Mitochondria & Mercury

Old March 19th 08, 11:03 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

Default Mitochondria & Mercury

Go to Pubmed and type in mitochondria and mercury. You will get links to 299
papers which explain exactly what mercury does to mitochondria.

Old March 20th 08, 12:31 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
Skeptic

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...
Go to Pubmed and type in mitochondria and mercury. You will get links to
299 papers which explain exactly what mercury does to mitochondria.

Too bad you wouldn't be able to read and understand a single one of them.

Old March 20th 08, 12:41 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
[email protected]

On Mar 19, 7:03*pm, "Jan Drew" wrote:
Go to Pubmed and type in mitochondria and mercury. You will get links to 299
papers which explain exactly what mercury does to mitochondria.

I went to Pubmed and found 299 articles on mitochondria and mercury.

All the articles were discussing inorganic mercury or methylmercury.

The various creatures studied were rats, Javan mongoose, dicentrarchus
labrax, the frog Rana Kl escolenta, porcine kidney and liver, zebra
fish, etc.

Since thimerosal has ethylmercury and no studies were done on human
tissue, am I correct in concluding that there is no valid scientific
data to implicate the mercury in thimerosal to human disease whether
inhaled, ingested, or injected?

DrCee
You cannot secure nor restore health with pus or poisons.
Old March 20th 08, 01:08 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
Kulacz

On Mar 19, 8:31*pm, "Skeptic" wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message

. net...

Go to Pubmed and type in mitochondria and mercury. You will get links to
299 papers which explain exactly what mercury does to mitochondria.

Too bad you wouldn't be able to read and understand a single one of them.

Typical insult.
Boring!!!
Old March 20th 08, 01:16 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
Kulacz

On Mar 19, 8:41*pm, wrote:
On Mar 19, 7:03*pm, "Jan Drew" wrote:

Go to Pubmed and type in mitochondria and mercury. You will get links to 299
papers which explain exactly what mercury does to mitochondria.

I went to Pubmed and found 299 articles on mitochondria and mercury.

All the articles were discussing inorganic mercury or methylmercury.

The various creatures studied were rats, Javan mongoose, dicentrarchus
labrax, the frog Rana Kl escolenta, porcine kidney and liver, zebra
fish, etc.

Since thimerosal has ethylmercury and no studies were done on human
tissue, am I correct in concluding that there is no valid scientific
data to implicate the mercury in thimerosal to human disease whether
inhaled, ingested, or injected?

DrCee
You cannot secure nor restore health with pus or poisons.

I have not read them but it will certainly depend upon the mehanism of
action and the different forms of mercury.
We know that mercury vapor is highly neurotoxic. We also know that
methyl and di-methyl mercury (the di-methyl mercury that killed the
researcher due to the lack of an active binding site for chelation)i s
highly toxic.

Ingesting mercury salts readily pass through the GI tract.

I would not be gung ho injecting ethyl mercury unless I was sure that
it did not have a severe biological consequence such as caused by
mercury vapor and methyl and di-methyl mercury.
Old March 20th 08, 01:53 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
Peter Bowditch

"Skeptic" wrote:

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
.net...
Go to Pubmed and type in mitochondria and mercury. You will get links to
299 papers which explain exactly what mercury does to mitochondria.

Too bad you wouldn't be able to read and understand a single one of them.

That's obvious from what she said, because if there was even one
paper which "explain[ed] exactly what mercury does to mitochondria"
there would be no need for the other 298.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old March 20th 08, 02:17 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
Kulacz

On Mar 19, 9:53*pm, Peter Bowditch wrote:
"Skeptic" wrote:

.net...

The Millenium Projecthttp://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
Australian Council Against Health Fraudhttp://www.acahf.org.au
Australian Skepticshttp://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

A. We do not know "exactly" how over half the drugs in the PDR
actually work yet we accept them and continue to utilize them and
classify them as standard of care.
B. We do not know what gravity is yet we have mathematematical models
to precisely predict gravitational forces. What these forces are, we
simply do not know. Yet we accept the observational and mathematical
models of gravity without knowing what gravithy actually is. Sholdnm't
we be 100% sure what gravity is before accepting it as observationa?
3. We know mercury is highly reactive and disrupts many biological
functions in out bodies.Thisis both obdervational and scientifically
proven. Can you explain how mercury cannot harm mitochindria? Until we
have further knowledge on this I would prefer to err on the side of
caution. How about you?
Old March 20th 08, 02:50 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
David Wright

In article ,
Kulacz wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:31*pm, "Skeptic" wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message

. net...

Go to Pubmed and type in mitochondria and mercury. You will get links to
299 papers which explain exactly what mercury does to mitochondria.

Too bad you wouldn't be able to read and understand a single one of them.

Typical insult.
Boring!!!

But quite true when applied to Jan Drew, who has approximately the
same level of scientific literacy as a turnip.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at copper.net
"Without Bush, what will America's schoolchildren have to look down on?"
-- Bill Maher

Old March 20th 08, 03:04 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
D. C. Sessions

In message , David Wright wrote:

But quite true when applied to Jan Drew, who has approximately the
same level of scientific literacy as a turnip.

Are you sure? Turnips rarely provide us with the kind of
howlers that Jan does. Maybe you owe them an apology.

--
| The most important exclamation in science isn't "Eureka!" |
| The most important exclamation is "What the BLEEP?" |
Old March 20th 08, 03:13 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,misc.kids,talk.politics.medicine,misc.headlines
Kulacz

On Mar 19, 10:50*pm, (David Wright) wrote:
In article ,

Kulacz wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:31*pm, "Skeptic" wrote:

y.net...

* -- David Wright :: alphabeta at copper.net
* * *These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
* * *"Without Bush, what will America's schoolchildren have to look down on?"

Insult number 2
Deiter: It is time on Sprochets when we dance.