Insomnia

Old May 3rd 04, 10:57 PM
Cherie

Default Insomnia

Insomnia - I don't seem to recall having it so bad with my previous
pregnancy but I swear I am awake half the night. Tossing and turning,
tossing and turning. I have a body pillow and plenty of other pillows
surrounding me during the night so its not a comfort thing, I just cant
sleep. I get on the computer but that doesn't make me sleepy. I read but I
have been reading some really good books lately so once I start reading I
don't want to stop. I still have 3 months of being pregnant and then no
telling how long until the baby sleeps thru the night (it took DS 1 year to
sleep thru the night - yikes lets hope its no where near that this time)
Thank goodness I am a SAHM, don't know what I would do if I had to wake up
and go to work. Any suggestions for a good night rest?

Cherie
mom to Jakob (21 months)
baby Grace - EDD 8/6/2004

Old May 3rd 04, 11:12 PM
M Wayne

I wish I had a suggestion for you -- I'd take it myself! I'm due at the end
of July and am also dealing with insomnia and not getting much sleep. I
build my little pillow fort and get as comfy as possible, but still get achy
in the ribs and hips, which results in lots of tossing and turning (and
pillow rearranging). Plus there's the issue of having to get up to pee 3x a
night. And little Harry is now doing kung-fu in my belly all night, so
that's certainly not helping me sleep. :-)

Old May 3rd 04, 11:36 PM
Mary W.

Cherie wrote:
Insomnia - I don't seem to recall having it so bad with my previous
pregnancy but I swear I am awake half the night. Tossing and turning,
tossing and turning. I have a body pillow and plenty of other pillows
surrounding me during the night so its not a comfort thing, I just cant
sleep. I get on the computer but that doesn't make me sleepy. I read but I
have been reading some really good books lately so once I start reading I
don't want to stop. I still have 3 months of being pregnant and then no
telling how long until the baby sleeps thru the night (it took DS 1 year to
sleep thru the night - yikes lets hope its no where near that this time)
Thank goodness I am a SAHM, don't know what I would do if I had to wake up
and go to work. Any suggestions for a good night rest?

Books on tape. THis has really helped me. For some reason, TV, reading
and computer all keep me up, but having a book read to me in a dark
quiet room, puts me out. I use a walk man and earphones to not disturb
DH.

Mary

Old May 3rd 04, 11:47 PM
ChitaShines

Cherie wrote:
Insomnia - I don't seem to recall having it so bad with my previous
pregnancy but I swear I am awake half the night. Tossing and turning,
tossing and turning.

I would always go downstairs for a cup of warm milk. It didn't always help,
but sometimes it did. I emphathize with you. I had insomnia pretty bad
right around the month you're at. Fortunately it didn't interfere too
terribly with my work days.

Old May 4th 04, 04:34 AM
zolw

Insomnia is a word I have become way too familiar with.

My belly is getting bigger. I have no clue how to use pillows (I think
they just made my life more miserable) .

So at the beginning of my pregnancy i had no belly, but I could not
sleep. Then i developed the belly & still can't sleep. I am cursed I
guess.

Between the nightmares, the stuffy nose (bleedy too), the snoring (that
actually wakes me up), the bed being incredibly uncomfortable suddenly &
my sleep becoming so light (It has always been light, but not that much)
that my husband's movments during sleep wake me up. I am just about
ready to pop our little girl out. ) I have had enough. I want to go
bac to being me.

Mona
due 07-31-04

Old May 4th 04, 01:02 PM
melizabeth

I'm with you...insomnia has crept up on me again. No clue what to do...have
tried the warm milk, which is great for extra calcium, but doesn't help me
sleep.

--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true

Old May 4th 04, 01:26 PM
Sophie

"Cherie" wrote in message
[...]

I'm the same way. I swear I see every hour on the clock starting with 11 pm
when I go to bed, through till 6 am. Sometimes I don't see 2 am but that's
it - lol.
I haven't changed anything in my routine. I do know having to get up to pee
all the time is getting really old.

Old May 5th 04, 04:32 AM
SBA

I just came back from my doctors appointment yesterday .

I had asked if taking the supplement Melatonin was safe to use during
pregnancy .
He said it was absolutely safe and he himself takes it every night .
So I bought a bottle of 3mg Melatonin at my local Wal-Mart Supercenter .
I take 1 tablet 30 minutes before bedtime, Usually after my bath/shower .
I also take my regular Prenatal vitamins, Vitamin E 200 IU, Selenium 200mcg,
Calcium/Magnesium softgels, and a OMEGA 3-6-9 Supplement . All of this was
bought at Wal-Mart and the doctor approves .
I always take the vitamins after eating and with water .

I hope this helps

Samantha C.
Oklahoma

Insomnia...AGAIN!! Carol Ann Pregnancy 6 March 15th 04 09:21 PM
Pregnancy insomnia Donna Pregnancy 1 March 4th 04 07:13 PM