic tummy panel. It provided some nice extra support, and
anything smaller tended to slip down and bunch up under my bump.
Ouch. YMMV...

I'm due in two weeks and have stoppped working, so all my nicer work
clothes are probably done. I plan on living in the Old Navy casual
knit pants and maternity yoga pants with nice stretchy waists until
kiddo arrives.

Happy shopping!

Robin
#1 EDD early December 2003
Old November 23rd 03, 06:53 PM
Sue

"Jill" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I am under 5' tall and had a hard time looking for maternity pants/jeans in
my small city. The selection was either poor or very small, even in
department stores at a solitary mall. So, I ordered pants on sale from
Jcpenny.com. The prices to me are reasonable and they have a wider
selection. They also have 28" in petite pant length if it's what you are
looking for. You may have looked at it already, but here is the link:
www.jcpenny.com. Make sure that you add www. before jcpenny.com, or it
won't load correctly.

Hope this helps.

---
EDD: 2/16/04 Baby Girl
Age 39 First baby

Old November 23rd 03, 07:01 PM
Nancy P

m...
I bought nearly every pair of maternity pants I have at oldnavy.com
They usually also have free shipping with a minimum purchase. And
their returns are really easy if you get something that doesn't fit or
you don't love. Free shipping on returns and prompt credit back to
your credit card.

What is the cut of Oldnavy's maternity pants like? I ask because
non-pregnant, I can't wear their clothes. I feel like they're all juniors
and I'm a misses. For my figure, they're too big in at the top of the rear
but too tight in the hips and thighs. Are their maternity pants basically
their regular pants with a tummy panel?

Nancy