Got the Car Seat Today!

Old January 30th 04, 04:23 AM
New York Jen

Default Got the Car Seat Today!

Although I wasn't feeling so hot emotionally today, I had to get out of the
house because this winter has kept me housebound more often than I'd like to
admit! I went to my favorite baby store, Buy Buy Baby (only about 6 of them
so far, I think only on the east coast) to pick up a gift for a friend's new
baby and to get Lily's infant car seat. Of course I managed to buy a 3
month sized leopard bathing suit for Lily - on sale for 5 bucks - woo hoo,
in addition to some other junk that we could have done without. But, I got
the car seat! I called the local police department because I prefer to have
professionals install it and it's a free service to the community. Their
next appointment is March 8! I'm due March 13 and Laszlo was 11 days early!
I will look around to see if there are any other places I can get it
installed sooner, I'm just more comfortable having someone put in the infant
seat who really knows what they are doing. I think something like 80% of
car seats are improperly installed, so better safe than sorry!

Just wanted to share...guess it's really hitting me that this thing in my
belly is coming out relatively soon and is actually a person who's gonna
need lotsa stuff!

- Jen, momma to almost 2 year old Laszlo (next week!) and Lily Parker, due
March 13

Old January 30th 04, 05:32 AM
Carol Ann

:: Although I wasn't feeling so hot emotionally today, I had to get out of
the
:: house because this winter has kept me housebound more often than I'd like
:: admit! I went to my favorite baby store, Buy Buy Baby (only about 6 of
them
:: so far, I think only on the east coast) to pick up a gift for a friend's
new
:: baby and to get Lily's infant car seat.

snip

::I called the local police department because I prefer to have
:: professionals install it and it's a free service to the community. Their
:: next appointment is March 8! I'm due March 13 and Laszlo was 11 days
early!
:: I will look around to see if there are any other places I can get it
:: installed sooner, I'm just more comfortable having someone put in the
infant
:: seat who really knows what they are doing. I think something like 80% of
:: car seats are improperly installed, so better safe than sorry!

You may want to check out, "SafeKids" http://www.safekids.org/ to see if
they have a local chapter. They are the organization who gave us a free
seminar AND free car seat. They will also install the seat for you.

~Carol Ann

~Carol Ann
www.bestinatlanta.com/mybaby.html

Old January 30th 04, 06:46 AM
Jamie Clark

Jen,
Congrats on getting your car seat! And the bathing suit. Why don't you
install the car seat yourself, as best you can, and then have it checked out
professionally as soon as you can? That way it's in the car if you need it
early, and you'll have practice installing it. Good luck.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest1
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old January 30th 04, 07:52 AM
Jody Pellerin

Thank you for that site, Carol Ann. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have
known the car seat we bought a few months ago had been recalled in June of
2003!!! AGH!

Old January 30th 04, 12:03 PM
Jill

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
Thank you for that site, Carol Ann. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have
known the car seat we bought a few months ago had been recalled in June of
2003!!! AGH!

Yes, thank you Carol Ann. According to that website, the hospital where I am
giving birth is having something on Feb 14 from 10-12n. I was wondering
where to find out about car safety seat checks! Thank you.

Old January 30th 04, 02:08 PM
Mary S.

Just wanted to share...guess it's really hitting me that this thing in my
belly is coming out relatively soon and is actually a person who's gonna
need lotsa stuff!

Wow, Jen, you are almost there! Hooray on the car seat and on the extra
baby junk... I know how that goes.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months
and a new wee babysprout, due October 1

Old January 30th 04, 08:44 PM
Coccinella

Congratulations Jen for your shopping! You have been very good.
In addition to the site that Carol Ann has suggested, I found this one
http://www.seatcheck.org/ with correct up-to-date information (at least for
Fairfield Co, CT).

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 30th 04, 08:52 PM
Coccinella

For recalls in general you can also go to

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html and check anything you might
need. I found it very useful.

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 31st 04, 03:55 PM
New York Jen

Yeah, that's the site I went to...but the local ones are all booked up until
March! Oh boy!

:-)

I think the hospital I'm delivering at has a program that I found from Carol
Ann's link...I'll call them Monday and see if they can install it any
sooner.

Thanks!

news