confused one

Old July 9th 03, 06:13 PM
M&M

Default confused one

Hi everyone...

I am new to this newsgroup. Me and my husband have been married for two
years. ( I'm 24 and my husband is 27).
I have been on the pills since we got married. The thing is that, we both
want to have a baby and I am desperately want to be pregnant. I have several
questions , how long would it usually take for me to get pregnant once I'm
stop taking the pills? I know it varies but would it take a long time in
general ?
Also, there's a chance that my husband will be transferred abroad later this
year and I will have to move with him. My question is, would it be allright
for me to be pregnant if we move around ?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/opinions you may have.

Old July 9th 03, 06:24 PM
Ali's Daddie

"M&M" wrote in message
Hi everyone...

I am new to this newsgroup. Me and my husband have been married for two
years. ( I'm 24 and my husband is 27).
I have been on the pills since we got married. The thing is that, we both
want to have a baby and I am desperately want to be pregnant. I have

several
questions , how long would it usually take for me to get pregnant once I'm
stop taking the pills? I know it varies but would it take a long time in
general ?

Well, since "pill babies" are not unheard of, I would *guess* that at any
point after stopping the pill you could, in theory, get pregnant. (I mean
while ovulating lol)

But, as you will be told.. It varies from person to person.

--

LES!

Daddie to Alegra Lee. May 25th 2003!
"Daddie's Little Diva"

before you reply to me via email,
please remove your hat

ourHat

Old July 9th 03, 06:31 PM
Astromum

M&M wrote:
I am new to this newsgroup. Me and my husband have been married for two
years. ( I'm 24 and my husband is 27).

Welcome!

I have been on the pills since we got married. The thing is that, we both
want to have a baby and I am desperately want to be pregnant. I have several
questions , how long would it usually take for me to get pregnant once I'm
stop taking the pills? I know it varies but would it take a long time in
general ?

On average you want to sit out a few cycles after stopping the pill so your
body has time to return to 'home state', although it is not 'bad' to become
pregnant right away in the sense that it affects the baby. In that time you
can do several things to monitor your fertility, there are many excellent web
sites on this (basal body temperature, note period days and how you feel).

In general, if you have intercourse in your fertile period, you have a chance
of 10-20% to actually get pregnant every cycle. The egg may be fertilized, but
not implant for several reasons. You will not notice this, except perhaps for
a late period on occasion. Most couples get pregnant within 3-6 months after
trying to conceive (TTC). Others are faster, others are slower, but there is
no reason for concern if it takes up to a year.

Remember to enjoy the love making, especially if it takes longer than you
had expected. Quit any nasty habits (both you *and* your husband) like
smoking, and limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and other such things.

Also, there's a chance that my husband will be transferred abroad later this
year and I will have to move with him. My question is, would it be allright
for me to be pregnant if we move around ?

Sure, why not? Even if you would conceive right away, you'd probably not be
more than 4m pregnant before the end of this year. If you know where and when
you are going, you can find out in advance how delivery is organized and where
you need to go for your checks.

Good luck!

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Old July 9th 03, 06:38 PM
kadunk

In article , M&M wrote:
I have been on the pills since we got married. The thing is that, we both
want to have a baby and I am desperately want to be pregnant. I have several
questions , how long would it usually take for me to get pregnant once I'm
stop taking the pills? I know it varies but would it take a long time in
general ?

When I mentioned to my OB/GYN that we wanted to start trying, she
recommended that I wait three months until my body "settled out". I did,
and then the first month that we were really trying we suceeded. I don't
know how normal that is, but I'm 6 weeks pregnant right now! I think I
remember reading that the average is 3-6 months if you're under 30 years
old, and 6-12 months if you're 30-35 years old.

Also, there's a chance that my husband will be transferred abroad later this
year and I will have to move with him. My question is, would it be allright
for me to be pregnant if we move around ?

It entire depends on how far along you are! From all I've read, it's best
to do any moving during the second trimester, since you'll be over your
morning sickness but not yet too big to do anything!

Good luck with your plans, and enjoy yourself!

-k
edd 3/4/2004
--

i'm just a girl in the world

Old July 9th 03, 07:55 PM
Nina

"M&M" wrote in message
Hi everyone...

I am new to this newsgroup. Me and my husband have been married for two
years. ( I'm 24 and my husband is 27).
I have been on the pills since we got married. The thing is that, we both
want to have a baby and I am desperately want to be pregnant. I have

several
questions , how long would it usually take for me to get pregnant once I'm
stop taking the pills? I know it varies but would it take a long time in
general ?
Also, there's a chance that my husband will be transferred abroad later

this
year and I will have to move with him. My question is, would it be

allright
for me to be pregnant if we move around ?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/opinions you may have.

I've gotten pregnant a few times while on the pill, so my answer would be
"it won't take long". I have a friend who stopped taking the pill after 15
years and became pregnant her first cycle.
Its hard being pregnant if you are in a strange place with no support
system. My husband is military and I have always had to fly people across
country to help me when my due date arrived. If you wont be able to do that,
and won't have time to make friends, it can be scary.

Old July 9th 03, 08:09 PM
Truffles

M&M wrote:

Hi everyone...

