pull-ups questions, advice sought

Old July 11th 04, 10:11 PM
Karen

Default pull-ups questions, advice sought

Ds age 4 is down to only a diaper at night, and while previously a
regular heavy wetter, is waking up wet but not nearly as wet. We have
always used cotton diapers with him, only the occassional disposable, so
he is not very fond of the feel of disposables.

We're thinking a pull-up would give him some much needed independence in
the timeframe he is wearing the nighttime diaper. We fully understand
that he will stop wetting at night only when physicaly capable of either
holding the pee or waking up, so we're in no rush to push it. But a
pull-up will allow him to go to the toilet when he needs to without
assistance before he falls asleep, rather than calling us for help. And
in the morning, he could get himself up and changed into underpants
without a problem. He likes very mush being able to accomplish
independence in these areas, and with a newborn in the house, it would
certainly be a help for us!

Will any of the pull-ups hold the amount of pee a doubled cotton diaper
can? Are there any along the lines of Tushies or other more "natural"
disposables, without the creepy gels and such, and that might not feel
as uncomfortable as he finds a disposable? I'm asking fo the moon here,
aren't I?!

Anyone from the camp of cloth usage have any recommendations? The diaper
service has some kind of cotton training pant, but it just looks like
glorified underwear to me. Maybe I need to just suck it up and accept
the creepy chemical pants for the time being?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and advice.

-Karen, mom to Henry 4 and William 2 1/2 months, still new-

Old July 11th 04, 10:42 PM
ChocolateTruffles

Karen wrote:

We're thinking a pull-up would give him some much needed independence in
the timeframe he is wearing the nighttime diaper.

My only advice is to make sure to point his penis down and to run your
finger along the leg gaskets and draw them out a bit.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Old July 11th 04, 10:48 PM
toypup

"Karen" wrote in message
link.net...
Will any of the pull-ups hold the amount of pee a doubled cotton diaper
can? Are there any along the lines of Tushies or other more "natural"
disposables, without the creepy gels and such, and that might not feel
as uncomfortable as he finds a disposable? I'm asking fo the moon here,
aren't I?!

All I can say is it works for DS. They held a lot of urine when he was
wetting heavily. Nowadays, he gets up on his own most of the time, but he
does still have occasional accidents at night and they have always kept his
bed dry.

Old July 12th 04, 03:20 AM
newfy.1

"toypup" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
link.net...
Will any of the pull-ups hold the amount of pee a doubled cotton diaper
can? Are there any along the lines of Tushies or other more "natural"
disposables, without the creepy gels and such, and that might not feel
as uncomfortable as he finds a disposable? I'm asking fo the moon here,
aren't I?!

All I can say is it works for DS. They held a lot of urine when he was
wetting heavily. Nowadays, he gets up on his own most of the time, but he
does still have occasional accidents at night and they have always kept

his
bed dry.

Same here. Ds will be 4 in October and still wets at night 5/7 night a week.
There's no way I could get him in a diaper (he's a BIG boy) so we use the
Pull Ups for this. I've found the Huggies work best for holding that
overnight pee. While I don't mind store brand regular diapers, I haven't had
good luck with them for night time wetting. HTH.

JennP.

Old July 12th 04, 01:29 PM
Sue

"Karen" wrote in message
Will any of the pull-ups hold the amount of pee a doubled cotton diaper
can?

I used pull-ups at night for all three girls. However, they didn't work well
for DD1 because she went a lot at night. It didn't matter if she had
anything to drink or not. I would have to pad the bed with extra bedding
*and* she wore a pull-up, but they didn't hold her all night. She would get
a horrible rash from all the pee and being wet. Incidentally, she was put on
medication because it was determined that she had an underdeveloped bladder.
Anyway, the pull-ups worked just fine for my other two daughters, who didn't
seem to have too much of a problem with peeing a lot at night.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Baby Modeling Questions Paula General 6 October 4th 05 05:21 PM
Pull Ups Cherie General 37 July 14th 04 11:01 PM
Have only child and want another...advice Shelly General 90 April 12th 04 09:03 PM
Advice Please (x-posted) toto General 2 March 8th 04 05:49 PM
Another child killed in kincare Kane General 39 February 12th 04 06:55 PM