Milk, Money, & Madness

Old January 20th 04, 09:28 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Default Milk, Money, & Madness

Molly Fisher wrote:

Same one who called me a "nipple nazi"

LOL! I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh but, "nipple nazi?"

What was your reply to her? (Although I could probably imagine it pretty
closely.)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 20th 04, 10:13 PM
Nina

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message ...
Molly Fisher wrote:

Same one who called me a "nipple nazi"

LOL! I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh but, "nipple nazi?"

What was your reply to her? (Although I could probably imagine it pretty
closely.)

Thats just idiotic, funny,but idiotic.

Old January 20th 04, 10:15 PM
Nina

"Molly Fisher" wrote in message
In article , Belphoebe
wrote:

Kari wrote:

I agree for the most part. I DID get formula samples for my son
(4/99) but not for my baby this time. They never mentioned
bottlefeeding at *all* and in fact, assumes that everyone nurses at
first. (or so I was told) I guess this is not the norm? Im in upstate
NY by the way, and gave birth in Virginia to my older son, which may
be the difference in policies?

I'm in upstate NY as well, and the LC at the hospital where I gave birth
March 8, 2003 gave me a diaper bag with formula "just in case."

The LC!? Wow, that's pretty bad.

OOoooo I'm getting angry as I think about this phrase "Just in case."
It sets up someone who is on the edge to fail at breastfeeding. Why
don't they just learn the basics of helping a new mom learn to nurse?
DH was given the diaper bag with formula "just in case" by the
maternity nurse. Same one who called me a "nipple nazi" when I nursed
my DD round the clock and refused her offer of a bottle "so that the
baby will sleep and give you a break." It's a good thing she was right
about how determined I am or I surely would have failed.

Maybe its just military hospitals, but this time I was expected to room in
with the baby and provide all her care. I said I was bfing and never did i
see a bottle, hear offer of one or anything. They asked how the feeding was
going, I said ok, and that was it. If I slept too long, they'd wake me up
and tell me to nurse the baby.

Old January 20th 04, 10:23 PM
Molly Fisher

In article , DeliciousTruffles
wrote:

Molly Fisher wrote:

Same one who called me a "nipple nazi"

LOL! I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh but, "nipple nazi?"

What was your reply to her? (Although I could probably imagine it pretty
closely.)

Yah, that's a wild thing to say to a new mom isn't it? I did argue
nipple confusion with her from within my addled morphine cocoon in the
middle of the night one night while my sweet little daughter cried, but
I don't remember it clearly. You know, I wish I'd had it together
enough to give that nurse what for. I felt very vulnerable and scared
at the time.

Today, of course, I am very proud to be a nipple nazi.

--
Molly
http://www.sonic.net/~mollyf/
Old January 20th 04, 10:48 PM
Belphoebe

Molly Fisher wrote:
In article , Belphoebe
wrote:

I'm in upstate NY as well, and the LC at the hospital where I gave
birth March 8, 2003 gave me a diaper bag with formula "just in
case."

The LC!? Wow, that's pretty bad.

Yup, I thought so too. When she told the nurse to get a diaper bag, the
nurse gave her a slight wtf look before going out to get it. I had a
feeling the nurse disagreed but didn't want to argue. This happened to be
my favorite nurse, too.

OOoooo I'm getting angry as I think about this phrase "Just in case."
It sets up someone who is on the edge to fail at breastfeeding. Why
don't they just learn the basics of helping a new mom learn to nurse?
DH was given the diaper bag with formula "just in case" by the
maternity nurse. Same one who called me a "nipple nazi" when I nursed
my DD round the clock and refused her offer of a bottle "so that the
baby will sleep and give you a break." It's a good thing she was right
about how determined I am or I surely would have failed.

Luckily I was (and am!) very determined and never used any of the formula.

--
Belphoebe

working link to Today's Parent article Corrine Kids Health 4 September 22nd 03 05:39 PM
working link to Today's Parent article Corrine Breastfeeding 7 September 22nd 03 05:39 PM
KIDS EARNING MONEY Dargentala Kids Health 0 August 1st 03 02:46 PM
KIDS EARNING MONEY Dargentala General 0 August 1st 03 02:43 PM
Money money money... russell barr General 0 August 1st 03 01:23 PM