Toy Party!

Old March 23rd 05, 05:46 PM
Cele

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:27:11 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:30:17 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

We're gonna have such fun! It sounds like the perfect distraction for
after [sob] Paul goes home. I had an email from Edmonton today asking
how I feel about the last week in April. Does that sound like it'll
work for you guys? I have a lot of freedom here to pick when I go.

Cele

Sounds good to me, I should be back around the 13th anyways, unless my gf
kidnaps me, she wants me to stay so badly.

Australia's a hard place to leave, alright. :-) We had a wonderful
year there.

Have a great trip!

Cele

Ooo really? I didn't know you were there for that long. How were you able
to stay, did you have a work visa?

The Yukon Government sent me there at 70% salary to do my masters. I
have New Zealand citizenship and therefore was able to go to school at
local rates and to work while there, because NZ and Oz have an
agreement such things called the Trans Tasman agreement.

Cele
Old March 23rd 05, 10:08 PM
CME

"Cele" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:27:11 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Oh you lucky devil.

Hahaha I kill me.

Christine

Old March 23rd 05, 11:25 PM
Cele

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:08:56 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

The Yukon Government sent me there at 70% salary to do my masters. I
have New Zealand citizenship and therefore was able to go to school at
local rates and to work while there, because NZ and Oz have an
agreement such things called the Trans Tasman agreement.

Cele

Oh you lucky devil.

I was, yes. :-) A lot of things had to fall into alignment for it to
happen, and they did. T did grade 6 there and D did grade 10 in a
performing arts school, like the Fame school, called Newtown School of
the Performing Arts. She actually sang in the Sydney Opera House. It
was really a wonderful experience.

Have fun!

Cele
Old March 24th 05, 04:39 AM
CME

wrote:

The Yukon Government sent me there at 70% salary to do my masters. I
have New Zealand citizenship and therefore was able to go to school at
local rates and to work while there, because NZ and Oz have an
agreement such things called the Trans Tasman agreement.

Cele

Oh you lucky devil.

I was, yes. :-) A lot of things had to fall into alignment for it to
happen, and they did. T did grade 6 there and D did grade 10 in a
performing arts school, like the Fame school, called Newtown School of
the Performing Arts. She actually sang in the Sydney Opera House. It
was really a wonderful experience.

Have fun!

Cele

You missed my Tasmanian Devil quip.

Christine

Old March 24th 05, 05:55 AM
Cele

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 04:39:44 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The Yukon Government sent me there at 70% salary to do my masters. I
have New Zealand citizenship and therefore was able to go to school at
local rates and to work while there, because NZ and Oz have an
agreement such things called the Trans Tasman agreement.

Cele

Oh you lucky devil.

I was, yes. :-) A lot of things had to fall into alignment for it to
happen, and they did. T did grade 6 there and D did grade 10 in a
performing arts school, like the Fame school, called Newtown School of
the Performing Arts. She actually sang in the Sydney Opera House. It
was really a wonderful experience.

Have fun!

Cele

You missed my Tasmanian Devil quip.

Yep, you're right, I did. I must be slipping.

I'm so used to that phrase I don't really hear the individual words
anymore, I guess. LOL

Oh well.

Cele
Old March 24th 05, 07:19 PM
denanson

"CME" wrote in message

You missed my Tasmanian Devil quip.

I didn't :-)

Dennis

Old March 24th 05, 11:53 PM
CME

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message

You missed my Tasmanian Devil quip.

I didn't :-)

Dennis

Yay.

Hey didn't you and Freddy go to Australia a while back?

Christine

Old March 26th 05, 11:50 PM
denanson

"CME" wrote in message

"denanson" wrote in message

I didn't :-)

Yay.

Hey didn't you and Freddy go to Australia a while back?

Yeah, seems like a while now though, it was 2 1/2 years ago. Freddie still
gets exited when he sees the Sidney harbour bridge on television!
Middle son also joined us from his asian walkabout.
We stayed mainly in camp sites, hostels and with some long lost relations
and friends. The best bit was hiring a camper van and just taking off for a
couple of weeks. Think I may do the same for a couple of years when I
retire!

Have a great time there, Are the boys going too?

Dennis

Old March 27th 05, 05:31 AM
CME

"CME" wrote in message

"denanson" wrote in message

I didn't :-)

Yay.

Hey didn't you and Freddy go to Australia a while back?

Yeah, seems like a while now though, it was 2 1/2 years ago. Freddie still
gets exited when he sees the Sidney harbour bridge on television!
Middle son also joined us from his asian walkabout.
We stayed mainly in camp sites, hostels and with some long lost relations
and friends. The best bit was hiring a camper van and just taking off for
a couple of weeks. Think I may do the same for a couple of years when I
retire!

Have a great time there, Are the boys going too?

Dennis

Yeah we'll be staying with my best friend, she lives in Melbourne so I know
she has alot planned for us. I think a weekend in Sydney is on the books
too.

One thing I'm especially ****ed off about though is my travel agent
neglected to inform me I need a notarized letter stating I have full
custody. I leave Tuesday afternoon and I'm hoping some law firms are open
Monday otherwise I'm going to take my chances with their passports, birth
certificates (no father is listed) and hope they're old enough to vouch I'm
not kidnapping them. Wish me luck eh? Anyone out there have any experience
with this? I've taken them to the States with no problems by myself so it
really didn't occur to me.

Christine

Old March 31st 05, 07:35 PM
denanson

"CME" wrote in message

"denanson" wrote in message

[...]

I have travelled half the world with Freddie without that kind of
documentation. I usually just take his passport. As he has his own he cannot
be on either of his parents passports as well so the passport holder (me),
also controls his movements.
I have NEVER been asked for any other documentation or other proof of
custody but I did take a copy of the court custody award when I took him on
the long trip to Seattle, San Fran and Oz. No one ever asked for it though.

Melbourne is a great place. My middle son stayed there for a year after we
left. If the boys have never seen an ivac (?) movie then take them! The
museum was pretty good too. there was a Darwin section that had a glass case
full of skulls from monkey to modern man. Freddie was transfixed. He kept
going back to it. I explained to him about Darwins theory of evolution from
ape to man and the skulls gave him visual comfirmation. A few days later he
was back at school and his teacher did Adam and Eve during religion.
Apparantly when she said that we were all decended from Adam and Eve Freddie
told her that she was wrong because we were all decended from monkies and he
had seen the skulls to prove it!
Another parebnt told me this who had got it from their child in the same
class. Apparently the teacher was none to pleased. I though was delighted!

Bon Voyage!

Dennis