[ot] First unsupported steps!

Old January 22nd 04, 10:10 PM
Belphoebe

Default [ot] First unsupported steps!

Yesterday DS, 10.5 months, took his first two unsupported steps!

He was leaning against a piece of furniture, let go, and took a couple of
steps to get to the sofa, where he resumed holding on. (This was according
to DH's report--DS waited until I was in the shower to do this.)

Anyway, just wanted to share. . . .
--
Belphoebe

Old January 23rd 04, 04:35 AM
MonifromMarrs

put on your running shoes it wont be long now before he is going everywhere and
fast. Congratulations to you and your son. Moni
Old January 23rd 04, 02:16 PM
Belphoebe

MonifromMarrs wrote:
put on your running shoes it wont be long now before he is going
everywhere and fast. Congratulations to you and your son. Moni

Thanks. We're bracing ourselves.
--
Belphoebe

Old January 23rd 04, 08:18 PM
ted

"Belphoebe" wrote in message ...
Yesterday DS, 10.5 months, took his first two unsupported steps!

He was leaning against a piece of furniture, let go, and took a couple of
steps to get to the sofa, where he resumed holding on. (This was according
to DH's report--DS waited until I was in the shower to do this.)

Anyway, just wanted to share. . . .

aaawwwww It's so much fun watching them, isn't it
DD also does this from time to time. And I love all the clapping and
playing peekaboo. makes me feel my little girl is growing up too fast.
Old January 23rd 04, 10:59 PM
Kerry D

"Belphoebe" wrote in message ...
Yesterday DS, 10.5 months, took his first two unsupported steps!

He was leaning against a piece of furniture, let go, and took a couple of
steps to get to the sofa, where he resumed holding on. (This was according
to DH's report--DS waited until I was in the shower to do this.)

Anyway, just wanted to share. . . .

Look out world, here he comes! 8) We're at the same age (born March
1), and we've just mastered standing unsupported with our hands up in
the touchdown position, smiling for all the world to see. I'm not
sure if I can't wait until the walking begins or if I'm dreading how
tired I'm going to be already!

congrats!
Kerry
Old January 24th 04, 01:24 PM
Belphoebe

ted wrote:

aaawwwww It's so much fun watching them, isn't it
DD also does this from time to time. And I love all the clapping and
playing peekaboo. makes me feel my little girl is growing up too fast.

We just keep shaking our heads over all the rapid changes--in a good way, of
course.

DS now does things like bring a toy over to a parent if he wants us to play
with him using the toy. He pulls books and toys out of the boxes we use to
stow them, and he cracks himself up on a regular basis. It's amazing to
watch that personality emerge more and more.

--
Belphoebe

Old January 24th 04, 01:27 PM
Belphoebe

Kerry D wrote:
"Belphoebe" wrote in message

Look out world, here he comes! 8) We're at the same age (born March
1), and we've just mastered standing unsupported with our hands up in
the touchdown position, smiling for all the world to see. I'm not
sure if I can't wait until the walking begins or if I'm dreading how
tired I'm going to be already!

I know what you mean. It's so exciting, but every development brings new
worries, too. Fortunately, he's been learning to get himself up and down
fairly gracefully, minimizing he head-bumps he was inflicting on himself
when he first started pulling himself up. But I know that once he starts
walking unsupported on a regular basis, all bets are off once again.
--
Belphoebe