VENT: crappy lunchtime

Old March 27th 04, 09:44 PM
toypup

Default VENT: crappy lunchtime

I just have to vent. My dad came over at the most unfortunate. It started
just before he came to the door, so I couldn't much put on a happy face for
him. DS had just tried to pour the couscous into a measuring cup while I
had my back turned and he ended up with the entire thing on the floor.
That's what I was making him for lunch, so I scooped the top part of the
pile that hadn't touched the floor back into the measuring cup. I was in
the process of sweeping it up whilst keeping DS from tracking it all over
the house when my dad rang the doorbell. He came in and immediately offered
DS cake. NO! I yelled from the kitchen, because I did not want DS to have
cake for lunch. DD started crying. I had my dad hold her while I finished
making couscous and sweeping up. He was stressed out, because he is not
used to holding newborns and she was crying. So, I finally got to BF her.
My dad keeps a distance because he is uncomfortable with BF. DS gets
couscous everywhere while he's eating and the dog is licking it up at his
feet.

Afterwards, the dog poops on the tile and the carpet. DS steps in it. The
dog is housebroken, but she tends to have accidents when guests arrive and I
don't pay attention to her. Her signals for wanting to go out are subtle.
She doesn't usually poop on the carpet. DS has never stepped in it. My dad
is telling me I need to keep the dog outside or in the garage. That was
getting near my breaking point, because my mom had been telling me everyday
she visited how dirty dogs were and here was my dad telling me my dog is
dirty and I shouldn't keep her in the house. She's my dog, she lives in the
house. I clean up poop. The phone rings. I let it ring. I let the dog
out. The iron gate in the backyard does not keep her in, so I only let her
out long enough for her to go. My dad tells me I need to let her stay
outside for awhile. I can't, because she fits through the bars of the gate
and she'll leave. grrr Stop telling me my dog is dirty and needs to live
outside. My dad finally leaves. I have more couscous to sweep up. sigh
DS is finally down for a nap. Hope I can get some rest. \rant

Old March 27th 04, 10:53 PM
Byron Canfield

Default crappy lunchtime

"toypup" wrote in message
[...]

Though, I'm sure at the time it was no picnic, it's certainly the makings
for a sit-com.

Just an idea: next time he drops over unexpectedly amidst such hectic times,
say "Oh, I'm so glad you're here. Would you please...", and put him to work,
preferably doing the least pleasant of the simultaneous chores. He'll be
less eager to drop over unannounced, in the future.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old March 28th 04, 12:35 PM
just me

"toypup" wrote in message
> [...]
I just have to vent.

Toypup

You need some hugs and a cup of something to sip. What's your pleasure?
Coffee, tea, something stiffer?

-Aula, hoping this new day is better

Old March 28th 04, 06:37 PM
toypup

"just me" wrote in message
om...
"toypup" wrote in message
I just have to vent.

Toypup

You need some hugs and a cup of something to sip. What's your pleasure?
Coffee, tea, something stiffer?

Thanks for listening. I feel better today. I felt so bad about being
grumpy with my dad that I called to apologize, since he just caught me at a
really bad time. Glad I have a place to vent.

Old March 29th 04, 11:59 AM
Rosie

Toypup's bad day:
I just have to vent. My dad came over at the most unfortunate. It

started
just before he came to the door, so I couldn't much put on a happy face

for
him. DS had just tried to pour the couscous into a measuring cup while I
had my back turned and he ended up with the entire thing on the floor.
That's what I was making him for lunch, so I scooped the top part of the
pile that hadn't touched the floor back into the measuring cup.

Frankly you get my Good Mother Award for not just scooping up ALL the
couscous, dog or no dog...

ROSIE
who's daughter seems to live mostly on floor scraps

Old April 28th 04, 05:53 AM
Kereru

"toypup" wrote in message
[...]

Ahh yes I know those days well. After a similar day on Friday (including a
poo on the floor behind the door, ehich got squished by the door), with a
feeling of releif I decided to use the DVD as a babysitter ;-) Needless to
say my husband was not popular when I discovered that he had been fiddling
and there was no sound. If it's any conslolation it happens to all of us.
Hope it was a long nap :-)

Judy

vent C. Gibson General 2 November 6th 03 06:22 PM
ER visit -- part vent, should I complain? Long, as usual Tina General 40 September 23rd 03 01:36 PM
Vent: Getting rid of outgrown clothing chiam margalit General 20 August 26th 03 06:07 PM
VENT: Wait Time [email protected] General 1 August 22nd 03 09:51 PM