sudden dislike for solids

Old September 5th 03, 04:11 PM
ted

Default sudden dislike for solids

My DD turns 6 months old tomorrow. I've been giving her solids for a
month, once a day. I gave her rice, bananas, oatmeal, peaches, pears,
mango and avacado so far. Suddenly the past two days she doesn't want
to eat anymore. When she sees her special silver cup, she jumps all
over the place wanting to eat. She eats two spoons very
enthusiastically and then on goes 'prrrrrrr' blowing raspberries.
Yesterday I waited another hour before offering solids. She still did
that. Finally I just put her to bed and nursed. She however eats a bit
if I feed her with my finger instead of spoon. She also had 100 degree
temperature last night and this morning.

Do babies do this while teething? Or did she refuse solids just
because she had fever or she became bored of what was offered (oatmeal
and mommy milk)? I thought I would stop giving other foods until I
figure out what's causing her rash. That's why I was just giving her
only oatmeal. Rice constipates her like anything.

thanks.
Old September 5th 03, 06:18 PM
Larry McMahan

ted writes:

: Do babies do this while teething?

Yes. Both of ours would go completely off of solids for 2 - 3 days
when teething.

: Or did she refuse solids just
: because she had fever

Yes. Although this usually only lasted for a day or so.

: or she became bored of what was offered (oatmeal
: and mommy milk)?

We never had a problem with this.

: Rice constipates her like anything.

Duh! Yes!

: thanks.

Hope this helps,
Larry
Old September 5th 03, 06:50 PM
Nikki

ted wrote:

Do babies do this while teething? Or did she refuse solids just
because she had fever

Hunter went off solids for teething, colds, fevers, didn't take much. It
was never a problem. Some babies are just very fickle about solids and skip
meals (or days of solids at this early age) for hardly any reason at all.
Just continue to offer but don't worry about it if she doesn't want it.

Btw the rash and the fever it certainly seems like something is a little
off.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

More weird sudden pain... Jill Pregnancy 3 November 24th 03 04:42 PM
As a general statement I dislike cross posting BOXMAN, PHD Pregnancy 0 November 7th 03 12:27 AM
Sudden foot pain? J Pregnancy 8 October 31st 03 01:53 AM
Dentist uses Nitrous Oxide? Wendy Marsden General 255 October 2nd 03 09:44 PM
Dentist uses Nitrous Oxide? Wendy Marsden Kids Health 253 October 2nd 03 07:44 AM