if i drink formula will i have more milk?

Old June 8th 07, 06:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected][_2_]

Default if i drink formula will i have more milk?

it sounds so simple, would this work? i would like to increase my
expressing capacity. thx

Old June 8th 07, 06:38 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

wrote in message
ps.com...
it sounds so simple, would this work? i would like to increase my
expressing capacity. thx

I have a feeling it doesn't work like that...

Best way to increase is by doing it as much as possible. Also, many say a
bowl of oatmeal a day works great, as does fenugreek and that one tea, I
think it is? Thistle something rather?
Also, eating a proper, balanced diet works and along with proper rest and
good sleep. Relaxing and less stress can also help. I wouldn't suggest for
you to start drinking formula. I can't seem to find a single way to make it
make sense, as formula and breast milk are totally and completely different
as far as what they are goes. There's no formula in breast milk and no
breast milk in formula. Your body makes your bm, not a factory!

Old June 8th 07, 07:45 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Kim E

wrote in message
ps.com...
it sounds so simple, would this work? i would like to increase
my
expressing capacity. thx

Here is an article that discusses foods that promote lactation in
some women:

http://www.mobimotherhood.org/MM/article-diet.aspx

For me, pumping more frequently was the only thing that worked to
increase my pumping output.

-kim

Old June 8th 07, 08:06 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Larry Mcmahan

In article om,
says...
it sounds so simple, would this work? i would like to increase my
expressing capacity. thx

No. This would have no positive effect whatsoever. There are things
you can eat to increase your supply, (oatmeal, for example), but
formula is not one of them.

You said expressing. I believe that you mentioned that you have a
newborn and that you are expressing. I can't remember you ever saying
why. Quite simply, expressing is not as effective as nursing in
increasing supply. Aside from eating oatmeal or taking fenugreek,
the most effective way for the mother of a newborn to increase her
supply is to nurse as often and long as possible, allowing as much
comfort nursing as is comfortable for her.

If you are having troubles nursing because of latch of physical
problems such as cracked nipples, please post your problems here, and
we will be able to give you recommendations to get you back to a
state where you can nurse comfortably. If the baby is refusing to
nurse, let us know that, too. That is another problem that a lot of
mothers here have solved and you could get help with.

Finally, if you are not nursing because of emotional or other reasons,
that is understandable, but you might tell us it is personal, and we
can back off on our recommendations on getting the baby back to the
breast.

Good luck,
Larry

she just won't drink milk! ted General 14 December 4th 04 03:49 PM
Formula Milk Nike Pregnancy 39 May 15th 04 02:57 PM
formula vs breast milk [email protected] Breastfeeding 19 March 9th 04 05:44 PM
convincing ds to drink milk in the day time Anne Rogers Breastfeeding 1 January 26th 04 03:08 PM
Is Soy Milk Okay To Drink? Carol Ann Pregnancy 3 August 8th 03 09:30 PM