what are you eating??

Old January 26th 04, 05:06 PM
ted

Default what are you eating??

I think I hit the phase where I'm constantly hungry. Really ravenously
hungry. I eat a bowl of oatmeal in the morning (a good habit I
retained from my bfing days). Now it doesn't last longer than two
hours. I could be good and eat fruits when I'm hungry but that kinda
grows old very fast. What do you munch/eat/chew/gulp when you're
hungry? I want to eat well but not too boring. Looking for ideas.

TIA.
Old January 26th 04, 05:41 PM
toypup

"ted" wrote in message
om...
I think I hit the phase where I'm constantly hungry. Really ravenously
hungry. I eat a bowl of oatmeal in the morning (a good habit I
retained from my bfing days). Now it doesn't last longer than two
hours. I could be good and eat fruits when I'm hungry but that kinda
grows old very fast. What do you munch/eat/chew/gulp when you're
hungry? I want to eat well but not too boring. Looking for ideas.

I find things with fats and protein to be more satiating. Do you eat meat,
eggs or cheese? That might help.

Old January 26th 04, 05:58 PM
Jamie Clark

I used to love to eat a good crisp fuji apple cut up into slices or cubes,
with some vanilla yogurt on top. Hmmm. Or apple and peanut butter. Or
some cheese. I agree that you might need to eat some protein, which stays
in your system longer and keeps you feeling satisfied longer.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old January 26th 04, 06:17 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

It's not the best for you, but I handled a period of ravenous hunger by
buying two containers of slim jims and pigging them down over a period
of two days. That really worked and it was a better idea than eating
that industrial sized tiramisu mousse cake from Costco I kept
fantasizing about.

I'd suggest adding some egg to your breakfast. The protein will help
keep you through the day.

Old January 26th 04, 07:22 PM
Jill

I love pot roast- I cook a large one with plenty of potatoes and carrots and
tender beef and keep that handy, it's quick to dig out a helping and reheat.

I also love fruit. I try to keep vegetable and side dishes cooked as well. I
have been craving those boxed scalloped potatoes lately- the kind where you
boil them in water and add the sauce packet. I have also been eating cereal
in 2% milk a lot.

I have had my share of junk though, probably too much....I drink a couple of
sugary sodas a day because they taste good to me- Orange Crush and Grape
soda etc. I also crave Wavy Lays Hidden Valley Ranch potato chips. And I
crave McDonald's french fries. I try to balance it out! But I had to give in
to my cravings. Oddly I still haven't gained on the scales but my stomach is
certainly out there!! I have Feb through April to gain, then I will be due 2
weeks later...my stomach is like a basketball!

Old January 26th 04, 07:47 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Jill wrote:

I have had my share of junk though, probably too much....I drink a couple of
sugary sodas a day because they taste good to me- Orange Crush and Grape

What IS it about orange crush? I had to have it this pregnancy too. I
can't drink more than one a day though or I get sugar buzzed.

Old January 26th 04, 08:05 PM
Christine

What do you munch/eat/chew/gulp

everything.....anything........LOL.......

my OB was a little concerned, well not really concened, but wanted to
know if I was feeling ok because I didnt gain ANY weight at
all.......LOL....now the scale says 130....now i'm scared she'll yell at
me, all i want to do is eat!
and this just started in the last month....

But heres an idea...you said you like oatmeal....YUM...try instant cream
of wheat =91=91peaches and cream=92=92 or any other flavor....soooooo
Good!!!!!

Old January 26th 04, 08:15 PM
Christine

I love pot roast-

I got one slow cooking right now...;-)

Its starting to smell really good in here now!

Old January 26th 04, 08:34 PM
Sue

I remember all I craved was Hagen Daaz ice cream and cantaloupe. I tried to
eat a variety of healthy things, but once those cravings took over.... it
was hard to think of anything else. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

om...

Old January 26th 04, 09:01 PM
Carol Ann

: I think I hit the phase where I'm constantly hungry. Really ravenously
: hungry. I eat a bowl of oatmeal in the morning (a good habit I
: retained from my bfing days). Now it doesn't last longer than two
: hours. I could be good and eat fruits when I'm hungry but that kinda
: grows old very fast. What do you munch/eat/chew/gulp when you're
: hungry? I want to eat well but not too boring. Looking for ideas.
:
: TIA.

I eat everything bad for me. Geez. I hope that stops soon!!!

I don't eat land animals and I've been told to limit certain fish from my
diet, so I tend to eat allot of grilled cheese sandwiches, soup, salad...

My diet isn't very healthy. I do eat lots of veggies and fruits, though.
I'm fruitaholic.

I love to much on celery sticks and blue cheese dressing and popcorn. I
like the crunch factor.

~Carol Ann