Oops . . .

Old March 9th 04, 09:43 AM
Tine Andersen

Default Oops . . .

"Leslie" wrote in message
So I've known for a week, and just feel like I have no one I can tell.

It's a
strange feeling to have such a big secret, that ought to make people

happy, but
that I'm afraid won't. So that's why I came here to tell all of you. :-)

Schyyyh - we won't tell a soul :-)

Congratulations.

Tine, Denmark

Old March 9th 04, 02:25 PM
Mary W.

Leslie wrote:

Because #5 is unexpectedly on the way!

snip

So I've known for a week, and just feel like I have no one I can tell. It's a
strange feeling to have such a big secret, that ought to make people happy, but
that I'm afraid won't. So that's why I came here to tell all of you. :-)

Yeah! Well, I'm happy for you. I'm one of five kids (I'm the
middle child) and its a great number. Although we've scattered
to the four corners of the US, we stay in touch and really enjoy
each other. It was never dull in our house.....

I hope the news breaks gently, and there is much joy when
everyone gets over the shock.

Congratulations!

Mary

Old March 9th 04, 03:09 PM
Molly Fisher

In article , elizabeth
emerald wrote:

"Leslie" wrote in message
As usual, I have been having computer problems. This time it is two

viruses
that ate my hard drive. I have been offline for over a month, and it will
probably be close to that before I get it back.

And I really miss "talking" to everyone here . . . and I need some support
right now . . .

Because #5 is unexpectedly on the way!

I have told no one IRL yet. Not even my husband, who will not be (I don't
think) pleased. Not that he doesn't want another baby--just a couple of

weeks
ago he said that he would like another, if we didn't have to worry about

money.
He loves babies; he will just be worried about our finances, a fair

worry,
since I don't have medical insurance.

And my sister's wedding is April 17, and here I've been dieting to fit

into my
strapless bridesmaid's dress, and now I'll be 2.5 months pregnant then,

and my
stomach is sticking out already now. I don't want to tell my family

before the
wedding, because I don't want to steal any of the limelight, and because

they
will all freak out with worry after what happened last time.

So I've known for a week, and just feel like I have no one I can tell.

It's a
strange feeling to have such a big secret, that ought to make people

happy, but
that I'm afraid won't. So that's why I came here to tell all of you. :-)

Leslie
#5 due around November 4

oh, congratulations! lots of support coming from this way for telling
everyone when the time is right.

Congrats, Leslie!

--
Molly
http://www.sonic.net/~mollyf/
Old March 9th 04, 03:50 PM
Irene

(Leslie) wrote in message ...

Because #5 is unexpectedly on the way!

Congratulations! And good luck telling everyone!

Irene
Old March 9th 04, 04:06 PM
Jan Andrea

"Leslie" wrote in message
I have told no one IRL yet. Not even my husband, who will not be (I don't
think) pleased. Not that he doesn't want another baby--just a couple of

weeks
ago he said that he would like another, if we didn't have to worry about

money.
He loves babies; he will just be worried about our finances, a fair

worry,
since I don't have medical insurance.

Congratulations, Leslie! And, if you're not opposed to it, with a family of
7 (since the in-utero baby counts), I'm sure you'd qualify for your state's
medical coverage under the Children's Health Insurance Program. We don't
have insurance, either, but I was covered under my state's CHIP until 3
months post-partum. We did have to use it once, as I had some unexplained
bleeding at 6 months, and I was really glad to have it. It's worth looking
into, anyway, IME.

Jan
--
Mum to Stephen, 22 May 2000
and Sophia, 2 October 2003

Old March 9th 04, 04:32 PM
Circe

Leslie wrote:
Because #5 is unexpectedly on the way!

Oh, Leslie, what a surprise!

I have told no one IRL yet. Not even my husband, who will not be
(I don't think) pleased. Not that he doesn't want another
baby--just a couple of weeks ago he said that he would like
another, if we didn't have to worry about money. He loves babies;
he will just be worried about our finances, a fair worry, since I
don't have medical insurance.

That sure makes it difficult. FWIW, though, I remember when I got pregnant
unexpectedly with Aurora, my husband was *thrilled*. I was terrified that
he'd be upset, but he was really delighted. Probably, given the financial
and insurance situation, your husband won't be over the moon with pleasure
about it, but I bet he'll be happier about it than you imagine.

As to the health insurance situation, I would think that if you have no
other way to get insurance, you ought to be able to get it through your
state due to the pregnancy. I believe all of the states have programs to
insure pregnant women. I would assume under the circumstances that you'll
qualify, income-wise, to get into one of these programs for free or for a
very low premium.

So I've known for a week, and just feel like I have no one I can
tell. It's a strange feeling to have such a big secret, that ought
to make people happy, but that I'm afraid won't. So that's why I
came here to tell all of you. :-)

Well, *I'm* happy for you and I'm sure everyone else will eventually come
around. (By the way, what happened the last time you were pregnant that made
everyone worry? I remember William was your successful VBA3C; I didn't know
you had any complications.)
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [2] mom)

Old March 9th 04, 05:03 PM
Sue

Wow!!! Congratulations. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

#5 due around November 4

Old March 9th 04, 07:53 PM
Chotii

"Circe" wrote in message
Leslie wrote:
Because #5 is unexpectedly on the way!

Oh, Leslie, what a surprise!

I have told no one IRL yet. Not even my husband, who will not be
(I don't think) pleased. Not that he doesn't want another
baby--just a couple of weeks ago he said that he would like
another, if we didn't have to worry about money. He loves babies;
he will just be worried about our finances, a fair worry, since I
don't have medical insurance.

That sure makes it difficult. FWIW, though, I remember when I got pregnant
unexpectedly with Aurora, my husband was *thrilled*. I was terrified that
he'd be upset, but he was really delighted. Probably, given the financial
and insurance situation, your husband won't be over the moon with pleasure
about it, but I bet he'll be happier about it than you imagine.

Yeah, when I got pregnant with #4 (and my husband's comment when he saw the
positive pregnancy test was "Oops?"), I was afraid he would be angry. It was
not a rational fear - I have no idea where it came from. We'd been being
"careful" and it wasn't enough. And he wasn't angry. Scared, yes. But not
angry. And he got over the fear. I'm not sure there ever was a time in my
pregnancy I would say he was *happy* I was pregnant, but I lose my libido
almost the instant I get pregnant. :P And then I spent months on bedrest, 2
of them in the hospital. But he adores girlie #4 as much as he ever has
loved the other 3. He does sometimes say he is sorry for the oldest child's
sake that she isn't an only, because then he could pay her more attention,
but I keep reminding him that he can't see her all day, and all day she has
her sisters to play with. She's not deprived of anything.

--angela

Old March 10th 04, 03:22 AM
laurie

#5 due around November 4

Oh my! Such wonderful news, Leslie! Congrats!!!!!!!!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, almost 3 years and
Christopher, 10 months

oops.. for pic links Angela Schepers Pregnancy 2 May 11th 04 04:43 AM
Maybe a help for Jill... If Not Oops Tori M. Pregnancy 4 April 13th 04 02:31 PM
going out to work vs motherhood dilema Abi General (moderated) 36 April 3rd 04 01:04 AM
FAO: Sophie (oops!) Amber Pregnancy 3 January 26th 04 03:54 PM
MKP Due Date Calendar - 11/16/03 DeliciousTruffles Pregnancy 12 November 19th 03 08:40 PM