Ah ha!

Old March 7th 05, 05:52 AM
xkatx

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:47:59 GMT, "xkatx"
the following was posted in blue crayon:

Eww! I can't imagine dating my brother's friends, and if he were to hit
on
a friend of mine, I think I would kill him, then kill my friend, only
after
asking her where her mind is! But... I'm older than both my
brothers,
so you're probably right. I think it would be different for an older
brother/younger sister. I've found guys are more protective of younger
sisters, but that's just from what I've seen with friends and all that.

I think they look out after each other now although Mike is usually
the caretaker of the two of them.

Hehe my youngest brother (he's 16 this month - wow... time flies!) is a
Mike. He's actually the jerk of my 2 brothers. My older brother (19 - holy
crap! - in June) is almost turning into a big brother for me, though. He's
still my baby (although twice my size) brother, and he actually really likes
Norm. Norm kind of finds that my bro is on the puppy dog leash, kind of,
since my brother has similar interests when it comes to stuff like choice of
computer games, choice of video games - typical guy stuff.
My brother also has this one friend who constantly hits on me. Ever since
he was about 13 and I was 15. The kid would, and still does, go out of his
way to try and impress me or try to charm me. Kind of funny, but thinking
of him as anything more than my little bro's friend is just scary!

on marriage

Buuut... I don't think I'd get married just because it was what she
wanted,
if it was not what I wanted.

Good. But asking was more of a door opener... just to confirm or
disconfirm the reason for her treating you the way that she does.

No, no no! That is definitely not a reason I would or would not get
married. I would definitely not do it only because she told me that's what
she wanted, and I definitely wouldn't do it only because she said she didn't
want it. I actually haven't said a word to her about it, and she's never
said a word about it to me either. I definitely do want to get married.
But, I really don't want to feel rushed into doing something, and to me, I'm
very happy with how things are right now and where I feel they're going.
When it feels just right, then I think it will happen. That's just the way
I feel about it, and I really don't think I need an actual piece of paper or
rings to love someone. To me, that's just an extra thing that I would like
eventually, but I don't believe that a paper and ring make a difference on
how much I care for someone and love them, or how much they care for and
love me.

My parents help a lot and quite often, and
they know I appreciate it. Even if it's just taking B out for the
afternoon
on the weekend so I could get laundry done or some cleaning done, or
whatever it may be. I paid my mom back the money she borrowed me a few
months ago, and ever since, we've been doing fine as far as money goes. I
haven't had to borrow a dime for a while, and that is definitely a good
thing. Now I really do think that I don't need to borrow money or
anything
like that, and whenever my dad is ready and willing, I am going to
seriously
talk to him about buying the car off him, even though I know they don't
have
a problem with the car. I've been maintaining it just fine on my own, and
the fuel has never gone low. It stays over 1/4 of a tank, and that's
good.

You're doing great then! And actually... even when I was married we
occasionally had to borrow from our parents. It's not just you.

Obviously and ideally, I would want nothing to do with my parents as far as
them helping out financially. I appreciate their help when I do need it,
and even then, I don't ask or beg for money, but they seem to know when
there's trouble like that and offer. I pay them back as soon as I can, and
I'm hoping that now is when it starts to be less and less, and further in
between those times, until it becomes absolutely nothing at all.

snip
I think that the love we have for our chidlren helps us to come
around... but I don't know what it's like to have to love a child who
is in prison for rape or murderred his pregnant wife. You didn't do
anything like that, did you?

LOL no, not to my knowledge, anyways!

Well then.. you're definitely daughter material so it's not you.

Haha well, I've always thought, and tried to be, the average daughter, I
just feel sometimes it's not like that. But, no, I haven't ever been in the
above position or put my parents in that situation! lol

on IT'S A GIRL!!!

The lady was only about 75% sure. There's still that small chance! lol
But
I still doubt it. It doesn't really matter too much anyways.

They lied to me about my son. He must have had it tucked or something
at the time. I like mint green, lavender, and aqua anyway (not
necessarily together though).

'Kate

lol well, they were right for the first 2 times. They said it was a boy,
and even before I was told, I had a feeling it was a boy. Both pregnancies
were basically identical in almost every way. I was puking my brains out
every single day for 8 of the 9 months, I had energy enough for an entire
hockey team, I slept like a baby up until around the 8th month (and not
sleeping come the end isn't such a shock since I know it's quite common) I
was in school full time right up until Xmas holidays with Zach, and he was
born in the middle of Xmas break from school, then I was back full time
again a month after (I had a C-section, so I was out from the world and
really unable to sit in school all day long at first) and I worked full time
until 4 days before my due date with Bran, then was back in school with him
for one class a week when he was 8 days old, and doing school work full time
at home on the side. This time, I knew it was a girl since Norm's family
has a girl problem, it seems. His sister has all girls (6, I believe) and
his brother has 3 girls. Guess a girl is no surprise at all! lol I
have no energy, no sleep, nothing's the same this time I also think I'm
5x as big as I was before, and the list just goes on and on.
It doesn't really matter too much anyways, since I plan to dig up B's old
clothes anyways. As far as sleepers and stuff goes, girls can sleep in
blue, white, green and the other more common colors for boys, and I do have
some nice little outfits that could be boy or girl. I'm not a huge fan of
pink anyways. All strollers, car seats, cribs, swings, highchairs, etc., go
either way, and I still have all that stuff.
I don't plan on buying anything as far as clothes go yet anyways. I was
thinking of waiting right until the day it's born to maybe send Bran and
Norm out to the store to pick out a little outfit for it to come home in
from the hospital. I think that might be a way that Bran could have some
good feelings if he gets to do something like that, so I think I'm pretty
much set for almost everything.
I'm such a packrat, I kept EVERYTHING from clothes and blankets and
everything under the sun.
IF it really is a girl, it wouldn't be such a big deal for clothes anyways,
since B was a newborn in Jan and this one's due in July. Newborn winter
clothes aren't so great for a summer baby anyways.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old March 7th 05, 05:32 PM
P.Fritz

