For those that care to know

Old November 26th 04, 01:23 AM
Betsy

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 05:26:52 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:47:23 GMT, "CME"
wrote:
You both realize you've used all of November's supply of "****".
We'll have to restock.

'Kate

LOL I'll go hit the truck stops and absorb some more.

Christine

Good work! Now we need to assemble the receiving department to stock
the supply! Anyone wanna get..... ?

'Kate

My fiance will be visiting for Christmas...does that count??

Betsy

Old November 26th 04, 01:28 AM
Betsy

"Purchgdss" wrote in message

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:41:32 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
news On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:35:08 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

Ok poor choice of words on my part, hurt would have been better... but
you
have a valid point. I guess for myself, I only trust and care about a
small
number of people and what they really think of me. If anyone here
were
judge and for me to be hurt by their assessment simply wouldn't
happen.
only show people small glimpses of who I *really* am online and it's
not
that I have any fear it's just not something I do because I have
become
hardened by experience. I just think it's sad you'd let someone, even
someone you respected, keep you away from a place you've become a
valued
part of.

Christine

((((( Christine )))))

I wish others would stop teaching us that it's wrong to be who we are.
That's their bad. Ours is to let it hurt us so much that we can never
open up enough to let others in again... even if that takes time.

I enjoy the little bits that you show of yourself. You cared enough to
ask why.

'Kate

Ah well thanks. ~Blushing~ Yeah I've come to care about you too, as
well
as
Joelle and it got my back up thinking someone hurt her. RAAAAAAAAAR. lol

Oh and Cele, I didn't mean to pass judgement on her feelings, or say she
should live her life a certain way, I was just surprised is all and
wanted
to share my take on it.

Christine

That sounds like you didn't mean to hurt her?

Well, IME, when you hurt someone by accident, an apology seems to be
the best course.

If you don't apologise, they generally assume it was deliberate.

Cele

Wrong Christine eh?

Christine

I feel I have no reason to apologize. I never called her the emotionally
inflamative word she chose to use. That was wholly of her own
histrionics.

I find it amazing that until her post *claiming* I called her a Nazi, no
one
had a clue that she would even be upset. Obviously no one else had a
problem
with our "disagreement" (which I never knew we had) until almost 2 MONTHS
after
the fact.

Her parting post in response to ME was a slam at Cele...... Good LORD.....
and
her return post was intended to vilify me for something I didn't do.
(dammit, I
do enough on my own, I don't need credit where no credit is due! - LOL)

Usually when I feel inappropriately criticized or "hurt" by something
someone
says to me, I will examine why it was. Does it have a grain of truth? If
so,
does it bear further examination. What of my insecurities allowed this to
hurt
me in some fashion? If not, I can't be hurt by something that is
unfounded.
Had Joelle come out and said "I take offense to being referred to as
taking on
the role of the KGB", I would have further explained my position (where I
believed that her attitude toward counselling teens in her ministry - that
SHE
brought into the discussion - "I don't care if they tell me or not" was
detrimental to her relationship with those members) or bowed out of the
discussion with "let's agree to disagree" (not likely, but it HAS
happened).

I also resent the passive-aggressiveness in which this was addressed. If
have a problem with anyone, I surely won't (and DON'T) take the
underhanded and
immature way of addressing everyone else or allowing them to "fight" my
battles
or beg for an apology for an *imagined* slight for me.

Truth be told, this running commentary has shown me a lot about Joelle.
She
*isn't* direct or "up-front" as I thought, *is* afraid of discussion in
which
she has to "defend" her position, and a kindergarten grade manipulator.
(and
YES that is a direct confrontation).

I, too, had respected her differing opinions although I didn't agree with
many
of them (must be the cursed "liberal" in me). But it made for interesting
and
thought-provoking commentary. Now, however, that is tainted by the
grade-school attempts to "turn the clique against me". eyeroll

Christine, I'm sorry you got caught in the passive-aggressive crossfire
directed at me.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine

Actually, I don't see that as what happened at all. Joelle made a comment
that she was upset. The fact that others came to her defense was their
choice. She did nothing to encourage them. Everyone has a right to their
own opinions. I think you might be reading a bit more into it than there
is.

Betsy

Old November 26th 04, 04:20 AM
steveb

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:36:45 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

Sadly no, I bathe and don't sport a gut, although I do look hot in a ball
cap.

Yeah ... I know you are an attractive woman ... I also have seen you
post much better stuff than you have recently

steveb
Old November 26th 04, 05:10 AM
CME

wrote:

Sadly no, I bathe and don't sport a gut, although I do look hot in a ball
cap.

Yeah ... I know you are an attractive woman ... I also have seen you
post much better stuff than you have recently

steveb

You know what? That's not up to you to decide so if you don't like my
input, gloss over it like I do yours.

Christine

Old November 26th 04, 05:19 AM
steveb

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 05:10:39 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

That's not up to you to decide so if you don't like my
input, gloss over it like I do yours.

you so don't ignore me

*smooch*
Old November 26th 04, 06:29 AM
CME

wrote:

That's not up to you to decide so if you don't like my
input, gloss over it like I do yours.

you so don't ignore me

*smooch*

Not when your posts are directed at me, but I think I'll change my mind on
that now.

Christine

Old November 26th 04, 08:58 PM
Betsy

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:23:39 GMT, "Betsy" wrote:

My fiance will be visiting for Christmas...does that count??

Betsy

LOL... I think it just might.

'Kate

Well then...I guess I'll volunteer...

Betsy

Old November 27th 04, 02:40 PM
P. Fritz

wrote:

Sadly no, I bathe and don't sport a gut, although I do look hot in a

ball
cap.

Yeah ... I know you are an attractive woman ... I also have seen you
post much better stuff than you have recently

steveb

You know what? That's not up to you to decide so if you don't like my
input, gloss over it like I do yours.

Christine

stevey still can't comprehend what a unmoderated NG is.

Old November 27th 04, 04:05 PM
steveb

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:40:02 -0500, "P. Fritz"
wrote:

stevey still can't comprehend what a unmoderated NG is.

You are sounding tired Paul, and *old* ... are you well?