birthday in february

Old December 11th 08, 10:39 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

Default birthday in february

We are celebrating DD's birthday on Sunday, February 8. School is out on
Monday, February 9, for Lincoln's birthday. I think most people work on
Lincoln's birthday. So, the venue we are considering has only two time
slots: 10:30 to 12:30 or 6:30 to 8:30. Can anyone give me their opinions of
each time slot, which is preferable and why? I know each community is
different, but I'd like to debate this in my head a little before making the
decision. This venue is ideal, but the time slots aren't. The alternatives
don't appeal to me, either, so I will likely end up choosing this venue.

Old December 11th 08, 10:59 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

I pick the 12:30 time slot, since it can be over at a decent time to still
get things done.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 11th 08, 11:01 PM posted to misc.kids
Stormlady

The later one for sure. Depending on your Dd's age, it may be a hassle for
parents of young children to try to get up early to get their child ready in
time, or for older kids, the parents may like to have an extra hour of sleep
in the morning.

My Dd has playgroup at 10:30 two days a week, and it's all I can do to get
her there on time, and I usually get up around 8 - 8:30, but by the time she
has something to eat, brushes teeth, hair, gets dressed, repeat for baby
(minus teeth and hair brushing), it's really a struggle to make it, and this
is something that I have regularly. Also, 10:30 may interfere if some of
the families attend any worship services (It's at 11:00 here, don't know
what time there)

Just my opinion, my Dd is 4, and I'd much rather have an invite to a party
at 6:30pm, rather than 10:30am.

Old December 11th 08, 11:18 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"Sue" wrote in message
I pick the 12:30 time slot, since it can be over at a decent time to still
get things done.

I'd pick that, too, but the only options are one starting at 10:30 AM and
one at 6:30 PM.

Old December 11th 08, 11:20 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"Stormlady" wrote in message
The later one for sure. Depending on your Dd's age, it may be a hassle
for parents of young children to try to get up early to get their child
ready in time, or for older kids, the parents may like to have an extra
hour of sleep in the morning.

My Dd has playgroup at 10:30 two days a week, and it's all I can do to get
her there on time, and I usually get up around 8 - 8:30, but by the time
she has something to eat, brushes teeth, hair, gets dressed, repeat for
baby (minus teeth and hair brushing), it's really a struggle to make it,
and this is something that I have regularly. Also, 10:30 may interfere if
some of the families attend any worship services (It's at 11:00 here,
don't know what time there)

Just my opinion, my Dd is 4, and I'd much rather have an invite to a party
at 6:30pm, rather than 10:30am.

Thank you. That opinion is appreciated. DD is 4. I personally prefer a
10:30 slot, but it is a religious area considering the number of churches
within a one block radius. Worship is a consideration.

Old December 11th 08, 11:39 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie[_2_]

toypup wrote:
We are celebrating DD's birthday on Sunday, February 8. School is
out on Monday, February 9, for Lincoln's birthday. I think most
people work on Lincoln's birthday. So, the venue we are considering
has only two time slots: 10:30 to 12:30 or 6:30 to 8:30. Can anyone
give me their opinions of each time slot, which is preferable and
why? I know each community is different, but I'd like to debate this
in my head a little before making the decision. This venue is ideal,
but the time slots aren't. The alternatives don't appeal to me,
either, so I will likely end up choosing this venue.

I don't remember your DD's age. But for me, personally, I would prefer the
earlier time. By 8:30, I want to be home enjoying my family life.

Old December 11th 08, 11:55 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler[_2_]

How old is she? We did a morning party for my DD this year, because some of
her younger friends still nap in the afternoon, but that wouldn't be a
problem if your child is more than, say, 5.

Old December 12th 08, 12:01 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"Donna Metler" wrote in message

How old is she? We did a morning party for my DD this year, because some
of her younger friends still nap in the afternoon, but that wouldn't be a
problem if your child is more than, say, 5.

DD is 4 turning 5. I'd like an afternoon slot, but that is not available.
Only 10:30 and 6:30.

Old December 12th 08, 12:08 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"Stephanie" wrote in message
I don't remember your DD's age. But for me, personally, I would prefer the
earlier time. By 8:30, I want to be home enjoying my family life.

Me, too. I just worry all the religious folk won't come. We live in a
religious area. I am agnostic, so I don't discuss religion with anyone.
That is a problem for me now, because I know a few of her friends' families
are very religious, but I'm not sure of the rest, even though I speak to
them quite often and they live just a few doors down. They could all be
church going people and then no one would come to our 10:30 party.

Old December 12th 08, 12:41 AM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler[_2_]

"toypup" wrote in message

"Donna Metler" wrote in message

How old is she? We did a morning party for my DD this year, because some
of her younger friends still nap in the afternoon, but that wouldn't be a
problem if your child is more than, say, 5.

DD is 4 turning 5. I'd like an afternoon slot, but that is not available.
Only 10:30 and 6:30.

I'd go with the 10:30. 8:30 is getting into bedtime for that age group, at
least during the school year.