Just realized I forgot..

Old May 5th 04, 06:31 PM
Jill

Default Just realized I forgot..

...to schedule a consult with a pediatrician! I need to line one up before
delivery so the one I plan to see can attend...So I just now called and set
up an appointment with the ped. office that is in the same building as my
beloved primary care physician (different group of doctors, not the same
office, just next door). If I like this place it will be convenient. Also
this place is open 364 days a year except for Christmas and supposedly
always accepts same-day-sick workins and has weekend hours and evening
hours. They have 3 locations around here, and I think you might have to be
flexible enough to go to a different office at some of the off hours, but as
long as someone can see you and they are good, that's ok by me, it's so hard
to find just ONE doctor to deal with anymore.

The midwife just told me to get set up with one as long as I don't totally
hate them from the consult, she said to pick at *first* based on their
availability to me based on their hours and how accessible they are by phone
for answering questions etc. Oh-- this office also has a full time lactation
consultant on staff, I like that! Anyway the midwife told me I very well may
change anyway after I deal with a place for a while, so she said at least
worry more at first about a place with a good reputation that will be
accessible to me, rather than finding the perfect doctor from the start.

So I am seeing them Tuesday the 11th, first thing in the morning. I hope
that's not too late, it's a few days before my EDD, yikes...I kick myself
for waiting to the last minute!! It completely slipped my mind.

Old May 5th 04, 09:48 PM
Carol Ann

..to schedule a consult with a pediatrician!

snip

So I am seeing them Tuesday the 11th, first thing in the morning. I hope
that's not too late, it's a few days before my EDD, yikes...I kick myself
for waiting to the last minute!! It completely slipped my mind.

I had forgotten, too. I skip the consult and just selected one based on
recommendation from friends.

I chose a place that has many doctors (Rivertown Pediatrics) so that I could
always have one available.

I selected one doctor, but by the time I made my 2 week appointment, I
decided to see another one. Go figure.

I am so happy for you Jill! It's almost time! Woo-hoo.

How are you feeling about it all??

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/299ot ---Pictures of Morgan

Old May 6th 04, 06:07 PM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote

How are you feeling about it all??

Ready, but so nervous!! All I really want is a healthy baby and a safe
delivery. Everything else comes second. But I feel like everything is all
ready and I am just waiting...waiting....waiting....on the days I feel ok
it's not so bad. I could go past my due date and be ok, on the days I feel
ok. But some days I wake up feeling queasy and then I will be nauseous all
day, have bad heartburn all day, achey hands and feet, headachey etc. Then
other days I wake up and feel as good as I ever have pregnant. On those days
it's just a matter of puttering around the house, reading, and doing
whatever to keep my mind occupied!

I've been sleeping ok at night. And tearing up at babies in commercials! I
feel ready, but overwhelmed!

Jill