I am new to this newsgroup. Me and my husband have been married for two
years. ( I'm 24 and my husband is 27).
I have been on the pills since we got married. The thing is that, we both
want to have a baby and I am desperately want to be pregnant. I have several
questions , how long would it usually take for me to get pregnant once I'm
stop taking the pills? I know it varies but would it take a long time in
general ?
Also, there's a chance that my husband will be transferred abroad later this
year and I will have to move with him. My question is, would it be allright
for me to be pregnant if we move around ?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/opinions you may have.

What nobody has mentioned yet is that it is recommended that you start
taking a folic acid supplement that has at least 0.4 mg. This could be
in the form of a multi-vitamin or just a plain folic acid supplement.

There needs to be sufficient quantities of folic acid present in your
system *before* you become pregnant to prevent congenital defects such
as Spina Bifida.

Good luck.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old July 9th 03, 08:24 PM
Astromum

Larry McMahan wrote:
M&M writes:
: Also, there's a chance that my husband will be transferred abroad later this
: year and I will have to move with him. My question is, would it be allright
: for me to be pregnant if we move around ?

Absolutely not! In fact, once you get pregnant, you need to stand rooted to
the floor in one spot until you give birth. No one has ever moved after
becoming pregnant. Don't be the first! Just kidding.

So, do I stop moving as soon as I have a positive test? Does that
mean I have to sit on the loo the entire pregnancy?

/big evil grin

Old July 9th 03, 08:33 PM
zeldabee

Astromum wrote:
Larry McMahan wrote:
M&M writes:
: Also, there's a chance that my husband will be transferred abroad
: later this year and I will have to move with him. My question is,
: would it be allright for me to be pregnant if we move around ?

Absolutely not! In fact, once you get pregnant, you need to stand
rooted to the floor in one spot until you give birth. No one has ever
moved after becoming pregnant. Don't be the first! Just kidding.

So, do I stop moving as soon as I have a positive test? Does that
mean I have to sit on the loo the entire pregnancy?

Well...that's what I do. ) Or it seems so, anyway. I was thinking of just
being fitted with a catheter, and I can carry a bag around with me, and be
done with it.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/
Old July 9th 03, 08:49 PM
Larry McMahan

M&M writes:
: Hi everyone...

: I am new to this newsgroup. Me and my husband have been married for two
: years. ( I'm 24 and my husband is 27).
: I have been on the pills since we got married. The thing is that, we both
: want to have a baby and I am desperately want to be pregnant.

Uh, in that case, I would suggest you quit taking the birth control pill!
:-)

: I have several
: questions , how long would it usually take for me to get pregnant once I'm
: stop taking the pills? I know it varies but would it take a long time in
: general ?

Well, it varies a lot in general. At best, your chances are about 40% each
ovulation if you do everything "right". That means than on average it takes
3 or 4 months, but that 6 to 9 months is not outside the normal. The general
consensus is that if you have been trying a year, and had no success, then
you should seek professional (medical) assistance.

: Also, there's a chance that my husband will be transferred abroad later this
: year and I will have to move with him. My question is, would it be allright
: for me to be pregnant if we move around ?

Absolutely not! In fact, once you get pregnant, you need to stand rooted to
the floor in one spot until you give birth. No one has ever moved after
becoming pregnant. Don't be the first! Just kidding.

: Thank you in advance for any suggestions/opinions you may have.

It's the first time I have gotten thanked for advice like this. That's what
you get for paying up front. :-)

Good luck trying,
Larry

PS, my second paragraph was the only serious one. :-) Uh, maybe the first,
too. :-)
Old July 9th 03, 08:53 PM
Naomi Pardue

I have several
questions , how long would it usually take for me to get pregnant once I'm
stop taking the pills? I know it varies but would it take a long time in
general ?

It's usually best to wait until you've had one normal cycle before you start to
try. (Meaning that you have the bleed you normally have after you finish a pack
of pills, then you wait until you've had the period after that one before you
start trying to conceive.) This is just because some women may take a few
months to start having regular periods again, and it can be confusing (you
won't know if you're pregnant/won't know how far along you are) if you start
trying during that interval. OTOH, if you do start trying, or if you back-up
method fails, it isn't really a big deal. Ultrasound can date a pregnancy
accurately enough if you aren't sure when you conceived.

Once you do start trying, average time to conception DOES vary widely, but,
statistically, about 50% of women who are actively trying to conceive with be
pregnant within 3 months, and about 65% within 6 months. (Most experts advise
seeing a doctor if you aren't pregnant within a year.)

Also, there's a chance that my husband will be transferred abroad later this
year and I will have to move with him. My question is, would it be allright
for me to be pregnant if we move around ?

Barring some uncommon complications/health problems I can't think why this
would be a problem. (I assume you'd be travelling by usual methods, not by
camel or covered wagon.) Do be aware, however, that it isn't usually advisible
to travel in the last couple of months of pregnancy, and that switching care
providers in very late pregnancy can be a hassle.)

..
Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)

I need a bit of Help... Joni General 59 May 5th 04 08:24 PM
How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)? [email protected] General 7 May 4th 04 05:48 AM
A little confused -- this flu thing??? dejablues General 251 December 29th 03 09:54 PM
Calendars (was A little confused -- this flu thing???) Colleen Porter General 2 December 21st 03 12:34 AM