club foot

Old January 9th 04, 05:02 AM
Olivia Moran

Default club foot

Hello,
I have been searching for people who have any experience with babies with
club foot
My son was born July 2003 with club foot(just the right foot).He has gone
through the process of casting for 6 weeks,this week he has been wearing the
Denis Browne shoes(splint) He is so miserable not sleeping at night and
during the day he wont move it's terrible I feel so sorry for him.He gets so
mad with these shoes he also is crying allot
If anyone has suggestions with making baby happier with these shoes I would
so much appreciate the input

Thankyou
Olivia

Old January 9th 04, 10:18 PM
P. G. Chavez

Olivia Moran wrote and I snipped:

I have been searching for people who have any experience with babies with
club foot
My son was born July 2003 with club foot(just the right foot).

Joy, who has posted here in the past, has a daughter who was born with a
club foot. I quote here from one of her 2003 posts as found on Google
Groups:

"Would you be interested in talking to other folks who have
babies/children with clubfeet? There is a couple groups at
www.yahoogroups.com One is called cluboot and the other is
nosurgery4clubfoot (the one I'm mostly on when I get a chance to post).
There is also a Clubfoot board at www.parentsplace.com"

She also includes her daugher's web site in her sig:

http://community.webtv.net/joybelle15/ROSESCLUBFOOTPAGE

If I was in your position, I'd start with these resources.

Good luck,
-Patty, mom to Corinne (5.5y) and Nathan (3.5y)
and stepmom to Victoria (13.5y)
Old January 10th 04, 12:17 AM
Joy

Olivia,
My daughter Rose was born with a clubfoot (almost 5 years ago now!!),
and her story is the link below. Please, please write to me, and we can
talk more. Otherwise, there are a couple of great support groups if you
are interested.

Yahoogroups has several groups.
helpful for advice on the dbb) and
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubfoot are two. I hope I got the
correct addresses!

Parentsplace also has a message board called Club Foot.

The dbb is a difficult transition for babies to make. Work with your
little one to teach him to kick his feet together. There also might be
a problem. Does he have blisters forming? Is his foot down completely
in the shoes?

Please feel free to write to me!! Or especially join
or So much
info and support is available!

Joy

Rose's story:

http://community.webtv.net/joybelle15/ROSESCLUBFOOTPAGE

Old January 10th 04, 12:21 AM
Joy

Joy, who has posted here in the past, has a
daughter who was born with a club foot. I
quote here from one of her 2003 posts as
found on Google Groups:

Patty,
Thank you so much for posting the info! I didn't see your message till
after I replied to the OP. I very much appreciate your taking the
time!!

Joy

http://community.webtv.net/joybelle15/ROSESCLUBFOOTPAGE

Children's Book-of-the-Month Club (U.S.A.) Sara General 5 January 5th 04 01:37 AM
Sudden foot pain? J Pregnancy 8 October 31st 03 01:53 AM
Clubbed foot question Shelly Pregnancy 5 July 13th 03 11:46 PM