PO'd!!

Old July 22nd 03, 04:47 PM
andrea

Default PO'd!!

Plissken" wrote in message
. ca... The local news here
in Vancouver BC just aired a news story about "The
dangers of co-sleeping with your baby". The title itself ****ed me off but
the story to follow really got me going. I tried to find a link but there

is
nothing on the website. Basically they were saying that co-sleeping wasn't
safe because a women who was exhausted rolled on top of her infant who
suffocated. The woman then stated that she was in hospital after an
exhausting labour delivery with her baby in a bassinet beside her bed when

nurse woke her up and placed the baby beside her while she was still

groggy.
She then fell back asleep and rolled on top of the baby. My heart goes out
to this woman but this has NOTHING to do with co-sleeping and everything

do with poor nursing practices. Who would place a baby beside a clearly
exhausted woman? The nurse should be fired! I think I shall send an email

the TV station. Rant over.

Nadene

I totally agree. Even when i'm extremely tired, I still wake up. One night I
woke up because Kams breathing pattern had changed. The baby lies on my arm,
then we sleep tummy to tummy facing each other. There's no way I can roll on
him that way.
I have partially co-slept with all of my children until each of them reached
12 months of age.
They sleep in the cot for part of the night, then spend the rest of it in
bed with me and DH. It makes breastfeeding so easy for me. Just latch the
baby on then doze back off. We are currently doing this with Kamron.

I would never give up co-sleeping, we have done this with all 5 of our
children.

I would email them with statments from women who back co-sleeping.
-
Andrea mom of -
Peter 7, Ellie 5, Alden 3, Joseph 21 mths & little munchie man Kamron 6
weeks weighing 13 lbs!
Married to David since 2000.
"

Old July 23rd 03, 03:31 AM
K.B.

I sleep with my baby too. I also slept with my other boys. The only problems
I've had was my first 2 boys fell out of bed. My #2 son twice. The second
time was right after eye surgery at 12 months and his eyes were bleeding all
over the place. It was bad. My husband works nights so there is nobody on
the other side. I do get so tired that I forget he's in bed sometimes. The
other night he was sleeping on my chest when I just rolled over and he fell
off me onto the bed. I'm glad he didn't fall on the floor. He's been up
every 2 to 3 hours all night to eat so I have been really tired. I haven't
had much sleep since he came home 3 months ago. I did get lucky last night
and he slept all night in his crib in my room. I was very confused when I
woke up.
I don't trust my husband in bed with us. He isn't aware of the baby when he
sleeps. It's so much easier to nurse him at night with him in bed.

That nurse should be fired. How horrible.
Kris