oatmeal?

Old July 21st 03, 02:18 PM
K.B.

Default oatmeal?

Some posts mention eating oatmeal. Is that supposed to make milk thicker or
a better supply?
Kris

Old July 21st 03, 02:27 PM
Belphoebe

"K.B." wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Some posts mention eating oatmeal. Is that supposed to make milk thicker

or
a better supply?

Boost supply.

Belphoebe

Old July 21st 03, 04:16 PM
iphigenia

K.B. wrote:
Some posts mention eating oatmeal. Is that supposed to make milk
thicker or a better supply?

You can't make milk thicker. Oatmeal is a galactagogue.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old July 22nd 03, 09:04 AM
Jenrose

"Belphoebe" wrote in message

"K.B." wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Some posts mention eating oatmeal. Is that supposed to make milk thicker

or
a better supply?

Boost supply.

Oh lord.

I had *plenty* of milk with my daughter. But I have since developed a "bowl
of oatmeal every single day" routine.... This could get scary next time
'round.

Jenrose

Old July 23rd 03, 02:43 AM
K.B.

What the heck is a galactagogue? I always heard you can make your milk
thicker, more filling. How come I've seen my sisters milk when she pumped
and it looked so thin and my milk is so creamy?

Old July 23rd 03, 03:19 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

K.B. wrote:

What the heck is a galactagogue?

Something to help you make more milk.

I always heard you can make your milk
thicker, more filling.

If you tell us how you think that can be done, we can either
agree or refute.

How come I've seen my sisters milk when she pumped
and it looked so thin and my milk is so creamy?

You saw foremilk from her and hindmilk from you, or her baby
is older than yours, or milk can look different without
having significantly different fat content, is my guess. Or
maybe it had sat for a certain period of time -- mine looks
much creamier immediately after pumping than after a day in
the fridge.

Phoebe

Spitting up 110 X a day... Jill Pregnancy 46 July 15th 04 02:40 PM
Age to use microwave JustMe General 26 September 10th 03 01:56 AM
Got Some Questions Shelby Breastfeeding 13 July 18th 03 06:22 PM
Has anyone ever tried these? Marie Breastfeeding 24 July 17th 03 08:50 PM