FAO: CME - swimming pools in housing??

Old July 23rd 06, 05:49 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default FAO: CME - swimming pools in housing??

Haven't seen you around for quite some time, but hoping you still catch up
once in a while...
Have a quick question that (I'm not sure if) you might be able to help with?

Would you happen to know anything about CHR and stuff allowed in yards?
I've scanned over the 'rules and regulations' and all that, and I did notice
that structures of sorts aren't allowed without approval, but it says
nothing at all about something like a swimming pool.

I was talking a bit with the neighbour this evening, and we were just
setting up this swimming pool in the yard, and she said something about the
res managers made someone - the girl who was in our place just before us -
take down her swimming pool out of her yard. Then again, she said, the res
managers here seem to be on the cases of almost EVERYONE for everything. I
couldn't find anything about small backyard pools, though!

Thought I'd see if you were still around every now and then and might know?

Old July 31st 06, 11:51 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
CME

Default CME - swimming pools in housing??

"xkatx" wrote in message
[...]

My neighbour has one and downtown told her as long as she had a sign on her
fence saying "No trespassing" then she was fine. Call maintenance and find
out for sure because hers has been there for over a month with no problem.

Christine

Old August 1st 06, 02:18 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"CME" wrote in message

"xkatx" wrote in message
[...]

I actually did. Just today, a little bit earlier, I talked to an old
neighbour in the old complex because he said they had a big 10' ( 36" deep)
pool - those 'fast set' pools - (long story as to why he was here, best
saved for a later time!)
He said they put their pool up in the back of the complex, on the grass,
outside of their fence. There's no gate or fence around where they have
theirs, and no signs, AFAIK. He said something about they couldn't bother
them because the pool was not on housing property?
I could be mistaken, but someone not long ago said that there's city bylaws
that say if you have a pool of any sort deeper than 4' you need to have it
behind a 6' *locked* gate AND need a permit. I always thought permits were
for pools in the ground - heck, a hot tub is often 4' deep, isn't it? Tons
of people (in houses, I guess) have them...
But, anyways, I did call downtown. My lease clerk (who, mind you, is a real
cow) said that I could ONLY have a pool that is small enough to be drained
each night or it becomes a liability. This pool could be drained no problem
nightly. The problem I think we might have, though, is that we have those
stupid shared gates to the back yards. The one neighbours need to come into
MY yard in order to get to THEIR gate and yard.
Anyways, I don't pay for water, but still, draining any pool every night
seems like a waste of city water... I think for those hot days, though,
we'll set it up and drain it at night anyways. No matter what you do or
don't do, it seems, there's always an issue. The other neighbours around
here have had their issues with the res managers as well, so I know it's not
just me at least!

Throwaway kids wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 June 22nd 06 04:52 PM
For many foster children, hard life begins as adults wexwimpy Foster Parents 39 April 24th 05 03:48 AM
Pregnancy and swimming pools? X Rita X Solutions 3 January 7th 05 01:10 AM
Sisters' Deaths Underscore Danger Of Swimming Pools wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 December 10th 04 03:26 PM
prep child for swimming lessons? Jan General 9 May 14th 04 09:47 PM