Sippy Cups...

Old April 27th 04, 08:31 AM
HollyLewis

Default Sippy Cups...

At this
point, before I spend any money on sippy cups, we're going to try not using
the handles on the Avents. But, it seems like the leak is coming from the
threads, whether the handle is there or not. We'll see.

Try leaving the ring screwed on more *loosely*. It's counter-intuitive, but
Avent bottles and cups all seem to leak when the ring is on tight. (The rings
crack too easily, too, and for some reason you can't buy replacement ones the
way you can buy replacement nipples, spouts, lids, handles, etc. Drives us
nuts, since we cracked quite a few of them before realizing we were
overtightening them.)

DS uses the Avent cups with the sport top (the new yellow somewhat straw-like
spouts) and some First Years (I *think* they're First Years) cups with the
built-in valve and flip top cover, which work well for us. But we're only
using them to send to preschool in his lunch bag; at home we don't really need
nonspill ones, haven't for some time.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old April 29th 04, 01:50 PM
AGreen1209

We've always just used the Playtex sippy cups - they have insulated cups that
keep drinks cool longer, and a little holder in the lid for the valve when the
cup is in the dishwasher.

I also have some of the disposable plastic cups that I bought at Wal Mart - no
valve, but no leaks. They are nice for trips because they cost next to nothing
and if they get really messy, we can throw them away.

Amanda

Old May 6th 04, 04:47 PM
Irene

"toypup" wrote in message news:EYfjc.37886$GR.5152316@attbi_s01...
"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
ink.net...
I don't think she meant put the lid on upside down, I think she meant turn
the whole sippy cup upside down, that it would leak.

Yes, that's what I meant. And I checked - they are The First Years,
too.

Oh, well, it doesn't leak like that, either. :-p

Maybe not if it is just turned upside-down, but if you shake it, it
will!

About the top coming off when it is thrown - it didn't happen every
time, but a few times, it must have hit at the right angle to pop the
lid off. I guess you got lucky. ;-)

Irene