Is this proper?

Old November 11th 05, 12:08 AM
Tracy

Default Is this proper?

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Henry" wrote in message
7.142...
wrote in news:1131520363.905872.44500
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

snip

I have often thought that CS should go into a 3rd party-runned bank
account. Perhaps that would be a better use of the FRO (Ontario's CS
office)... but, anyway. Both parents contribute based on their

incomes.
Receipts are turned in, and a cheque (refund) issued. It would be

better
if their was a debit card or something. Each parent could only spend

up
to a certain limit. Large items get dispursed over many months.

Oh? Suppose they aren't BILLED over many months - perfect example, my
child was injured by another student, and the bills are mounting -
hospital, CAT scans, x-Rays, dentist, doctor and counselling to deal

with
the aftermath -

Oh, my gosh, Moon, that's terrible!! I'd ask if everything is ok, but
obviously, it's not. I hope there is no permanent damage. Was this a
purposeful injury, or an accident?

We're not quite sure how or why it happened - she was walking down the

hall
to her class, he came up in her face (this is shown on the security

video),
she brushed him aside and continued on her way (this is shown on the

video),
he turned, chased her down and shoved her from behind. She turned, stood
her ground, he shoved her down once, she got up again, some more pushing,
and he clocked her.

According to the local constabulary, it's being referred to the DA for
charging.

I hope he is charged and is not allowed to re-enter the school. Violence
shouldn't be tolerated in schools.

Meanwhile, we wait, and try to deal with it all - the latest is that the
inside of her cheek is infected, from where her teeth cut into it when he
punched her.

Me, I'm grateful he didn't have a weapon, or it could have been so so much
worse.

Thanks, Teach - it's been a tough couple of weeks, but little by little,
we're getting back to some semblance of normal - the bruises on her face

are
almost gone...

You should see if the kid has a history of violence at the school. If so,
the school may be responsible for some of the costs associated to your
daughter's recovery & medical treatments. I hope she'll recover soon and be
back to her normal self.

Tracy

Old November 11th 05, 07:48 AM
Moon Shyne

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Henry" wrote in message
[...]

He got a 4 day suspension, and returned to school

Meanwhile, we wait, and try to deal with it all - the latest is that the
inside of her cheek is infected, from where her teeth cut into it when he
punched her.

Me, I'm grateful he didn't have a weapon, or it could have been so so
much
worse.

Thanks, Teach - it's been a tough couple of weeks, but little by little,
we're getting back to some semblance of normal - the bruises on her face

are
almost gone...

You should see if the kid has a history of violence at the school.

Far as I can tell, he's been a behavioral problem through 7th anf 8th grade
as well

If so,
the school may be responsible for some of the costs associated to your
daughter's recovery & medical treatments.

I spoke with 2 attorneys - and they both said no, though I have the
information about who to send the bills to, to try to get it put on the
school's property insurance, since it happened during school.

I can also apply for restitution, and hope the judge orders it

I hope she'll recover soon and be
back to her normal self.

Me too- thanks, Tracy

Tracy

Is this proper? Tracy Child Support 1 November 4th 05 05:08 PM
Is this proper? [email protected] Child Support 6 November 4th 05 09:58 AM
KA: Was a proper investigation done before removing a child from a home? Dusty Child Support 3 April 2nd 05 09:38 PM
Crucial for Children to Receive Proper Nutrition [email protected] General 1 March 23rd 04 02:09 PM
Crucial for Children to Receive Proper Nutrition [email protected] Kids Health 1 March 23rd 04 02:09 PM