Getting bigger and bigger (36w update)

Old August 5th 05, 08:25 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Getting bigger and bigger (36w update)

I don't know if it is possible, but today I kept bumping into things
again, which is usually a sign that my belly has expanded even more. I am
slowly starting to feel like a homo giganticus... I did some measurements:
hips are 123cm, waist is 123cm, fundal height is 52cm. And that is a very
optimistic measurement, since I cannot feel my pubic bone very well, my
arms are getting too short... DH also took some neat pictures of my
enormous bump. I am down to 2 pairs of pants, and one of those is really
getting tight.

Since a few days I am having lots of BH and some nightly contractions, but
nothing serious. With DS I had this for a week, and I just read that with
a second pregnancy these symptoms start earlier, and are more pronounced.
The contractions disappear as soon as I get up, but they are waking me up,
causing me to be very tired during the day. At the next check-up (tuesday)
I will ask for some sleeping pills, so I can at least get enough rest.

Good news: my back is back to normal! And more good news: everything is
ready for the babies (room, stroller, car seats, dad, grandparents) except
for myself. I feel so good, they can stick around a bit longer.

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)
Old August 6th 05, 12:30 AM
Joybelle

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
I don't know if it is possible, but today I kept bumping into things
again, which is usually a sign that my belly has expanded even more. I am
slowly starting to feel like a homo giganticus... I did some measurements:
hips are 123cm, waist is 123cm, fundal height is 52cm. And that is a very
optimistic measurement, since I cannot feel my pubic bone very well, my
arms are getting too short... DH also took some neat pictures of my
enormous bump. I am down to 2 pairs of pants, and one of those is really
getting tight.

I'd love to see those pictures!!

Since a few days I am having lots of BH and some nightly contractions, but
nothing serious. With DS I had this for a week, and I just read that with
a second pregnancy these symptoms start earlier, and are more pronounced.
The contractions disappear as soon as I get up, but they are waking me up,
causing me to be very tired during the day. At the next check-up (tuesday)
I will ask for some sleeping pills, so I can at least get enough rest.

Yeah, the rest is hard to come by. It sounds like your body is gearing up,
Ilse, and that is terrific.

Good news: my back is back to normal! And more good news: everything is
ready for the babies (room, stroller, car seats, dad, grandparents) except
for myself. I feel so good, they can stick around a bit longer.

I'm so glad you are feeling so well and your back has returned to normal!!
It sounds like things are good to go and now you can relax and enjoy this
last week or two.

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old August 6th 05, 05:15 AM
Emily

Yay on back to normal! Enjoy the last few weeks
(days?) and best of luck for an easy delivery!

Emily
Old August 6th 05, 06:10 AM
emilymr

So glad everything's going well, Ilse! Hopefully you'll be able to sleep
more soon.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old August 6th 05, 08:45 PM
Ilse Witch

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:30:48 -0700, Joybelle wrote:

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
DH also took some neat pictures of my enormous bump. I am down to 2
pairs of pants, and one of those is really getting tight.

I'd love to see those pictures!!

Hehe, they're X-rated... sorry! :-)

Old August 7th 05, 06:25 PM
Joybelle

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:30:48 -0700, Joybelle wrote:

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
DH also took some neat pictures of my enormous bump. I am down to 2
pairs of pants, and one of those is really getting tight.

I'd love to see those pictures!!

Hehe, they're X-rated... sorry! :-)

Well, then...! I guess not.
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Update on me: 30+ weeks (x-post, long) Ilse Witch Pregnancy 9 June 30th 05 11:35 PM
7 1/2 month Update and various musings on parent classes and this group Larry McMahan Pregnancy 17 May 24th 05 05:31 PM
36.5 week update Beach Mum Pregnancy 4 February 11th 05 05:03 PM
UPDATE with a question - Jan 2004 Due Date...From a Newbie Husband.... Jon Stein Pregnancy 2 November 5th 03 11:12 AM
36w+4d update Tiina Kartovaara Pregnancy 3 August 23rd 03 07:51 PM