growth spurt -less or more soiled diapers?

Old June 10th 07, 06:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected][_2_]

Default growth spurt -less or more soiled diapers?

first of all thanks for all your replies to my other questions on
expressing/formula/mittens/schedules. its nice to know you are not
alone.

my latest concern is our breastfed 4wk old is having fussy stages
which i guess are part of a growth spurt. however these last few days
soiled diapers have reduced from 4 / 5 to 1 or 2.

does this have anything to do with the growth spurt or is baby
constipated?

thx

Old June 10th 07, 08:50 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

On Jun 10, 10:51?am, "
wrote:
first of all thanks for all your replies to my other questions on
expressing/formula/mittens/schedules. its nice to know you are not
alone.

my latest concern is our breastfed 4wk old is having fussy stages
which i guess are part of a growth spurt. however these last few days
soiled diapers have reduced from 4 / 5 to 1 or 2.

does this have anything to do with the growth spurt or is baby
constipated?

thx

A good many breastfed babies suddenly start going a long time between
stools after the newborn period. Intervals of up to a week aren't
uncommon -- I have a friend whose baby pooped every Thursday for quite
some time. (It can also be perfectly normal to continue having lots of
stools throughout the breastfeeding period.) As long as the stool is
still soft and not painful to expel, it isn't constipation (which is
vanishingly rare in babies getting only breastmilk).

--Helen

Growth spurt? Anonymama Pregnancy 6 October 18th 05 11:57 AM
growth spurt? Leanne Pregnancy 5 May 17th 04 05:58 PM
growth spurt K.B. Breastfeeding 1 August 8th 03 09:15 AM
11 mo growth spurt? sd Breastfeeding 1 July 15th 03 12:53 AM
growth spurt Lucy Breastfeeding 0 July 14th 03 06:40 PM