Milupa First Milk

Old May 6th 04, 12:58 PM
Nike

Default Milupa First Milk

Hi, I started using milupa first milk (infant) for my boy few days ago. He
throw up some milk. But, yesterday was the worst, especially on the night
time, until the milk came out from his nose, and my mum suck it (she worried
it will disturb him). Anybody going through the same thing? I called my
health visitor, but, she cant give me satisfaction answer. I'm really
worried beside that felt so useless as well. It's not as if i don't want to
do breastfeeding, if I can produce much milk I will surely do that. But, I
can't produce much milk I cried last night, and make me throw tantrum at
my husband as well. I hope you can help me, tell me your experience or maybe
advice. Thank you..

Old May 6th 04, 06:51 PM
Larry McMahan

Nike writes:
: Hi, I started using milupa first milk (infant) for my boy few days ago. He
: throw up some milk. But, yesterday was the worst, especially on the night
: time, until the milk came out from his nose, and my mum suck it (she worried
: it will disturb him). Anybody going through the same thing? I called my
: health visitor, but, she cant give me satisfaction answer. I'm really
: worried beside that felt so useless as well. It's not as if i don't want to
: do breastfeeding, if I can produce much milk I will surely do that. But, I
: can't produce much milk I cried last night, and make me throw tantrum at
: my husband as well. I hope you can help me, tell me your experience or maybe
: advice. Thank you..

How old is your baby? How do you know you can't produce enough milk
to nurse your baby? Have you been nursing exclusively before giving
him the formula a few days ago? Did you know that there are things
you can do to increase your milk supply? What have you done to
increase your milk supply? Have you seen a lactation consultant?
Babies often have a bad reaction to such foreign proteins as are in
formula, this is just one of the reasons why breastfeeding is better.
Finally, have you ever had breast reduction or augmentation surgery?

Please provide as detailed answers to the questions above, and we
will try to help you. You should also post to misc.kids.breastfeeding.
There are a lot of mothers there who have a lot of experience
overcoming just the kinds of problems you are facing.

In the short term, here are some things you can to do increase your
milk supply.

1. Drink plenty of water. At least a 12 oz glass (350 ml) every
two hours. Do NOT substitute caffinated beverages. Just water.

2. Get plenty of rest. Let hubby do the cleaning, cooking,
shopping, etc. Just rest and nurse the baby. Nap every time the
baby does. Spend most of your time in bed with the baby.

3. Nurse as frequently and as long as possible. Do NOT try to
stick to a schedule. Nurse the baby whenever it wants to nurse.
Don't wait for it to cry. Latch on as soon as it starts to root.
Let the baby comfort nurse, don't latch him off until he want to.
If you have problems with sore nipples, use lansinoh or some other
good ointment. Let the baby sleep with you in your bed at night
and nurse. Try to learn to latch the baby on and sleep while the
baby nurses. You milk production is highest at night.

4. Take dietary or herbal remedies to increase milk production.
Eat oatmeal (porridge). A double serving for breakfast. Take
fenugreek capsules, 3 600mg capsules 3 x daily. You can get them
at a health food store.

Good luck,
Larry

Milk and toddlers Shelley W. General 10 January 8th 04 06:33 PM
Do they use organic milk making formulas? dodo General 15 January 7th 04 09:48 AM
Baby won't accept breast milk bottle after attempting formula - help! dejablues General 9 December 24th 03 11:12 AM
Study finds flame-retardant chemical in U.S. breast milk Maxie P. Diddly Pregnancy 0 September 24th 03 12:38 AM
working link to Today's Parent article Corrine Pregnancy 4 September 22nd 03 05:39 PM