The Frog by Bugagboo (hot celeb stroller)?

Old September 20th 03, 11:14 PM
Zucca4

Default The Frog by Bugagboo (hot celeb stroller)?

Does anyone have expereince with this ultra-hot, Scandanavian
carriage/stroller? Ever since it was shown on Sex and the City and Sarah
Jessica Parker and Brooke Shields were photographed with it, it's become the
most sought after baby accessory here in NYC. Everyone is raving about it and
the NYTimes even did a feature on it a few weeks ago. I called one boutique out
of curiosity and was told there was a 7 month wait.

The 699 price tag seems a bit much though! We're getting the MacClaren Techno
(?- forgot already...very overwhelmed these days) but are wondering if anyone
can tell us why this carriage is so amazing.

Lisa
Old September 21st 03, 08:51 AM
Binky

"Zucca4" wrote in message
Does anyone have expereince with this ultra-hot, Scandanavian
carriage/stroller? Ever since it was shown on Sex and the City and Sarah
Jessica Parker and Brooke Shields were photographed with it, it's become

the
most sought after baby accessory here in NYC. Everyone is raving about it

and
the NYTimes even did a feature on it a few weeks ago. I called one

boutique out
of curiosity and was told there was a 7 month wait.

The 699 price tag seems a bit much though! We're getting the MacClaren

Techno
(?- forgot already...very overwhelmed these days) but are wondering if

anyone
can tell us why this carriage is so amazing.

Lisa

Well...I only looked at the thing online! But it looks amazing. You can
have the seat or a traditional bassinet on it, it can face out or towards
you, you can take it to the beach even on the two bigger wheels. You can
also use it as a frame for your infant car seat! Weighs less than
16lbs...and folds! It is also machine washable, ergonomically designed for
baby and you and can be used for older children up to about age 4...gees...I
am not yet pg and I want to order the thing! Anyone out there have one
already? Is it as good as it sounds?

Old September 21st 03, 05:42 PM
~*~ Jess ~*~

"Zucca4" wrote in message
Does anyone have expereince with this ultra-hot, Scandanavian
carriage/stroller? Ever since it was shown on Sex and the City and Sarah
Jessica Parker and Brooke Shields were photographed with it, it's become

the
most sought after baby accessory here in NYC. Everyone is raving about it

and
the NYTimes even did a feature on it a few weeks ago. I called one

boutique out
of curiosity and was told there was a 7 month wait.

The 699 price tag seems a bit much though! We're getting the MacClaren

Techno
(?- forgot already...very overwhelmed these days) but are wondering if

anyone
can tell us why this carriage is so amazing.

Lisa

I came this close to buying one but I know a couple of moms that have
had problems with it so I decided to skip it. It has to be broken down to
two pieces to fold and it can be a bit of a pain from what I've heard. It
does look interesting though.

I have a Maclaren Techno XT that we love! DD tries to climb in it all the
time.

--
~*~ Jess ~*~
mommy to:

Old September 23rd 03, 10:17 AM
Catheleijne Berck

Zucca4 wrote:

Does anyone have expereince with this ultra-hot, Scandanavian
carriage/stroller? Ever since it was shown on Sex and the City and Sarah
Jessica Parker and Brooke Shields were photographed with it, it's become
the most sought after baby accessory here in NYC. Everyone is raving
about it and the NYTimes even did a feature on it a few weeks ago. I
called one boutique out of curiosity and was told there was a 7 month
wait.

The 699 price tag seems a bit much though! We're getting the MacClaren
Techno (?- forgot already...very overwhelmed these days) but are wondering
if anyone can tell us why this carriage is so amazing.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

The Buggaboo is Dutch, not Scandinavian (might not be much of a
difference in the US, but it is quite a difference in Europe ;-) ).
Anyway, it's quite a common stroller here in Holland, especially in the
urban areas. It's popular, but its popularity is due to the fact that
it's a good stroller, no celebrities using it AFAIK :-). I have one
myself - I've only used the bassinet so far as DD is only 11 weeks old.
We like it a lot. It is, as you say, quite pricey, but it's not more
expensive than the other popular strollers in Holland.

HTH, Cath

Old September 24th 03, 02:53 AM
Erin

Hi Lisa,

I posted a stroller question here myself a few weeks ago when mulling over
what to get, and ended up springing for The Frog. I bought it online and it
came within all of 8 days -- So much for that 7-month waiting list in NYC
stores. I'm not due for another few weeks, so can't yet tell you yet how it
actually pans out. But it was very easy to put together, and it rolls and
steers like a dream! We picked it for the following reasons:

1) I wanted a pram for when my daughter is really small, but didn't want to
buy a seperate upright stroller later on, when she outgrows the pram and can
sit up. The Frog comes with both an upright seat and bassinet attachment.
Plus, the bassinet can be detached from the frame and used seperately, if
you like.

2) I enjoy hiking on trails and also walking on the beach, and so I wanted a
stroller that could be used on fire roads/trails as well as on sand. The
Frog has specific settings for those types of terrain.

3) It's not ultra-light, at 18 pounds, but also isn't so heavy that I can't
get it into the trunk of my car easily, either.

4) I've got a pet peeve against strollers with seperate handles for each
hand (common for balloon strollers) because it's nice to be able to push
with one hand and either talk on the phone or rummage through your bag with
the other hand without careening all over the sidewalk while doing so. The
Frog has one handle that is easy to push with just one hand.

5) On a completely frivolous note, I'm not a very "frilly" person, and the
Frog's kind of sporty look was appealing to me.

Since it fufilled several functions I might otherwise need different types
of strollers for, and I had the money to spend on it, I could rationalize
getting it. However, if I'd been on a smaller budget, I'm sure there are a
bunch of cheaper strollers that would have also satisfied my needs. It's
definitely spiffy, but a luxury, not a necessity.

Good luck! -- Erin, edd 10/27

"Zucca4" wrote in message
Does anyone have expereince with this ultra-hot, Scandanavian
carriage/stroller? Ever since it was shown on Sex and the City and Sarah
Jessica Parker and Brooke Shields were photographed with it, it's become

the
most sought after baby accessory here in NYC. Everyone is raving about it

and
the NYTimes even did a feature on it a few weeks ago. I called one

boutique out
of curiosity and was told there was a 7 month wait.

The 699 price tag seems a bit much though! We're getting the MacClaren

Techno
(?- forgot already...very overwhelmed these days) but are wondering if

anyone
can tell us why this carriage is so amazing.

Lisa

Do I need another stroller? ted General 8 May 27th 04 01:41 PM
stroller with narrow base Sara General 11 May 3rd 04 01:48 PM
Baby survives after hit-and-run driver drags stroller a mile Le Mod Pol General 57 February 11th 04 11:17 PM
double stroller toypup General 5 July 27th 03 05:41 PM
double stroller advice needed Robert Huwe Pregnancy 1 July 17th 03 02:31 PM