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 05:52:13 GMT, "xkatx"
the following was posted in blue crayon:

snip old stuff
[...]

and yet, at one time, you had a secret yearning for him grabbing her
walker and swiftly rolling so that xkatx doesn't waddle over and deck
her

I just read the funniest thing about men. Did you know that they don't
"choose" to want to hump everything in sight.. it just sort of
happens? They wake up one day, and girls aren't so icky and they have
these urges.... if she looks good, they want it. If she doesn't look
good, they find something about her that does and they want it. Or
something like that. I've been meaning to talk to my son about this
phenomenon.

I know.. I'm going to hear it about this. Sexist pig that I am.
sigh

Okay.....I'll bite.....

Painting with a rather broad brush aren't you????

[...]

I know Iknow.. I just meant that if you bring up the subject of the
relationship (in whatever way) that she might understand that her
behavior may be standing in the way of her having a better
relationship with you and if talking about *her* disappointments with
you (not being married yet) is an opening to a deeper relationship,
then that'd be a good thing.

I *know* you're not getting married 'cause your mother said so. :-)

and I'm not sure how much marriage means to most people anyway.

on the ultrasound

[...]

LOL... his family will not know what to do with your boys but I bet
his father will be thrilled to be able to welcome them into the family
if only to raise the testosterone level during the holidays.

have no energy, no sleep, nothing's the same this time I also think
I'm
5x as big as I was before, and the list just goes on and on.

it's twins! Triplets! Quads!
ROFL

[...]

:-) It sounds like you're a pro. This is so fun... thanks for sharing it
with us.

'Kate

Old March 8th 05, 01:13 AM
P. Fritz

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:32:52 -0500, "P.Fritz"
the following was posted in blue crayon:

I just read the funniest thing about men. Did you know that they don't
"choose" to want to hump everything in sight.. it just sort of
happens? They wake up one day, and girls aren't so icky and they have
these urges.... if she looks good, they want it. If she doesn't look
good, they find something about her that does and they want it. Or
something like that. I've been meaning to talk to my son about this
phenomenon.

I know.. I'm going to hear it about this. Sexist pig that I am.
sigh

Okay.....I'll bite.....

Painting with a rather broad brush aren't you????

Yeah... 'cause it was a reference to a joke, actually. I thought that
was clear. And I knew that it would raise the PC radar of some. But I
thought, that since I've made a home here for a number of years, that
I would be forgiven for sharing something that was funny to me. If it
helps, it stopped being funny ... like.. now.

It would not surprise me that someone would seriously advance a theroy
like that.......all you have to do is look at the president of harvard.
:-)

Fondly,
'Kate

Old March 8th 05, 01:52 AM
P. Fritz

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:13:59 -0500, "P. Fritz"
the following was posted in blue
crayon:

It would not surprise me that someone would seriously advance a theroy
like that.......all you have to do is look at the president of harvard.
:-)

Ruh roh.
It's ok to gender bash but here's where we draw the line... no race
bashing, sexual orientation bashing, "other parent" bashing, and
absolutely no...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
'Kate bashing!
Thank you for your cooperation

I didn't say you were really advancing it!!!!!! :-)

'Kate
P.S. My oldest went to Harvard. Actually, she went to Boston &
thereabouts on vacation and took a picture by the gate to Harvard (and
she bought the T-shirt). :-)

Did that at the Guiness brewery in Dublin......does that count?

Old March 9th 05, 03:54 AM
Alex Nemeth

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 02:32:41 GMT, 'Kate wrote:

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:52:51 -0500, "P. Fritz"
the following was posted in blue
crayon:

I didn't say you were really advancing it!!!!!! :-)

Oh I know. But I was having so much fun playing that I just couldn't
stop!

P.S. My oldest went to Harvard. Actually, she went to Boston &
thereabouts on vacation and took a picture by the gate to Harvard (and
she bought the T-shirt). :-)

Did that at the Guiness brewery in Dublin......does that count?

Didya have a Guiness?
Didya hav fun?
Didya kiss the Blarney stone?
Isn't Ireland an island? How come they starved during the potato
famine when all they had to do was fish for food?
Find any leprechauns?
Pots of gold?
Faeries?
What's green and comes out in the spring?
spoiler.. scroll
.

,
,
,
,
,

,
,
,
,
,
,,,,

,
Patty 0'Furniture.

GROAN

Sad, huh?
Is it St. Patricks Day yet?

'Kate

Old March 23rd 05, 05:47 AM
Dad on the run

Kate you dont know me but I just wanted to say hello and wish you all
the luck in the world. Me and my 2 kids will keep you in our prayers .
Please take care of your self.

Oh by the way, my little girl is the protector in the family. She
defends her brother and makes hime eat good things, checks on him and
me too when we are sick! She can be a bit of a actress too . She had
all the males inthe family Me, Jason my son and my dad waiting on her
hand and foot when she had the flu last year! It was a riot! I love my
son dearly but my little girl has all of us wrapped around her little
finger.

Take care
Mark K