29 Week OB Check Up Results

Old January 6th 04, 05:20 PM
Carol Ann

Default 29 Week OB Check Up Results

Well, here I am 29+ weeks along. Already!

My BP was good. My weight is at 22lbs up total which is within range. I am
scheduled for the Glucose Blood Test this week.

Hmm....we discussed shaving down there. She said it was my choice.

She recommended a Pediatrician since I don't know any AND I wanted a female.
I selected a mother/daughter team.

We discussed how often she does C Sections. She says she really prefers
vaginal deliveries and will only opt for the C Section when medically
necessary.

We discussed pain meds, my chest/back acne, tube tying and breastfeeding. I
will have meds, my acne should go away after birth, I'm not getting tied and
am taking a class on breastfeeding.

I begin all my prenatal classes tomorrow and am very excited.

I guess that is it. The girl is certainly active. Moves all the time now.
Really a miraculous process. I hate for it to end (she says at 29 weeks,
but will probably change her tune in a month or two!).

LOL!

~Carol Ann

Old January 6th 04, 05:34 PM
Dagny

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
link.net...
snip
Hmm....we discussed shaving down there. She said it was my choice.

snip

I can't believe you actually talked about that. Who does that anymore? Who
*wants* that? I'm smacking my head in disbelief.

CA I'm *so* glad your preg is going well -- and your weight gain is perfect!

-- Dagny

Old January 6th 04, 06:26 PM
Clisby

Dagny wrote:
"Carol Ann" wrote in message
link.net...
snip

Hmm....we discussed shaving down there. She said it was my choice.

snip

I can't believe you actually talked about that. Who does that anymore? Who
*wants* that? I'm smacking my head in disbelief.

I thought the same thing! I didn't think *anybody* did that nowadays.

Clisby

Old January 6th 04, 08:37 PM
Coccinella

WOW Carol Ann,
it's really an exciting time. Let us know how the prenatal class goes. I am
starting mine next week.
Good luck for your glucose test.

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 7th 04, 02:52 AM
Carol Ann

:: snip
::: Hmm....we discussed shaving down there. She said it was my choice.
:::
::: snip
::
:: I can't believe you actually talked about that. Who does that anymore?
Who
:: *wants* that? I'm smacking my head in disbelief.
::
:: CA I'm *so* glad your preg is going well -- and your weight gain is
perfect!
::
:: -- Dagny

I was curious after seeing some online births. I do not want to look as
"unkempt" as what I saw. At this point, I can't see myself to shave, so
I've been giving myself a "cut" with comb and scissors.

I admit to being embarrassed discussing it, but I wanted to know about
having a bikini wax. I know I will not shave, but I definitely want to be
"manicured". YIKES! I still can't believe I'm typing about it!

LOL!

~Carol Ann

Old January 7th 04, 02:52 AM
Carol Ann

"Clisby" wrote in message ::: snip
:::
:::: Hmm....we discussed shaving down there. She said it was my choice.
::::
:::: snip
:::
:::
::: I can't believe you actually talked about that. Who does that anymore?
Who
::: *wants* that? I'm smacking my head in disbelief.
:::
::
:: I thought the same thing! I didn't think *anybody* did that nowadays.
::
:: Clisby

She said she doesn't but would if I wanted it.

LOL!

~Carol Ann

Old January 7th 04, 02:53 AM
Carol Ann

::: Hmm....we discussed shaving down there. She said it was my choice.
::
:: Did your doctor bring this issue up, or is it one you were wondering
:: about? Most doctors won't do it as a matter of routine, but if a
:: patient prefers it, I guess they would.
::
:: Nan

I brought it up.

~Carol Ann

Old January 7th 04, 04:28 AM
Dagny

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
:: snip
[...]

So the explanation is that you were concerned about -- You're hysterical --
a normal thing during pregnancy --

-- Dagny

Old January 7th 04, 03:53 PM
Sophie

I was curious after seeing some online births. I do not want to look as
"unkempt" as what I saw. At this point, I can't see myself to shave, so
I've been giving myself a "cut" with comb and scissors.

That sounds down right dangerous - lol. Why don't you try hair clippers and
the bathroom mirror or a full length mirror?

I admit to being embarrassed discussing it, but I wanted to know about
having a bikini wax. I know I will not shave, but I definitely want to be
"manicured". YIKES! I still can't believe I'm typing about it!

LOL!

~Carol Ann

Do you need to be able to see your bikini area to shave there? I don't.

Old January 7th 04, 04:35 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Carol Ann wrote:

I was curious after seeing some online births. I do not want to look as
"unkempt" as what I saw. At this point, I can't see myself to shave, so
I've been giving myself a "cut" with comb and scissors.

I admit to being embarrassed discussing it, but I wanted to know about
having a bikini wax. I know I will not shave, but I definitely want to be
"manicured". YIKES! I still can't believe I'm typing about it!

I don't even shave my legs when I go to the doctor. I can't imagine
caring enough to groom *there*.

But then, I haven't even shaved my pits since the last time I went
swimming (about 2 years ago). I get terrible red bumpy rashes in my
armpits & other skin creasing areas if I shave them. (I can't say I've
EVER shaved DOWN THERE but I have been known to trim during AF just to
keep things easier to clean. If I trim too short I itch terribly, which
is more embarassing IMHO.)

DH thinks my fuzz is sexy and tries to pet it, lol. I don't care what
anyone else thinks, especially my dr. Good lord, I'm sure she's seen it all.

misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 15th 03 09:43 AM
misc.kids FAQ on the Pregnancy AFP Screen and the Triple Screen [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 15th 03 09:42 AM
My 23 week check up Carol Ann Pregnancy 23 December 5th 03 04:40 AM
37 week cervical check chris Pregnancy 4 September 30th 03 01:42 AM
33 Week Appt--complaining, mostly! GoofeeGyrl Pregnancy 11 July 31st 03 04:12 AM